Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Risto

Discussing Sansa XXI: Parting ways...

Recommended Posts

Another episode, another Sansa thread...

This one was a bit uneventful, having her Brienne and Sansa discussing Arya's whereabouts. Interesting, Brienne refers to Hound as "man" which seems a bit off. The Sansa scenes ends with Theon deciding to go home while Sansa stays with Brienne and Pod moving to Castle Black. It was a beautiful goodbye and Allen and Turner had a very nice chemistry. It would be bad not seeing them together...

Ramsay becomes even bigger threat now... So, do you think Sansa will reach Castle Black? Or will she head somewhere else?

So, once again, welcome to Discussing Sansa threads...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if Jon will remember Sansa when she reaches The Wall, given that he may have lost some part of himself by dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Risto said:

So, do you think Sansa will reach Castle Black? Or will she head somewhere else?

At this point I don't see why they would go elsewhere.  They've said they're going to Castle Black, and the show has a clear preference for putting main cast together, nor is there any other location that would better-serve what appear to be the show's story needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that this has anything to do with Sansa as a character, but the sets they have her on are just stunning. They've done such a great job making her look like a lost princess in a land that's by turns brutal and magical. Her scenes are so fairy-tale-esque, and I think whoever does set design or whatever deserves heaps and heaps of praise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my view, Sophie's acting seems to vary with the quality of her scene partners. Her rapport with Alfie Allen in their scenes together really worked for me.

I agree that the line about Arya being with "a man," especially since Brienne knows it was the Hound, was kind of weird.

Jon/Sansa reunion incoming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the Hound's reputation, it makes sense to me not to mention that he was the man with Arya. There's nothing Sansa can do about Arya at the moment anyway, and it's fair to assume that for most Westerosis, "your sister seemed fine" is a LOT less worrying than "your sister was hanging out with the Hound and then I never saw her again." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlackwaterPark said:

I'm wondering if Jon will remember Sansa when she reaches The Wall, given that he may have lost some part of himself by dying.

In this scenario, are we also assuming that after Jeyne Poole, she will be taking the role of Alys Karstark too? And given that the show didn't clearly established the loss of oneself through resurrection, I doubt that Jon will not remember her.

4 hours ago, Colonel Green said:

At this point I don't see why they would go elsewhere.  They've said they're going to Castle Black, and the show has a clear preference for putting main cast together, nor is there any other location that would better-serve what appear to be the show's story needs.

Ramsay cutting the Wall for them? But, yeah, as I said above, she might be taking the role of Alys Karstark, which will set in motion the events of Pink letter. Or perhaps Pink letter will arrive sooner, most likely before Sansa, and some confrontation will happen. But, the battle is supposed to happen in front the walls of WF... Possibilities, possibilities :)

4 hours ago, Alaynsa Starne said:

Not that this has anything to do with Sansa as a character, but the sets they have her on are just stunning. They've done such a great job making her look like a lost princess in a land that's by turns brutal and magical. Her scenes are so fairy-tale-esque, and I think whoever does set design or whatever deserves heaps and heaps of praise.

She is the one that looks astonishing. Yeah, the set is amazing, but young Ms Turner is growing up into a very beautiful woman.

24 minutes ago, SamuelVimes said:

Given the Hound's reputation, it makes sense to me not to mention that he was the man with Arya. There's nothing Sansa can do about Arya at the moment anyway, and it's fair to assume that for most Westerosis, "your sister seemed fine" is a LOT less worrying than "your sister was hanging out with the Hound and then I never saw her again." 

But this is the thing... Brienne fought the Hound and left him probably dead. So, Arya vanished on her own. Plus she made clear, Arya was looking OK. So, there would be no need to spare her feelings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was heartbroken to see Sansa and Theon part ways. I agree with what's been said previously about these two actors, they have an amazing chemistry together.

