How would you rate episode 602?

Ran

How would you rate episode 602?   

547 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

8. Book Roose would never have been caught so off guard and Jon's rez was a pretty straightforward affair that lacked in flair. Still, both events essentially fit the terms of how the show has foreshadowed those events. Tyrion's convo with the dragons was a bit lame. But they at least made the Walda and baby murder disturbing without going overboard (still would have left even more of it to implication though).

5 minutes ago, Dez said:

8. Book Roose would never have been caught so off guard and Jon's rez was a pretty straightforward affair that lacked in flair. Still, both events essentially fit the terms of how the show has foreshadowed those events. Tyrion's convo with the dragons was a bit lame. But they at least made the Walda and baby murder disturbing without going overboard (still would have left even more of it to implication though).

It looks like this plot was written by some freshman of a third rate drama school

I wanted to give it 7, but then I remembered Euron, so it dropped to 6. There weren't as many problems as in Episode 1 and I liked some things, but those dialogues... Show also becomes unhinged when it comes to deaths. It is not the problem that anyone can die. They established that in Season 1. The problem is that with both Doran and Roose, it seems premature. I feel as if Davos and Mel really need to have a proper talk, because this can't go on forever...

Good episode and very entertaining. Sorry, anyone rating it a 1 is a joke of a troll at this point. Not happy unless they can critique the hell out of something.

Watch....this show will get less than the usual posts simply because it wasnt bad, and we know people much prefer to complain then praise.

9/10. Deduct a point for Olly not getting to die this episode.

3 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

Good episode and very entertaining. Sorry, anyone rating it a 1 is a joke of a troll at this point. Not happy unless they can critique the hell out of something.

It is very rude to say that, you know nothing about me, I use to a big fan of the show, now I vote one, not because I am a troll or looking for trouble, just because now quality of  this show become so bad that I am deeply disappoint

Bran's vision... not bad... but filler. Should have shown the FB where Bran sees what the heck happened to Hodor at least. Shock to see that they made Lyanna older than Ned, makes no sense. (1pt)

Edd and wildling take-over was underwhelming... well at least Olly got a good smack on the head. (1pt)

Davos & Mel... Liam Cunningham plays it as convincingly as he can... but the script doesn't convince me. He's just had a partial lobotomy I guess :dunno:

Arya... I really don't like how they mangle the HoBaW. They should just have had her do her duties blind in the House and then have someone fight her. It just looks stupid in the streets with that many people around.

Brienne x Fansa x Theon - I know they tried to put a lot of emo in it, but it just didn't work for me. Bri should have revealed it was the Hound. She knew it was the Hound. And now she just calls him a man and leaves her sordid brutishness out of it. I'm really starting to hate her. And the whole "I'll go home on a horse". Right. Too contrived for me.

Cersei, Tommen and Jaime - filler. That's Myrcella's funeral? It's not just that Cersei isn't there, but just nobody? Maybe KL is getting bored too with the Lannisters, just as I am?

Mountain killing bragging man - stupid. So he Frankengregor is one of Varys's little bird's on his free time? Does he have free time?

St Tyrion the dragonwhisperer who darfsplains to the dragons :bang: because the dragons might even be more intelligent than people according to maesters. That was an ass-pull. Tyrion is now Barristan + St Tyrion + smarter than Dany who knows how to deal with dragons without training them. Contrived.

I like Varys in lilac better. He looks like a potato in that rag and very much bored. I think the actor is starting to get bored with St Tyrion.

Balon is even more stupid in the show than in the books... which seems like a difficult feat. And how does he know about Stannis being dead? Stannis died what... 2 days before? And now they're making Yara look stupid for not knowing there's such a thing as a kingsmoot. Comes across as another ass-pull. And since Theon's getting to be home of course with Batfinger's teleporter it's clear he's not going to live long.

Wamsay!!!! Not so smart after all. He should have written letters to all the lords of the North that he killed his father for being a traitor at the RW. Then he'd be Holy Wamsay. He killed the Ironborn, reformed Theon at Dreadfort Reform school, and avenged the murder of the King in the North, never let Lady Hornwood starve and wasn't the one who made Theon kill the miller boys and make it look like they were Bran and Rickon, nor butchered Cassel's army. At least this time they only had a Karstark in the room for a witness, instead of guards doing nothing. Still, there would be lots of guards outside the hall who would have killed Wamsay for it, especially now that Walda has a son. And how did she get to be up out of bed, looking so healthy and fit and rested, after just giving birth. I felt for her though. And I liked how they made her ask for Lord Bolton and not Roose. Poor thing. (1 pt)

Jesus Jon. :bang: Really guys? But 1 pt for not dragging it out any longer, and hinting that Jon may have warged in Ghost after all. But then they should have had him say Ghost in the final of S5.

