How would you rate episode 602?

Ran

How would you rate episode 602?   

547 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

8/10

Great episode, just the a few negative aspects:

1) The reanimation of jon should´ve been more dramatic involving the death of Melisandre. In the shown form it just wouldn´t happen because we didn´t see any "kiss of life" stuff. (-1)

2) I find it hard to believe that Roose Bolton wasn´t aware of the planned killing by Ramsay, especially after their recent conversations about the Bolton succession. (-1)

But altogether much, much better than the first episode.

It was not bad as the last one:

- I liked the Bran and Meera scenes. Horrible they called Hodor Willas and not Waldar. I hope they flesh Lyanna more out but than this scene and the ToJ but that is something we will see in the future. Sadly, no Summer I am generous: 1,5/2 + bonus point Bran

- Still don't know why Davos is so obsessed with Ghost. I laughed when the wildlings arrived. A comedy. Jeey, Olly is imprisoned. What is going to happen to him now. Except for Carice amazing acting, the resurrection scene was not that good. And I want Ghost to be more active? 0,5/2 for Carice acting and +1 for Ghost

- King's Landing. No idea what they were saying actually. Only the first scene was good. And they showed that the asshole talking was really something inappropriate. Laughed with his death. And then the rest of scenes. No idea what was happening? 0,5/1

- No comment on Arya's scene 0/1

- Theon mentioned Robb! (bonus point). Alfie Allen was amazing like always. Brienne showed finally more emotion than just kill the enemies. Brienne lied about Sandor? Or she omitted at least she tried to kill him? Theon and Sansa talk was very good until Theon said I am going home. 0,5/1 for Alfie Allen and Sansa/Theon talk +1 Robb  

-Tyrion playing Quent without being burned :dunno: Another of his tasteless jokes. Oh, yes, I want to punch you in the face. 0/1 -1 tasteless joke

- No comment on the Ironborn scene. Sad King Balon is dead  0/1

- Roose R.I.P. Why did you need to kill a baby? Only the atmosphere during Walda's death was good. 0/1

Wow, a 5/10. Congrats Dave Hill 

Edited by Tijgy

6 hours ago, marsyao said:

It is very rude to say that, you know nothing about me, I use to a big fan of the show, now I vote one, not because I am a troll or looking for trouble, just because now quality of  this show become so bad that I am deeply disappoint

^I'm with you on this one. 

I rated it a 4, and I didn't do it to troll. I just found a the scenes and the writing wasn't that strong. Also the massive twist and hype around Jon resolved in 2 episodes. Way to keep it going and keep us hooked on what will happen. 

Also, much like one of the greatest commanders in the history of Westeros, running blindly into battle and loosing easily (stannis the mannis), Ramsay apparently is a genius, who outwits his cold, ruthless, calculating father. And how? but mirroring the same way his father killed Robb. Great writing and effort on that one. (starting to suspect D&D's favourite character is in deed Ramsay) 

4 rating for being less of a comedy as last week 

6 hours ago, marsyao said:

It is very rude to say that, you know nothing about me, I use to a big fan of the show, now I vote one, not because I am a troll or looking for trouble, just because now quality of  this show become so bad that I am deeply disappoint

^I'm with you on this one. 

I rated it a 4, and I didn't do it to troll. I just found a the scenes and the writing wasn't that strong. Also the massive twist and hype around Jon resolved in 2 episodes. Way to keep it going and keep us hooked on what will happen. 

Also, much like one of the greatest commanders in the history of Westeros, running blindly into battle and loosing easily (stannis the mannis), Ramsay apparently is a genius, who outwits his cold, ruthless, calculating father. And how? but mirroring the same way his father killed Robb. Great writing and effort on that one. (starting to suspect D&D's favourite character is in deed Ramsay) 

4 rating for being less of a comedy as last week 

I gave a rating of 5.

