Can regicide be so easy?

GOTFanatic

If you think about it, we had another similar scene, with the opposite outcome: Jaime and the High Sparrow. The High Sparrow actually humbly taunts Jaime (seriously, humbly taunts; the fucker is an expert troll) into killing him. But there, the Kingslayer realized that while killing a man might be quite easy, dealing with the consequences is an entirely different cup of tea.

Something that's too subtle for Ramsay's simple mind. His momentary victory in Ep 2 will bite him in the ass in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Roose may not think much of Ramsay's intelligence, but he has no reason to underestimate Ramsay's viciousness. Roose is simply smarter than that, IMO

And male babies who are the heirs of lords are consequential the moment they take their first breath.

It's certainly in character for Ramsay to try to kill Roose, but Roose should have expected it. It still could have happened, but D&D should have had Ramsay do it in a more clever way.

But babies have been known to die without the aid of cunning bastards ;)

The baby is the heir, but Ramsay is still the spare. Until another one comes along that is. Roose and Ramsay have been physically close to each other many times. This time is different because an heir has been announced but if it wasn't possible for Ramsay to get close to Roose on this occasion, once he had his mind made up to kill him, how long before he got a better opportunity?

3 hours ago, Clash said:

He still treats Ramsay like an idiot though. He had just firmly shut the door on Ramsay's idea to storm Castle Black for lack of subtlety and downright stupidity. He seems to feel that Ramsay his happy to take the occasional crumb thrown him and come back for more. Would he see that kind of person as a direct threat to himself? Even if he believes that Ramsay could become a threat, Would he believe it likely that it would come right then when the baby is not going to be of any consequence for years?

On top, there is a witness right there

3 hours ago, Clash said:

He still treats Ramsay like an idiot though. He had just firmly shut the door on Ramsay's idea to storm Castle Black for lack of subtlety and downright stupidity. He seems to feel that Ramsay his happy to take the occasional crumb thrown him and come back for more. Would he see that kind of person as a direct threat to himself? Even if he believes that Ramsay could become a threat, Would he believe it likely that it would come right then when the baby is not going to be of any consequence for years?

On top, there is a witness right there

Not really important, but I thought for a second that the title of this thread was 'Can regicide be so sexy?' and actually thought 'Well..damn, can it?' before I realised I was an idiot.

6 hours ago, The Onion Kniggit said:

In a nutshell when you see something on Game of Thrones that is nonsensical, poorly-written, laughably bad or cringe-worthy. There is a 99% chance that was not written by GRRM....

5 hours ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

This ^

I humbly disagree.  I really do - the show writers/creators are not that bad.  And GRRM is not that good.

I think what bothers me is that Asha [or anyone] is so sure he didn't just slip and fall.  If the goal is to make it obvious there is a culprit -- make the weather nice. Don't show him slipping on a wet and storm-addled rickety old bridge.

The Roose murder is more difficult to believe unless you go with the obvious 1: Ramsey "loved" the Kennel Masters daughter and fed her to the dogs. 2: Foreshadowing of Roose telling Ramsey his way won't work long term. But then Ramsey does it his way moments later.

The Kingslayer never lives down his rep for killing the Mad King.  Cersei murders Robert quite cleverly. The Frey's are so insulted that their choice is not difficult to understand.  Jon Snow is the commander of nothing more than scumbags in general - so naturally his death is believable. 

It's the Game of Thrones -- if it was NOT easy for this to happen - the books and show would not exist!

Archived