Ran

2 minutes ago, Lady Isis said:

BINGO!!!

Hristos Vaskrese Risto!!!

Christ AND Jon Snow have risen :)

Vaistinu Jon Snow :)

Yeah, it is running gag now in my surrounding... 

Oh, all the best, Lady Isis... Hope you had great weekend :)

27 minutes ago, Tinker Tanner said:

I liked the bit at Pyke when that strong gust of wind violently swung the bridge making Balon grab for the rail, but Euron didn't even flinch. Got good sea legs on him.

And then Balon letting go so he didn't look weak and cowardly compared/in front of Euron.

Overall it was an interesting episode, 6.5/10. Some strong points and some not-so-strong ones, but that's how it usually works.

My favourite moments were Sansa and Theon's farewell (broke my heart tbh), Tyrion & dragons and Euron. Oh, and the flashback! Finally the long-awaited flashback. And this is only the beginning, since next week is ToJ (it's gonna be a long wait...).

I was happy to see Jon's resurrection but somehow the scene was a bit disappointing. Like, I had a feeling that it all happened too easily in the end. But of course we don't know what Mel actually did to bring him back (I'm hoping it actually took a greater toll on her than we got to see) and neither do we know to which extent Jon has been affected by his temporary death.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the north after Roose's death. I'm grieving for him, he was absolutely great in the show albeit his death was a long time coming I guess.

KL was slightly boring this week. Cersei repeating her role as the grieving momma, although it was interesting to see Tommen stand up for her. I'm liking the HS more and more each episode, but not sure I can say the same about Jaime... i don't want him to get back to being his old self again.

Moving on to Essos. Like I already said, Tyrion's meeting with the dragons was one of the best things about this episode, and is sure to lend new hope to a certain fan theory. I hope he'll become Dany's dragon whisperer now (anything to get him off drinking and those self-repeating dick jokes really). As for Arya, repetitive is the word again, but after this episode I'm sensing a change in her storyline. Hope she'll get more screentime from now on.

Honestly, it's quite clear that the show is subsisting on nihilistic shock value at this point.

I'd have no problem with Ramsay killing Roose, except that:

1. This is Roose Bolton. Him letting his guard down like that is incomprehensible, especially when he knows what Ramsay is.

2. Ramsay isn't the brightest bulb, but a bastard murders his father in front of witnesses? Karstark Jr would have been better off knifing Ramsay in the back and claiming father and son killed each other. Why on earth would you follow a guy like that?

Ramsay as Villain!Sue is getting tiresome.

Edited by Roose Boltons Pet Leech

I really loved how they referred to Bran's going into the Weirwood memories as being beneath the sea.. and if you stay too long you drown. And how Jon gasps for breath as though he's been drowning.

When Theon says he's going home, I kind of hoped he's going back to Winterfell to deal with Ramsay. Winterfell feels more like home for him than the Iron Islands. Except we immediately cut to the Iron Islands, and not sure if he'd request a horse to get back to Winterfell.

I loved this episode, particularly Bran's scene, The Wall, Tyrion and the dragons, Jon and Ghost!  I was totally holding my breath at the end.

6 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

We'll get a quick hand wave explanation of Shaggydogs status or perhaps he's just there dead already alongside hostage Rickon to be dramatically satisfying.

...shaggy eating ramsey alive after tonights walda stuff seams as a good posibility.

But rickon being held captive without Shaggy going rambo is cgicharacter assesination

5 hours ago, Morna The Maid said:

And a creeping nihilism I find in the show, which is not yet in the books, no matter how dark they get at times...

The books are more nihilistic than the show. What we love destroys us is the primary message hammered home over and over in the books - the show doesn't drive it home as much.

The difference is the books (because of what they are) are more open to interpretation whereas the show is not. A reader can bring their own hope to GRRMs words, or not, depending entirely on interpretation.

20 minutes ago, Señor de la Tormenta said:

...shaggy eating ramsey alive after tonights walda stuff seams as a good posibility.

But rickon being held captive without Shaggy going rambo is cgicharacter assesination

That's the point. It wouldn't make sense even for D&D so Shaggy has to be eliminated immediately for Ramsay to hold Rickon hostage. Whether that means Umber telling Ramsay "we had to kill the wolf"...or Bringing a dead Shaggy as part of the gift, or Ramsay doing it himself, you cant have Rickon as an involuntary hostage with Shaggy at his side. The wolf is gone.

There's no way that D&D are not going to milk the amateurish "dramatically satisfying" angle of Rickon in danger as a means to draw out Jon Snow. We know the battle doesn't happen until episode 9...so that's 5 more episodes to reinforce Ramsay being "bad".

1 hour ago, WolfWarg said:

I really loved how they referred to Bran's going into the Weirwood memories as being beneath the sea.. and if you stay too long you drown. And how Jon gasps for breath as though he's been drowning.

When Theon says he's going home, I kind of hoped he's going back to Winterfell to deal with Ramsay. Winterfell feels more like home for him than the Iron Islands. Except we immediately cut to the Iron Islands, and not sure if he'd request a horse to get back to Winterfell.

I loved this episode, particularly Bran's scene, The Wall, Tyrion and the dragons, Jon and Ghost!  I was totally holding my breath at the end.

I don't want Theon to go to the Iron Islands either because that makes no sense why he would want to do that.  (I agree, he should realize that Winterfell is more home to him)  But returning to Ramsay on his own would make even less sense than that.  That makes the least sense out of anything he could ever do.

8 hours ago, Donaldys I Trumpagar said:

You dropped the context -- if half of whom were likely outraged by Jon's murder there is no FRIKING WAY they are fighting giants for Thorne.

Outrage enough to side with wilding agains NW brothers? Did wildling barg into avenge Jon's "death" make killing him justified? Of course, if fan boys and fan girls would not think about that

43 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I don't want Theon to go to the Iron Islands either because that makes no sense why he would want to do that.  (I agree, he should realize that Winterfell is more home to him)  But returning to Ramsay on his own would make even less sense than that.  That makes the least sense out of anything he could ever do.

You're right, it's just wishful thinking on my part. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Theon should realise that Winterfell was more of a home for him.

7 hours ago, jandslegate said:

Anyone think killing Walda will have a negative impact on Ramsey? The Frey's and Bolton's went in together for the Red Wedding. 

Yes. I actually turned to a bookreader friend of mine and said- "This is how either the Vale Army or the Lannisters will get to the north. Walder Frey is going to let them through the twins to kill Ramsay"