[Spoilers All] Boltons Misled - Karstarks and the GNC?

Harrenhal Haunter

23 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

It's definitely Rickon 

the show doesn't pull fake outs like that 

the real Mance died 

a real Stark was married to Ramsay 

ramsay really did beat Stannis on the show

I agree with you. I can't see them doing a fake out and I don't know that it would really work for the show.

On 5/2/2016 at 3:59 AM, ssls6 said:

I did not take that scene as "I have these houses" rather "with these houses you have enough men".  Maybe through the Manderly's play that role along with the umbers.  Next week's previews made me pause at one line and wonder.

Arr. Umbers are pigheadedly loyal to the Starks in the books, why would they just up and switch sides? Especially if some of them died in the Red Wedding? We saw a Manderly at the Red Wedding in the show. He was unnamed, but obviously a Manderly. The mermaid on his surcoat was stupidly visible. So honestly, why on earth would they be on the Bolton side if that was the case? Ramsay was talking out of his arse and trying to convince his father that he can sway those Houses. I highly doubt they are loyal to Bolton. Karstarks may be the only ones. (and i dont think we are getting Alys in the show) And i really doubt we are seeing the Flints and Norreys. Only the really important Nothern houses: Mormont, Reed, Bolton, Manderly, Umber, Karstark. I feel like an Umber is going to say the "Ned's little girl" line (if it stays in the show) and Wyman may happen. Unf

On 5/2/2016 at 2:19 PM, Tagganaro said:

I feel pretty comfortable saying we are 100% getting some version of Manderley's "The North Remembers" speech.  They wouldn't leave that out.  I think that old woman at WF from last year was laying some of the groundwork for them to go there.

Yee. And i really really cant wait. I feel like some Frey Pie is also gonna happen this season.

Oh yes, oh yes indeed, Florina.

When I heard "Manderly" the gears of optimism started turning.  [I was so happy it even took some of the sting out of Roose getting got :( ]

Karstarks will likely be legitimately loyal to Ramsay:  this would be entirely consistent with the show's internal logic as established back in Season 3 [Roose Bolton and Rickard Karstark hang out and talk shop at Harrenhal, and remember Ramsay starts to panic during the torture game when Theon guesses "Karhold", thinking Theon saw banners.  The Karstarks have been on Team Bolton for a long time.]

Perhaps Roose was about to warn Ramsay about how difficult it would be to recruit the stubborn Umbers before he got, uh, cut off. :)

We will probably get only one representative/mouthpiece on-screen character for each house, for the sake of expediency, and honestly that's fine!  (Namewise, I'm pulling for Whoresbane, personally).  Still plenty enough people for a "The North Remembers" chorus, and a serving or two of pie :devil:

I believe the GNC will happen in some form in the novels, but in the show? Nope. Why else have the Boltons wipe out Stannis only to have the North and Wildlings rise up next season? They didn't want to make the Northern houses, the "good guys", behave in a controversial fashion by playing the Boltons and Stannis against one another and destroying the victor.

24 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

I just dont see a GnC being pulled off on the show they've cut out all the components and content that builds towads it.

They could pull it off to some extent. They've already started with the 'The North Remembers' line last season, and starting to mention some of the Northern houses. Especially the Manderly's makes me think we're getting some version of the GNC. 

9 hours ago, Ruhail said:

I just dont see a GnC being pulled off on the show they've cut out all the components and content that builds towads it.

SPOILER WARNING (not sure if it is considered spoilerish to use casting news for later episodes)

They really haven't though...they've just postponed doing it.  We know at a bare minimum we're getting the Manderly "North Remembers" speech, we also know Davos is doing scenes with Lyanna Mormont, and we know we are getting stuff with the Karstarks and Umbers too.  That's already 4 Northern houses at a bare minimum, plus we know the big battle scene to end the year is some kind of battle involving the Boltons on one side and Jon and the wildlings on the other.

We are definitely getting some kind of GNC.

19 hours ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

Arr. Umbers are pigheadedly loyal to the Starks in the books, why would they just up and switch sides? Especially if some of them died in the Red Wedding? We saw a Manderly at the Red Wedding in the show. He was unnamed, but obviously a Manderly. The mermaid on his surcoat was stupidly visible. So honestly, why on earth would they be on the Bolton side if that was the case? Ramsay was talking out of his arse and trying to convince his father that he can sway those Houses. I highly doubt they are loyal to Bolton. Karstarks may be the only ones. (and i dont think we are getting Alys in the show) And i really doubt we are seeing the Flints and Norreys. Only the really important Nothern houses: Mormont, Reed, Bolton, Manderly, Umber, Karstark. I feel like an Umber is going to say the "Ned's little girl" line (if it stays in the show) and Wyman may happen. Unf

Yee. And i really really cant wait. I feel like some Frey Pie is also gonna happen this season.

How? There aren't any Freys in the North

Archived