It was way better than the last episode (mostly because there was no Dorne). However compared to episodes in Season 1-3, it lacked the punch and emotion in its dialogues - probably because they had no book for reference.

What I liked:

* Bran's visions

* Kings landing scenes (except Ungregor smashing that guy against a wall). It clearly shows how trapped the Lannisters are at the moment.

* Bravos scenes

* Sansa and Theon.

What I disliked:

* Roose Bolton completely off-guard. He was always cautious and calculating, but he looked like a fool in that scene. And I dont know why any Bolton soldier or Karstarks would side with Ramsey. They all hate him. Roose is the only reason why they accepted Ramsey.

* Davos not caring about what happened to Stannis and Shereen. He never metinoned their names this season.

* Why did Davos asked Melisandre to resurrect Jon? He did not ask her to revive Stannis or Shereen. Why all of a sudden Davos is interested in Jon? What is so special? There should have been some explanation as to why he thought Jon was special.

* Introduction of Euron was a let down for me. Until that scene his name was never mentioned. No hint that Balon had a brother. Then out of the blue, he appears at Pyke and kills Balon. Atleast they could have had Balon mention Euron during his conversation with Yara

* Tyrion and his Dick jokes. Recently Varys and Tyrion has been reduced to comical characters.

* Tyrion and Dragons. That scene was too cheesy for me. There should have been a bit more tension and he should not have gone that close to him that quickly. Realistically it should have taken a few days/attempts to get 'friendly' with them; after all the Dragons had never seen Tyrion before. Tyrion is supposed to be a cautious person. I dont think he would simply gone and hug a grown Dragon.

* Brienne not mentioning The Hound. At least Podric should have. He knows that Sansa knew The Hound

In a nutshell, I think the D&D are trying to rush the show. Characters are doing stuff without believable motivation

7/10

I don't know, I WANT it to be awesome and sure: I'll keep on watching, but GOT is still struggling to recapture the magic of earlier seasons for me.

Offing characters almost as soon as they appear in a scene is clearly their new 'shock & awe' tactic to catch us on the backfoot but for the audience it can create a feeling of the moment not feeling earned. Roose's death? Meh. Felt as conned by that as the ones in Dorne. Except that THIS character should've at least put up a fight, even if that was just some serious, pissed-off hatred in his eyes, but no. One stab. Ended.

Iron Islands was 'okay', except for their conversation on the bridge basically playing out like the Euron Greyjoy backstory info-dump.

Recasting of yet more faces like Leaf, the drowned priest, and the glaring continuity error of Bloodraven appearing sans beard/claws/long hair in the cave just contributes to the general continuity WTF?/laziness that will really become apparent when this thing is watched right through.

As for the end ... loved Mel's self doubt, hair clipping and incantations, but the flatness of Jon's eventual resurrection couldn't help but draw comparison in my mind with another second episode (1x02, from approx 3 min 59) >>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYeyv-Eo730

i.e: where everything from the score to the camera angles moving across the direwolf fur and bedclothes oozed the greater atmosphere without any magic even being involved.

The eyes-wide-open jump scare is a horror cliche we've all seen a thousand times before; is that really the best they could come up with? Zero artistry or originality in that moment, imo, was just hugely disappointing.

I'd have maybe had a close up on Ghost's eyes ... zoom in on a shadowy reflection slowly sitting upright in those red dilated pupils and the sound of shallow breathing before ... he howls, building to resurgent choral Stark theme into the credits.

But that's just me.:dunno:

Edited by Damorian

I really loved it but ended up only giving it seven.  Not sure why - it was late (0300 local time) and maybe I was feeling grumpy after the jarring prelude to the (excellent) resurrection scene.

It was short (not quite as short as the last one) but didn't feel short - they packed a lot in there.

I didn't get Davos going to Melissandre at all.  What gave him that notion?  Why didn't he ask about Shireen or Stannis?  The resurrection scene was nicely done - van Houten did a great job again, lots of nuance and vulnerability, and waiting until it was just Jon and Ghost before the eyes opened was well done.  But the set-up jarred for me, so minus a point there.  No sign of Jon warging into Ghost.