I'm feeling generous: 4/10

12 minutes ago, marsyao said:

It is very rude to say that, you know nothing about me, I use to a big fan of the show, now I vote one, not because I am a troll or looking for trouble, just because now quality of  this show become so bad that I am deeply disappoint

If this gets a 1 from you, then every show pretty much is gonna get that. Which makes it a non sensical vote.

2 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

If this gets a 1 from you, then every show pretty much is gonna get that. Which makes it a non sensical vote.

But there are plenty of shows that are able to maintain consistent characterization and themes over several episodes and seasons. Taking GOT solely on it's own merits, they fail far too often at the simplest of things. 

8/10. Thank God Game of Thrones doesn't try to pull a Walking Dead over us by making us wait 10+ episodes just to throw us under a car. Sheesh. So fulfilling. Even my unsullied friends who can't recall the Houses names' are loving this season right now. After two years of deviation after Season three's climax , it's finally returning to form. So good!!

Edited by VladimirDulud

1 but I was holding out for better because the premiere episode is usually slow. My husband got up and went back to read because he got bored and sleepy.

Tyrion is the master of cock jokes. Just like last episode. And many before that. This time he got two in one. What a zinger!!!

Tyrion being told by Missy that the dragons like her, yet he takes Varys????

Davos still not asking about his one true king or Shireen. 

I laughed my ass off whenMel literally shrugged her shoulders and tossed her hands out and was like, "eehh", when she couldn't ressurect Jon. That was awful direction.

And what was the purpose of Mel being full naked in episode 1? 

Ramsay was super predictable, and this ain't like it came from the books predictable. No, this was tv plot only predictable. 

Looks like Cersei will go crazy, just through Tommen. 

And how can people be so blind and ignore the fact that the show has already shown Bloodraven in a tree as part of a tree. Now he is just the kindly old Granpa full time???

Again with Leaf. Was that Leaf? She doesn't look anything like what WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN. 

A 6. It's hard to downvote a GoT episode, even if I didn't quite like it.

What made it good:

-The King's Landing stuff, overall entertaining and thrilling.

-Tyrion, as always, is a pleasure to watch his scenes.

-Euron showing up, just about time. Though the rest of the Iron Islands scenes were meh.

-Bran's past visions were interesting.

The not so well things:

-Jon's stuff was boring, I agree with @Metopheles. I knew what was going to happen, was dull, and not surprising at all. I even wished he would wake up in a more wight-ish manner or something to make it more interesting...

-The Ramsay stuff: gruesome. I'm glad they didn't linger with the camera at the baby slaughter. It was obvious what he pretended to do since he killed Roose, and though I usually enjoy Ramsay scenes, oddly I felt repulsed by  this scene. So maybe it really achieved its goal.

I felt like most of this episode's problems (ie why does Davos care so much about NW politics, why does he want to use Mel's magic when he was previously so suspicious of her, etc) stems from narrative and characterization problems of last season and last episode. 

For what it was, I thought it was amazing. The direction was beautiful, the acting was on point, the characters had depth and texture, and the writing was several notches above last episode. Jon's rez was somewhat rote, but I appreciated that they built on what was established in previous seasons and that they tied his rez to Ghost, and I thought the emotion in the scene was well-constructed. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it reminded me of why I loved the show in the first place. Hopefully this is a turning point and the season will continue to get better and better.

5/10 for me.

sucked less than the first one, but...

davos has been abducted by aliens and replaced by a doppelganger who likes mel (seriously guys it has been less than a year between seasons i can't be the only one who remembers old davos!!!)

KL = meh, for the love of the old gods and the new i can't care less and if carol - larry family drama is all i got to see in KL i will never get hooked on that plot.

arya was non existent

i haven't made my mind on the sansa bit yet 50/50

jon's resurrection we all knew it was coming (us book readers since it happened) as soon as tormund left the room YOU KNEW HE WAS RESURRECTIN' i feel like it would have had more impact if it happened when mel was doing her thing. it feels cliche doing it the way they did it. but oh well this one is a minor thing.

10/10

This was one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. I didn't feel like there was a bad scene. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the entire episode. I really liked the scene between Sansa and Theon, Jaime and Tommen, and Tyrion's moment to shine was overshadowed by the worst kept secret in Hollywood. Not a dull scene for me!