[Spoilers] Criticize without repercussion

teemo

As others have mentioned, I was a little irked with how Davos asked Melisandre to revive Jon. It seemed a bit out of left field for his character. What is it exactly that prompted him to think to resurrect Jon in the first place? In turn, that made the whole Jon resurrection scene anti-climactic for me.

27 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Plot hole super glue: For instant character bonding. Use it on all of your interchangeable characters!

Call now and we'll throw in PlotBondo. It's great for filling in all your plot holes!

The plot holes are insane. I fear for this season. Suddenly Davos is best buds with Mels? And is asking her to perform the magic he has been against? Okie-dokey. Liam Cunningham is such a great actor but what are they doing to Davos. They couldn't have at least thrown those lines to someone else. 

Theon is going to the kingsmoot. I have $5 that says he climbs into the teleporter and arrives by next episode. Of course the fact that he was the heir and Asha/Yara after apparently means nothing to Priesty. There is a kingsmoot for the Salt Throne, apparently. We will just forget about those succession discussions, no worries.

Ramsay Sue and the dogs are shocking and D&D love shock value - although I found the resurrection to be a wee bit anticlimactic. 

I loved the bit where they went on and on about setting up how the dragons knew and trusted Missandei and then didn't put her near the dragons. But let's just give people useless lines. 

At this point, I use the Larry and Carol scenes to take a snack break in order to preserve my sanity because I just assume the plotholes and character inconsistencies are so great it will make veins pop out of my I head. This week I made crackers with cheese and sriracha. Yum. I noticed Tommen and the Septon. He's a good actor, but Larry was there so I still had it muted. I have given up. Tommen was trying to be a king and Carol was being weepy. Poor misunderstood Carol. Yummy cheese and crackers. 

Arya was good. No complaints. They still have source material that they are using to adapt and so having written them self into a black hole. 

4 hours ago, RattleSnake said:

Saint Tyrion needs better lines. While I was never a fan of Tyrion, I admired his wits and knowledge. Doing repetitive dick jokes does not picture him as smart, just cringeworthy. Part of me hoped he gets roasted like Quentyn, though the other part of me was sure his plot armor is thick and durable.

This.

Also, when Brienne was talking to Sansa and saying some man was with Arya....isn't the Hound sort of famous for his burned face?

Did anyone else think the door on the cave is a hint of a fallout shelter? Maybe DnD are going Shannara Chronicles without Martin to guide them? It sure seemed like a bunker to me. With weird Shannara like elves sitting everywhere. Those children of the forest(?) really don't fit with the rest of the world.

5 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

They had Larry say he killed his cousin just to rub it in that they did that.

So they are perfectly fine forgetting about Cersei's totally out-of-character show-only fourth child, but they make sure to bring up Jaime's show-only cousin-killing every season since it happened just in case we forgot! I bet NCW wishes he'd never mentioned that he read the books so he could benefit from the Lannister Whitewash. ;) Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage and Charles Dance all said they hadn't and look, Poor Carol, and Lawful Neutral Tywin come out smelling comparatively rosy, and St Tyrion the Dragontamer gets to be all three heads of the dragon + Azor Ahai + the Prince that Was Promised + The Last Hero all rolled in to one gift-wrapped package! 

26 minutes ago, Miss Carnahan said:

The thing that bothered me the most was definitely the Tyrion scene. It seems that everything he does in this show, somehow succeeds. He can do no wrong.

At this point, it is actually completely surprising to me that someone didn't crown him king of Westeros after Joffrey's death. Like he just strolls into this place where he doesn't know the language and a couple of weeks he's ruling them with justice and mercy and he understands the dragons better than the woman who hatched them and undoubtedly he will resolve all of Dany's Meereen problems and Yara will probably fall at his feet when she Victarions her way to Slavers' Bay eventually. Elephant and Piggy books have more internal conflict for their characters!

12 hours ago, Davros Seaworth said:

Well, that was disappointing, and St Tyrion & Super Ramsay were both equally irritating. Couldn't Tyrion at least have the decency to carry out Quentyn's arc properly?

Bhahahahaha, thank you, I needed that laugh!!  :lmao:

(yeah, I'm still jumping all over trying to catch up)

Kinslaying is all the rage in westeros now 

Not even considered a crime you can do it right in front of your own bannermen now 

Someone like show ramsay would never amount to anything in the books 

Let me get this straight.

So, loras is imprisoned because he is homosexual. Big Crime I suppose.

Margaery is imprisoned because she lies during Loras Trial. Big crime.

Cersei is imprisoned in turn for having sex with Lancel (?)..

Everyone that goes to the Sept of Baelor ends up in jesus prison for some lame sin or crime.

Then comes Jaime. The infamous Oathbreaker, Kingslayer, Kinslayer, that helped Tyrion escape the Gods Justice and…. Just walks away.

Do these people know what they are doing?

Even funnier, Margaery tells HS she has nothing to confess, he asks her if she is without sin, she tells him lol no, nobody is... and this is enough for him to keep her in the cage. By that logic they should just raid the streets and arrest everyone. 

I don't have much to add because everyone's said it all at this point lol. I just cannot believe how bad this episode was. I don't mind them straying from the books too much, but it drives me crazy how the show does not care about the plot holes and inconsistent characterization and the way things are just written and happen on a whim and the way audiences (and critics, frankly) just eat it up. The quote "creatively it made sense to us because we wanted it to happen" applies more and more with every episode. 

6 hours ago, Ravness said:

In turn, that made the whole Jon resurrection scene anti-climactic for me.

I can not imagine how the scene could have been anything else.  There is practically no one that actually believed that Jon would stay dead.  One can have him suffer consequences for his actions or anything.

My few grips with this episode was the whole Davos-Melisandre thing. I am glad she resurrected Jon - I was freaking out and hyper - but it is really out of character for Davos.

My other grip was Brienne not mentioning the Hound by name. I just don't understand how she forgot his name. I was really looking forward to Sansa's reaction that her sister was with the Hound. (Does anyone know why Brienne didn't give Arya the nice wolf bread that Hotpie made for her in the fourth season? Or was that just a bad continuity error?)

I was fine with the Tyrion and dragon(s) scene. The dragons acted like puppies haha! Made me want a dragon really bad. And I can tell there are some plot holes already. I wish they would've kept both Arya's short scenes in the same episode. There's really no point in showing two minuet clips of her in only one episode. If her segment next season isn't ten minuets --

Archived