I loved WunWun - though I'd rather hoped to see Ghost vs Oly.  We will have to wait and see what kind of Jon has come back - how he will have changed, what happens to Thorne et al.

I thought Arya would have to learn to fight a bit better before going back in to the HoBaW. Presumably she'll stay blind in there for a bit.  No sign of her warging cats.

I liked Disaffected Meera, and the signpost that Bran isn't now stuck there for the rest of his days like Bloodraven was.

Ramsay killing Roose, fat Walda and the Rooselet was always going to happen.  Something didn't quite ring true though when Walda was pleading in the kennels - that scene didn't quite work for me.

I loved Tyrion and the dragons (great band name, right there).  However for the second episode out of two, Tyrion's dialogue - apart from the killer line "I drink and I know things - it's what I do" - was not up to the usual standards.  Two lame and unnecessary cock jokes in two episodes?  The dialogue in general in this season so far doesn't feel as tightly crafted as we've been used to in earlier seasons (pace Dorne - let's all just try to forget about Dorne).  Hopefully that improves a bit as we go on.  So minus a point for that.

What was the point of the Frankenmountain scene, other than to establish what we'd already kind of realised, that he's badass and can kill The Unbefrankened quite easily?

Jamie and the High Sparrow was excellent.  I found Tommen a bit annoying but Heady rescued that scene with (again) some great acting.

Loved Euron.  Great actor, great character, bodes well for the rest of the season - Yara and him facing off and the whole Kingsmoot thing.  I hope they take some time as there's plenty they could put in to that to make it really interesting, nuanced and strong.  I liked Damphair and hope we see more of him.

Wasn't quite convinced by Theon leaving when he did but Exposition Calls.  He's needed to be Yara's shill, I guess - the extent to which he's up for being anyone's shill right now is not clear to me, but we'll find out.

Why didn't Brienne name the Hound?  Sansa would have known instantly who it was, of course. 

So I'd regrade up to an 8 on reflection.  The previews for Ep 3 looked awesome - another late night but it's all worth it :)

Edited by Emanresu
Meera

I gave it an 8, compared to the first episode this one is ahead by quite a margin.

I deducted a point because of how clueless Roose Bolton was when hugging his crazy bastard. I was looking at the small dagger on his back all the time and was thinking to myself "Don't let him get too close man, just don't". Then the Maester walks in informing Roose he had another son you just knew that dagger was going to end up somewhere in Roose.

I feared Tyrion would've ended up as the small supper for the dragons, it was a tense scene. You never know with D&D but I believe they know the internet would rage if they ended up killing off the popular little guy.

As someone above mentioned, it's quite frustrating how these Lords keep getting killed so quickly by there own kin or how badly protected they seem to be in the show.

I would've liked for Jon's resurrection to be a little more dramatic but I love how you can see Melisandre's faith dwindling. It will be interesting to see her faith rekindled and I hope they march south to Winterfell. Her, Davos and Jon with the Wildlings and the remainder of the Night's Watch against Ramsay and his following culminating in the War of the Bastards. 

8 hours ago, Steelborn said:

8. Better than the previous episode, not one scene was bad or dragged.

Agree I also rate this episode 8 but thought some scenes were not that great, Arya, tommen. .

8 hours ago, Sand11751 said:

10, although it would have been a 10.5 if Brienne had described for Sansa who Arya had been with when she last saw her. So much happened in that episode, and based on the preview, I can't wait for next week and more of younger Ned Stark! Oh and Ramsay SNOW is a sick shit - can he just die?

Totally agree about Brienne, she Def should have explained more about arya being with the hound and how she fought him. And she needs to talk about what happened with stannis! 

Bran and his vision was great aye, old nan ! !

Ramsey is boring and annoying 

6 hours ago, Gannicus said:

7 - Much better.

