Ran

16 minutes ago, Caryn Stark said:

I am 

a. Glad that Jon is back, but not convinced he is gone/not just glamoured by Mel... I think UnJon is too cheap and I am prayyyying that GRRM can do better.... 

b. Loved the flashbacks with bran and hope it is setting up more of Lyanna's backstory or at least setting up TOJ. Looking forward to that. Hopefully they get it right. 

c. Loved Arya. Looking forward to her development. 

d. Loved that the wildlings came to Jon's aid to defend his honor and Thorne finally got his. 

I'm wondering what the effect Jon's second coming will have on Mel and the wildlings. Is he removed from the NW now? 

I could care less about the rest of the show/characters at this point tbh. 

I'm hoping the boy is finally dead, and the man came back.

I loved this episode! I knew Jon was coming back but actually seeing it on screen was amazing! And Ghost was so adorable!

The Tyrion scene with the dragons I loved! It was great! It made me want a pet dragon too, haha!

The Arya scene was as short as the first episode sadly, BUT! - her scene next season looks to be a lot longer with more progress with story and character development. Hopefully she'll get her eyesight back next episode.

Sansa knowing Arya is alive is great also.

And Tower of Joy next episode!!!!!

Just now, Faint said:

Thank R'hllor they kept Alliser Thorne and Ollie alive!

Gives Jon something righteous to do: execute an old man and a child for his own murder.

But wait, are they not absolved of that crime?  Maybe now it was only attempted murder of their Lord Commander?

Oh never mind: that’s still a capital crime. Ed, fetch me an axe.

12 minutes ago, ser charles candle said:

keep posting how bland and underwhelmed you are maybe the more you do the more people will agree with you ;)

Well this was the live discussion thread. So sorry im not screaming 10/10 for a character who only knows how to swing a sword. 

I loved this episode! It was one of my favourites so far. There were so many things in there for book readers (Lyanna, Hodor back story [which hopefully we get more of], Euron killing Balon). I was on the edge of my seat for most of it. KL and Arya's stuff bored me a little, as did Tyrions dick jokes, but I loved everything else. 

Spoiler

It's great to have the story moving forward again.

So Hodor's name is Willas, and he once could talk.  

Good to see Euron make his appearance.  

Ramsay killing Roose, Walda, and the baby was obvious from the last episode but ugh, I turned off the TV a bit for Walda and the baby's death.  Did not want to see that.

So does Tyrion's dragon whispering lend more credence to the theory that he is a Targ too?  God, I hope not.  I hate that theory, but he didn't get Quentyned, so hmmm.  Please let it not be so.  

Yay no bad poosay this week. 

Glad Jon is back and they didn't drag that out any longer.  Can't wait to see what comes next.

Yay Tower of Joy next week!

3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Gives Jon something righteous to do: execute an old man and a child for his own murder.

But wait, are they not absolved of that crime?  Maybe now it was only attempted murder of their Lord Commander?

Oh never mind: that’s still a capital crime. Ed, fetch me an axe.

Given that she, you know, resurrected him, I think it only right Jon lets her roast them alive for good weather on the way to Winterfell.

13 minutes ago, Steelborn said:

I was so certain they'd sacrifice Olly. 

"Only death can pay for life"  So I'm thinking that was what Shireen's death was for. I wonder if we'll ever know that someday.

Or possibly TV-Balon's life?  King's blood for king's blood?

1 minute ago, marsyao said:

To a fan girl? Yes, To brothers of NW, No FRIKING WAY

Hey, to each their own, but let's not act like the NW are a bunch of the most bold, courageous, honorable knights in the kingdom. They're criminals who left their previous homes and joined the Watch to avoid taking penalties for their crimes. They literally stabbed Jon via trickery instead of just storming his office and killing him when he had a chance to fight. Even the beginning of the series opens with a NW-man deserting his brothers because he sees a White Walker. How many NW brothers are there left anyway? 25? 30? It was said in the show they had maybe 40 before several decided to side with Davos and Jon. The only time they've shown courage was when Jon was leading them. These guys have every reason to value their lives.

3 minutes ago, beatsbymelisandre said:

Hey, to each their own, but let's not act like the NW are a bunch of the most bold, courageous, honorable knights in the kingdom. They're criminals who left their previous homes and joined the Watch to avoid taking penalties for their crimes. They literally stabbed Jon via trickery instead of just storming his office and killing him when he had a chance to fight. Even the beginning of the series opens with a NW-man deserting his brothers because he sees a White Walker. How many NW brothers are there left anyway? 25? 30? It was said in the show they had maybe 40 before several decided to side with Davos and Jon. The only time they've shown courage was when Jon was leading them. These guys have every reason to value their lives.

Ah, I forget you are talking about the show NW, my fault, milady