[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

HexMachina

Jon's return. I don't mind how grounded his revival was. No Ghost sacrifice is definitely a plus

Bran's flashback. Finally Lyanna!

Wun Wun smashing the idiot who shot him

Edd calling Thorne and the other traitors out, with Tormund's "Until you"

Cersei and Tommen talk

Davos giving Mel the pep talk

Yara

Theon and Sansa touching moment

The Mountain's teaser

On 02/05/2016 at 0:06 PM, Aniel said:

Dejected Melisandre. Davos asking her for help (even though it seems a bit OOC - he HAS seen her do those things after all) and being the one to get her to try. I think it fits his persona of plain kindness to not kick his enemy when they're down.

I hadn't thought of that but of course you're right - he isn't the type to have a go when she's clearly devastated. 

Pretty excited with a couple of things.

First of, Bran's flashback was full of mystery around the Starks' past. Had quiet a 'calm before the storm' feeling. The fact that Hodor can speak underlines that, and also it reveals something secret- maybe preparing the ground for Ned's Secret? 

Secondly, Jamie and High Sparrow sequence was strong stuff, with very good performances from both actors. I quite liked the show's version for KL during AFFC last season, and I think they carry on developing the story in a nice way, quite straightforward and intriguing.

BUT most of all for this episode, it was the bridge scene.

As a fan of the books AND the show, I am always happy to see facts from the books, which have never been revealed but still are very likely to have happened, to actually happen in the show! (Another example is the Loras-Renly plot from season 1) I mean most people who read the books have a good reason to suspect Euron for Balon's death- the chance that he just fell off the bridge is not good enough + Euron is hateful, ruthless and wants to rule. So, I was really excited to watch the combat on the bridge, the scenery was ace as well, Balon being stubborn, Euron being this crazy bad-ass character, no retreat, to the death! 

Seeing the Lil' Starks was awesome. That's one reason why I can't bring myself to hate this show: I want to see what I've been reading about and the show delivers. It's not always great, it can be really bad, but when it's good... it's good.

Lyanna was cool and so was Young Nan. I caught Young Rodrik on my second watch. We know where this Lyanna thread is going and so far it's been really good. If it holds up this level of quality I won't mind if it's reveals that thing before the books do.

On May 2, 2016 at 4:06 AM, Aniel said:

Lyanna riding in and annoying Ned and Benjen. Seeing Old Nan less old and Hodor young. And while I do like that Hodor's name is Walder in the books (you know, because of the Frey connection there), I don't mind the change to Wylis.

Wun Wun! