What will the dragons do now?

Buffy

I have to admit that I was super excited about watching Tyrion with the dragons! Any theories about what the dragons will do? I still hope that this means Tyrion might have a special connection with one of the dragons and ends up riding him one day.

2 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

They will eat and get bigger

This much is certain.

I'm also sure that at least 1 of them (2 if you include the black one and possibly 3, in total) will end up setting fire to half of Westeros and chowing down on the charred corpses.

I assumed they'd leave some big door open for them to walk out of off screen and we'll see them next flying around eating things.

Actually, I thought Tyrion would bring some food for them and get them to eat.  Didn't think he was going to release them like that.

When the Harpy attack Mereen again, Tyrion will ride one of the dragons to Westoros and rally the houses together. Jon will convince him of the White Walker problem. When Dany returns (with Drogon, the Dothraki and the third remaining dragon) Tyrion will plead Jon's case and the third dragon will take a liking to Jon. It is known. Jon will marry Arrya (probably Sansa in the show) to keep the Targaryan and Stark houses together by blood.

12 hours ago, ummester said:

This much is certain.

I'm also sure that at least 1 of them (2 if you include the black one and possibly 3, in total) will end up setting fire to half of Westeros and chowing down on the charred corpses.

That's pretty much my expectation as well.   Very bad things will come of this for much of Essos and eventually Westeros as well.  

10 hours ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

You know, I was thinking about it, Drogon has a sort of magical connection with danny, in a way he knew that she is his rider, i think that each of the remaining dragons can sense who and where is his rider, so they will go to them, I suspect they will go to Jon and Bran

Just out of curiosity wouldn't Tyrion and Bran(3ER told him he would fly) make better dragon riders? Neither of them, or Dany for that matter is formidable on the battle field, but Jon is. Jon leading the ground forces with Ghost and Longclaw while Dany, Tyrion, and Bran rain down fire makes more sense in my head.

I suppose that Tyrion will continue to try to tame them and he will eventually succeed and will use them against the enemies of Daenerys. If Daenerys doesn't come back by then, he might use them to fly on their back to find Drogon and Daenerys.

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

Just out of curiosity wouldn't Tyrion and Bran(3ER told him he would fly) make better dragon riders? Neither of them, or Dany for that matter is formidable on the battle field, but Jon is. Jon leading the ground forces with Ghost and Longclaw while Dany, Tyrion, and Bran rain down fire makes more sense in my head.

you said 'Jon leading the ground forces', White walkers can't die with conventional weapons, Jon know this fact and he know that a conventional army will be futile, and sorry I don't see Tyrion as a rider, it's out of his character, Tyrion is a political genuis not a warrior

I was confused about this as well.  Is there supposed to be a bigger door somewhere? There's no food in the cave(prison, whatever) so I'm not sure how freeing them helped if they are still stuck in there....Obviously they can't fit through that small door.

28 minutes ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

you said 'Jon leading the ground forces', White walkers can't die with conventional weapons, Jon know this fact and he know that a conventional army will be futile, and sorry I don't see Tyrion as a rider, it's out of his character, Tyrion is a political genuis not a warrior

Dany is a warrior? She has never been in battle, never developed battle plans or killed anyone herself? Tyrion has been in battle and killed people. Tyrion on dragon back would be perfect because he can see the battle beneath him and use his experience to know where to attack, remember his whole defense of Kingslanding against a superior force? Or when he was with Tywin and Tywins advisors and Tyrion was the one who saw that the battlefield had shifted and his own father who hated him saw how good Tyrion already was with "tactics" even though he had no training?

Jon and Sam have both killed wights/walkers/whatever term we use. Dragon glass and Valeryion steel works. Get all the dragon glass and Valeryion steel you can to a trained army to help keep the walkers contained on the ground and use the dragons to rout them.

2 hours ago, Noveson said:

I was confused about this as well.  Is there supposed to be a bigger door somewhere? There's no food in the cave(prison, whatever) so I'm not sure how freeing them helped if they are still stuck in there....Obviously they can't fit through that small door.

I'm sure that when they were put in there, they came in from outside, and Dany followed them in without walking down any stairs, so there was another door at one point, that may have been down to D&D forgetting how they built the set before though.

When Varys, Tyrion, and Messandei, were talking, they said that the dragons had been just leaving their food, so it is probably there in the dark somewhere

3 minutes ago, Lord Spark of House Spark said:

I'm sure that when they were put in there, they came in from outside, and Dany followed them in without walking down any stairs, so there was another door at one point, that may have been down to D&D forgetting how they built the set before though.

When Varys, Tyrion, and Messandei, were talking, they said that the dragons had been just leaving their food, so it is probably there in the dark somewhere

Gotcha, I'm just trying to figure out if the implication is supposed to be that they are flying free now?  Or are we supposed to think they are just free within the cage itself.

11 minutes ago, Noveson said:

Gotcha, I'm just trying to figure out if the implication is supposed to be that they are flying free now?  Or are we supposed to think they are just free within the cage itself.

The Drain that the CGI for the dragons puts on the budget is huge, so that's why we don't see them too much. I had assumed that the implication was that they could get out and about.

I expect they will be back on screen for the show's version of the battle of Mereen.

Archived