Discussing Sansa XXI: Parting ways...

Mladen

Since a lot of people are asking, here are the spoilers (I'm only summarizing, but I'm sure that if you do a search you will be able to find them in more detail.

Spoiler

Jon, after receiving a letter from Ramsay taunting him, attacks Winterfell.   There are 5 armies involved and all the big northern families are there including the Mormonts, the Umbers, the Karstarks as well as the wildlings.

When Jon's army arrives, Ramsay releases Rickon who runs to reunite with Jon.  The Bolton army shoots arrows at Rickon which makes Jon and his army attack.  Rickon is presumably killed.  The people who die from the arrows form a wall which allows the Bolton soldiers to surround Jon's army.  It looks like the battle is all but over until an army from the Eyrie shows up and destroys the Bolton forces.  Sansa is leading the army and Littlefinger is there too.  Ramsay runs back to Winterfell but Jon catches up with him and kills him and at the end him and Sansa are reunited which is supposed to be a very emotional scene.  

This makes me think that Sansa goes back to the Eyrie (there are also some images in one of the trailers of Brienne and Pod in the Riverlands which makes me think they never make it to the Wall).

54 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Since a lot of people are asking, here are the spoilers (I'm only summarizing, but I'm sure that if you do a search you will be able to find them in more detail.

Reveal hidden contents

Jon, after receiving a letter from Ramsay taunting him, attacks Winterfell.   There are 5 armies involved and all the big northern families are there including the Mormonts, the Umbers, the Karstarks as well as the wildlings.

When Jon's army arrives, Ramsay releases Rickon who runs to reunite with Jon.  The Bolton army shoots arrows at Rickon which makes Jon and his army attack.  Rickon is presumably killed.  The people who die from the arrows form a wall which allows the Bolton soldiers to surround Jon's army.  It looks like the battle is all but over until an army from the Eyrie shows up and destroys the Bolton forces.  Sansa is leading the army and Littlefinger is there too.  Ramsay runs back to Winterfell but Jon catches up with him and kills him and at the end him and Sansa are reunited which is supposed to be a very emotional scene.  

This makes me think that Sansa goes back to the Eyrie (there are also some images in one of the trailers of Brienne and Pod in the Riverlands which makes me think they never make it to the Wall).

Isn't Ramsay supposed to survive the battle? Every source mentions a meeting between Sansa, Jon, Ramsay and Littlefinger at Winterfell, after the fight...

20 hours ago, Risto said:

TormundxSansa is just a pairing of gingers, nothing too serious. Ginger jokes have a long history here on forums :)

Obviously it would be an interesting and nice thing for both if they had a hot love story but if people discuss Sansa as taking the role of Alys Karstark only a valid marriage makes sense to reconcile Free Folks and the North, meaning Sansa would have to be a widow, i. e. Ramsay dead.

But this is not going to happen since in the books Sansa is still married to Tyrion and won't be a widow any time soon. At least Tormund would not be her final destination as valid marriage. If she takes a hot lover though ...... Most likely not but let's assume she gets some fun before the finale ........... ;)

(girl, be clever and better take Pod for training, book and show! Bright, kind and your age!)

Now we we can get serious again 

11 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Speaking of Pod, shouldn't he be concerned about Sansa being Tyrion's wife?

He joined Brienne to find Tyrion. Not Sansa but Tyrion's wife. But that was two seasons ago. Nobody cares anymore. The writers certainly don't.

23 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Speaking of Pod, shouldn't he be concerned about Sansa being Tyrion's wife?

Yes, of course, Pod of all knows that Sansa is married to Tyrion and we all wonder how they did away with that marriage in the show. Yet I guess Sansa and Tyrion will for sure have some interaction in the show as well, unfinished business and so on.

13 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

Hide contents

Isn't Ramsay supposed to survive the battle? Every source mentions a meeting between Sansa, Jon, Ramsay and Littlefinger at Winterfell, after the fight...

Spoiler

That doesn't mean Ramsay is going to survive the battle.

If anything I can interpretated that scene with the facts and clues so far, that could be the part where Ramsay is holding Rickon as hostage, and Sansa and Jon are force to make negotiations in order to spare Rickon. But Jon had plan of using Wun Wun to sabotage Winterfell to distract Ramsay, free Rickon, and kill Ramsay.

On May 3, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Woman of War said:

Nothing against Tormund, I like gingers, but now she is officially married to Ramsay and any marriage to  Tormund has to wait until Ramsay is dead by show logic. Though a hot affair............

But Sansa and Tormund can be buds. With Sansa being Jon's sister, Tormund could be nice and support her in retrieving Winterfell. Not as lovers obviously, Sansa had enough shippings.

10 hours ago, Woman of War said:

Obviously it would be an interesting and nice thing for both if they had a hot love story but if people discuss Sansa as taking the role of Alys Karstark only a valid marriage makes sense to reconcile Free Folks and the North, meaning Sansa would have to be a widow, i. e. Ramsay dead.

But this is not going to happen since in the books Sansa is still married to Tyrion and won't be a widow any time soon. At least Tormund would not be her final destination as valid marriage. If she takes a hot lover though ...... Most likely not but let's assume she gets some fun before the finale ........... ;)

(girl, be clever and better take Pod for training, book and show! Bright, kind and your age!)