I'm all for Sansa reaching the Wall and being united with Jon, but at this point I'm not sure if she'll ever reach CB. She might as well be caught in the middle of the stirring norterners, in the aftermaths of Roose's death and so on. I don't think D&D would be so cruel as to reunite her with Ramsay again, but I still worry for her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brienne doesn't know Sansa met Sandor Clegane as anything else than Joffrey's guard, so she has no reason to tell her. And it avoids the whole "I've killed Clegane and left your sister alone in the wilderness" angle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she'll reach CB, sooner or later. Then Davos, Jon and everyone will go rallying the North against Ramsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

Brienne doesn't know Sansa met Sandor Clegane as anything else than Joffrey's guard, so she has no reason to tell her. And it avoids the whole "I've killed Clegane and left your sister alone in the wilderness" angle

Where does Brienne think Sansa was since she was 13? In Qarth? She knows she was in KL engaged to Joffrey and she knows Sandor was his bodyguard, so it is natural that Brienne thinks Sansa knows the man.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Risto said:

Where does Brienne think Sansa was since she was 13? In Qarth? She knows she was in KL engaged to Joffrey and she knows Sandor was his bodyguard, so it is natural that Brienne thinks Sansa knows the man.

 

Right. As the bodyguard of the King who had her beaten. As in, Sansa's enemy. While the relationship between Sansa and the Hound was watered down in the show, Brienne has no way of knowing Sansa cares a bit about Sandor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where else than Castle Black? Umbers, Karstarks, Manderly everyone would hand her to Ramsay. House Mormont and Bear Island maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Risto said:

Ramsay cutting the Wall for them? But, yeah, as I said above, she might be taking the role of Alys Karstark, which will set in motion the events of Pink letter. Or perhaps Pink letter will arrive sooner, most likely before Sansa, and some confrontation will happen. But, the battle is supposed to happen in front the walls of WF... Possibilities, possibilities :)

The events aren't entirely synchronous.

Its hundreds of miles to Castle Black from Winterfell (weeks of travel) and Melisandre fled just a day or two before Stannis' defeat at Winterfell (which was also when Sansa escaped from Winterfell). That means Sansa and Brienne are probably only days away from Castle Black by the time Jon is murdered and resurrected.

I'd say odds are good that they will arrive during episode 3. It seems like a pretty big Stark episode. Jon is revealed to be alive. Bran witnesses the Tower of Joy (so we even get a Ned appearance). Arya probably gets her sight back while Rickon is probably the Umbers' gift to Ramsey. So it would make sense for Sansa to arrive at Castle Black and give us our first Stark reunion since season one.

By contrast, we don't know how long after Sansa was rescued by Brienne that the bodies were found and reported to Roose. It could be weeks later and Ramsey doesn't seem the type to send letters in advance of an attack.

That said, getting the letter from Ramsey and then our heroes deciding to clear out of Castle Black so that there's no reason for Ramsey to attack the Night's Watch is a pretty plausible scenario, though I don't see that happening until episode 4 or 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what Sansa would think if Brienne told her she killed the hound?

I think Sandor will be back even in the show but of course Brienne wouldn't know that. And like many I hold to the idea that Sansa is fond of the hound, feels safe around him, and is to some extent infatuated with him (in the books at least). 

Castle Black seems like the logical place for her and Brienne to go but I doubt it'll be as easy as just heading up north and finding Jon. I heard a rumor/possible spoiler that she was seen filming in the riverlands. No idea if it's true but that would be another option. Maybe she'll meet up with the Blackfish who should be reappearing at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Risto said:

In this scenario, are we also assuming that after Jeyne Poole, she will be taking the role of Alys Karstark too? And given that the show didn't clearly established the loss of oneself through resurrection, I doubt that Jon will not remember her.

The show did, not as explicitly as the books but we have to believe this scene will account for something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQlXu6nrJOE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing the D&D penchant for plot twists and bad timing (e.g. the candle, then Brienne's return), Sansa may find out in Molestown that Jon was murdered (and no one knows he's alive again) and she decides to go back to the Vale - her only safe refuge if she doesn't trust any Northern house.  It would make sense for her to think that with a force (even a small one) and supplies from there she could find Bran / Rickon / Arya.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think most Northerners would turn Sansa over to Ramsay. Sansa may not realize it, or remember, but the Boltons are not well liked in the North. It's true there's that one northern family that are still angry about Robb killing the father for killing the young Lannisters without permission, but I think most families would help her.  Especially if she told them what Ramsay did to her. She worked those nobles in the Vale for support when she revealed herself to be Sansa Stark.

One of my favorite moments was when Sansa smiled and said that, no, Arya wouldn't be wearing women's clothes. That sisterly love is still there  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×