How would Davos know what happened to Shireen?

Davrum

1 hour ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Both - my point is, Davos has no idea Stannis's body still exists. And if it does, it would likely either be rotted or he would be a maggot/crow feast. Either way, past the point a resurrection would work.

I don't think Davos would try to resurrect anyone..Stannis or otherwise.  It's completely against his character (as established by the show)

2 hours ago, Ross2013 said:

I don't think Davos would try to resurrect anyone..Stannis or otherwise.  It's completely against his character (as established by the show)

...and as re-established by the show. Most of GRRMs characters evolve. Why would Davos be different? 

13 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

How long do you think it takes to get from Castle Black to Winterfell? It's roughly 650 miles. 

How many days ride? What shape do you think Stannis's body might be in? Did Brienne slice his head off or otherwise mutilate him in a way that might be problematic in resurrecting him?

How long before a body rots in the snow? 

I'll assume he can't be turned into a wight without a WW, and they can't come south unless the Wall comes down. But what would stop the Boltons from burning all the bodies or feeding the to the hounds? I doubt they'd leave all the corpses to eventually rot in the open and take a chance on polluting their own water table.

there are lots of reasons why Davos isn't riding south to resurrect Stannis.

he is still ridiculously calm about it.

the only person he is truly loyal to is dead.

I dont know how the 650 mile distance between CB and WF is relevant in the show anymore since its conviently handwaved to have Davos get back in one episode and Melisandre gets back in the same episode she leaves. 

You also, underestimate Davos' detrimental loyalty to Stannis a few feet of snow and long distance isnt going to stop him. The show as usual bends and warps the characters to to the plot in this case boring boy's undeserved rezz. just so he can again eat up the majority of the show's budget for a flashy battle.

Just to point out that with Brienne guiding Sansa to the CB. chances are that Brienne might recognize Davos as Stannis' follower. Maybe Brienne will tell Davos that she kill him?

I know this has nothing do with Shireen or anything like that, but maybe this will happen as to remind Davos of what happened to Stannis.  Then Davos would ask Mel for clarification.

• 1 month later...

It's the bloody stag. 

I'm rewatching 5x09 right now. Before Davos left, he gave Shireen a toy stag. Shireen carried it all the way to the pyre when the guards walked her there. She has it clutched in her hand. She doesn't drop it when she is seized and tied to the post either. 

The scene in the trailer where Davos is standing over the remains of the pyre. He will find the stag or whatever remained of it and he will know it was Shireen. 

/or at least that's what I think. 

Archived