The story drove forward and there was nothing catastrophic in it. I'm glad they didn't drag the the Jon Snow thing out for too long. I'm interested to see how things play out from here.

My favorite scene had to be with Jaime and the High Sparrow.  That had some of the crisp and believable dialogue we were used to seeing in the early seasons.

I will miss Roose Bolton. He was a scene stealer.

Jamie and the high sparrow was great.  Rip Roose 

1 hour ago, Davrum said:

Wait ... how in seven hells is Davos going to know what happened when he left the camp? Mel sure as heck didn't tell him and everyone else who was there is dead.

Yep I hope she fesses up tho and that they find stannis 

15 minutes ago, Dire_Wolf said:

I gave it an 8, compared to the first episode this one is ahead by quite a margin.

I deducted a point because of how clueless Roose Bolton was when hugging his crazy bastard. I was looking at the small dagger on his back all the time and was thinking to myself "Don't let him get too close man, just don't". Then the Maester walks in informing Roose he had another son you just knew that dagger was going to end up somewhere in Roose.

I feared Tyrion would've ended up as the small supper for the dragons, it was a tense scene. You never know with D&D but I believe they know the internet would rage if they ended up killing off the popular little guy.

As someone above mentioned, it's quite frustrating how these Lords keep getting killed so quickly by there own kin or how badly protected they seem to be in the show.

I would've liked for Jon's resurrection to be a little more dramatic but I love how you can see Melisandre's faith dwindling. It will be interesting to see her faith rekindled and I hope they march south to Winterfell. Her, Davos and Jon with the Wildlings and the remainder of the Night's Watch against Ramsay and his following culminating in the War of the Bastards. 

All this

Much better than last week - I give it 8 also.

Re Davos wanting Jon brought back to life, that is a bit strange. But I don't think Davos knows that Mel burnt Shireen yet - surely if he did, he wouldn't ask her anything. And, in the interview with D&D last week, they clearly said Mel was evil, so I don't think she has told Davos what went down.

If only the dragons toasted Tyrion, I would have given it a 9 or a 10. Dinklage's charisma has totally worn off and his lines are just shit now - Tyrion's old news, let him die already.

Edited by ummester

It's a solid 7.

We pretty much have a few fan theories confirmed this episode (Tyrion half Targ, Euron killing Balon, JS etc.) which is always exciting! Also making this episode miles better than the last. Furthermore, Sand snakes where nowhere in sight. Hopefully they're all buried in the sand somewhere in Dorne.

The most exciting part is having JS back, it was extremely anti-climatic though being predictable that he would open his eyes at the close of the episode. I had hoped that they would try to burn his body before he tried to open his eyes, but alas, the magic is very.... non magic like in this show.

Ramsay killing Roose was also somewhat predictable. Though I feel that they're doing a great job at showing how psychotic Ramsay is. Poor, poor Walda.

Seeing Bran again and the visions to the past, and being able to see how Arya progresses every now and then makes the show worth watching. I'm actually excited for the next episode!!

I gave it a 9. I would probably have scored it higher were it not for the anticlimactic treatment of the expected Jon resurrection and the sense that future episodes will be better as soon as the story strands develop. You really get a sense that D and D are either going back to adapting the books now after the half-uncanonical last season, or at least they are paying attention to fan theories in online boards, either of which is a good thing, because it at least means they sustain the feel of an adaptation. Nothing in this episode was a revelation. Everyone knew that Ramsay was going to kill Roose, though Walda's death was ingeniously grisly. Poor girl. Everyone suspected Euron may have killed Balon. It was all well acted, sequenced and put together, though. Cool Gregorstein moments, cool Tyrion moments, etc. Almost contained everything that we could reasonably want.

I gave it a solid 8.

Kings Landing was ok, Jaime flexing up on the high sparrow only to realize he can't win was nice.