Now we we can get serious again 

A marriage that can easily be thrown out.  If book Sansa isn't married again, I'll eat my shorts without washing them first

7 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

There are better gingers.

My ginger trumps all other gingers... Including your ginger... And she is not even a ginger :)

10 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

A marriage that can easily be thrown out.  If book Sansa isn't married again, I'll eat my shorts without washing them first

Well, she may be married, she may not... It all depends... I wouldn't be so sure... I see her as Cate Blanchett described her Elizabeth: "I am not your Elizabeth, I am no man's Elizabeth" :)

On 4 May, 2016 at 5:42 AM, messem said:

He joined Brienne to find Tyrion. Not Sansa but Tyrion's wife. But that was two seasons ago. Nobody cares anymore. The writers certainly don't.

Book Pod joined Brienne to find Tyrion. TV Pod joined Brienne because Jaime had arranged for Pod to squire for Brienne as a pretext to get Pod out of the city (for Pod's safety). I don't get the sense that TV Pod expects to see Tyrion again, or that he particularly cares about finding Sansa himself (he just wants to be of use to Brienne).

On 4 May 2016 at 0:55 PM, Woman of War said:

Yes, of course, Pod of all knows that Sansa is married to Tyrion and we all wonder how they did away with that marriage in the show. Yet I guess Sansa and Tyrion will for sure have some interaction in the show as well, unfinished business and so on.

Agree. I always thought that Sansa will realise Tyrions value when she lets go of her fairytale view of the perfect husband. 

Is she damaged enough yet? Not sure.

Will she be damaged enough after Rickon is tortured & killed by Ramsay? [Please I hope Rickon is not tortured & killed!!!]

If not Tyrion (as he is not really around to remind her how great he really is) is she damaged enough to consider marriage to LittleFinger? Especially if he becomes her saviour & helps to save Rickon and/or assist Jon in some way?

Vale forces have been not been involved in any conflict so far. Maybe they will unite with the remainder of Stannis's forces & horses (the ones which left after Shireen burnt but before the battle). LF is also savy enough to turn some of the northern lords against the Boltons, especially with Sansa at his side.

It is certainly time that Baelish does something spectacularly clever in order to be back as major player character. He wants "everything" and it is time that he justifies his role as ambiguous major villain . A villain so interesting - potentially - that we might partially root for him, a "modern" villain with an account on the Caymans, as opposed to e.g. Ramsay or Joffrey as old fashioned traditional bad guy bullies. The great thing is that we know so much more about LF than any in-show or book character, including Sansa of course.

Both  characters, Sansa and Tyrion, being "damaged enough" to see each other's value....... That's mean.

I think there is a decent possibility that Tyrion and Sansa end up together in a relationship like Cat and Ned. Not because Sansa sees the "real"  value of Tyrion or because  Tyrion sees how clever Sansa has become but because there is a certain logic in it as rounded arc, a story rhythm, no matter if there are some fans who like it and some who don't. Martin would of course make it plausible if he wants to go there. 

But maybe I am totally wrong and both protagonists end up dead.

I doubt romance will be terribly high on TV Sansa's list of priorities, what with having been brutally raped multiple times and having at least one confirmed living husband to get rid of as well as Winterfell to reclaim. With that said, with only maybe 13 episodes left after season's end, IF Sansa is going to survive and IF she is going to wind up with someone in the end, the writers are going to have to start setting up that pairing pretty darn soon. Maybe we'll get some indication this season, particularly if the Hound does return.

SanSan seems pretty likely going off the books. Frankly, though, if I hadn't read the books and were just going off the show, I would assume Sansa and Tyrion were going to end up together. 

On 5/2/2016 at 8:08 AM, Lord_Petyr said:

Castle Black seems like the logical place for her and Brienne to go but I doubt it'll be as easy as just heading up north and finding Jon. I heard a rumor/possible spoiler that she was seen filming in the riverlands. No idea if it's true but that would be another option. Maybe she'll meet up with the Blackfish who should be reappearing at some point.

I think she will go to River Run. Not sure when. I think we even see Brienne standing in front of a banner with a leaping trout in one of the previews.  Not sure how she will get through the siege, but who knows. 

9 minutes ago, ummester said:

Har - Tormund and Sansa :D

He's the only one tall enough for her. Perhaps he can make her slick, like an eel. Not sure his bear lover will take it well, though.

Apparently this joke got the life of its own... I will be more careful next time :)

4 hours ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Agree. I always thought that Sansa will realise Tyrions value when she lets go of her fairytale view of the perfect husband. 

Why doesn't have to be the other way around? I mean why not Tyrion accepting and realizing how smart and great Sansa is? And while I would agree that 12-year-old version of Sansa's beliefs about perfect husband should not be considered as rather real, I do believe that she, in many ways like Tyrion, wants a man who will love her. So, she is not clinging to any sort of fantasy (especially TVSansa) with regard to marriages and perfect husbands.

2 hours ago, Woman of War said:

I think there is a decent possibility that Tyrion and Sansa end up together in a relationship like Cat and Ned.

There would be something rather Tolstoy-esque in it. Sansa could end up being Martin's Natalia Rostova or Kitty Scherbatskaya. Which, TBH, can be argued. But, I think that Martin has a bit different relationship with Sansa from the one Tolstoy had with Natalia or Kitty.

Archived