Arya, are they just going to skip over her being a warg entirely? It sure looks like Bran will be the only one. Jon may get to a little now since he has been revived.

Sansa and Co. Little background catch up I guess, and yes I think Theon is going back to Ramsey.

Boltons, no surprise here, as soon as you saw the knife strapped to Ramseys' back you knew it was over for Roose. Yeah maybe it was a bit rushed, but we all know there are a ton of characters and some need to be killed off to make room for others.

Dorne, best Dorne scenes ever!

Greyjoy reunion, well, a lot of us thought Balon was murdered, in this version we know it was. A lot of fans were pissed about the kingsmoot being cut, well, here we go.

Bran, nice to see some visions and finally see Lyanna. Really liked next weeks preview with the Tower of Joy, will the other big reveal happen finally? It's also nice to see that Bran isn't just hooked into the trees, that he is still interacting with Hodor(Willas), and Meera. Also, that was a huge reveal, that Bran will be leaving the caves. I had thought he would be there forever. So, dragon riding is still a possibility/probability.

Jon, well most of us believed he was coming back so now let's just see what happens as a result of it. 

I gave it a 9, although if possible it would have rated a 8.5.

I was unspoiled this time which may have improved it. I look for spoilers so I won't freak out when the most horrifying things happen, but that may be a mistake on my part. I actually seem to enjoy the episodes more when I don't know what is coming. And this from a person who has read the books five times. It is essential to look upon this series as a different animal than the books. When I compare them, I find myself liking GoT less. What's the point of watching to only criticize.

Very good episode and unlike the first one, full of action and twists. Great to see Lyanna and that whole storyline open up. Brandon's acting was impressive too, he has a wise calm about him, perfect for the role, well done Isaac. Jamie and HS was nice and tense. Euron v Balon was enthralling. In the books he just fell so much better drama to have Euron brought in and confirm his kill. 

Ramsay killing Roose was a shock as it came so early but makes perfect sense as Roose is too cautious and now Ramsay's back to being the spare. Tyrion and the dragons was a good scene as it was great to see the dragons again, but more set up needed on why he could approach them. Also setting up he could be a dragon rider.

I was surprised Jon woke up, thought they would end the episode on Mel being unsuccessful and building up to his return, with TOJ playing in parallel to a grand Targ reveal later on. Still very interested to see the next epi.

The dialogue is not as good as usual as there is ofc not much source material, but they realise this and the dialogue is more sparse than normal which is the correct approach. Looks like an action packed season ahead, lots of twists and turns, and hopefully less dialogue but with it less depth, as the TV and Novels really become two separate entities,  to be enjoyed on their own and not in comparison.

Edited by Valhalla Morghulis

Wound up giving it a 6. 

Most scenes were lackluster with little to no tension and 6th grade dialogue( hence my 6 rating).  I found last weeks episode much better.

Jons rapid awakening has been overdone in so many horror flicks, couldnt have come up with something original?

Nice to see young Hodor and Wun Wun.

"Punch me in the face" if you disagree.

Really People, how anyone can piss and moan about the most trivial things is beyond me. This is a freaking STORY not real life, and the show is on a fast track because production costs have gone through the roof. This program is clearly one of the most fascinating productions ever to grace the small screen.

Davos - He has no idea what Mel did before she got to castle black, only that everybody is dead. He is hitching his horse to Jon Snow and deservedly so.

Clearing up all the loose ends the books have brought about in the time frame HBO has given them is a great task. I am entertained and excited that this story is going to reach its climax in my lifetime.

3 hours ago, Davrum said:

Wait ... how in seven hells is Davos going to know what happened when he left the camp? Mel sure as heck didn't tell him and everyone else who was there is dead.

Yes, clearly Mel didn't tell him about Shireen, and Davos will have assumed that evil Boltons killed them all including Shireen. Davos is a well travelled and actually quite a wise man and for the sake of CB and Westeros he would put aside his distaste for Mel to see if there was anything her blood magic could do for Jon.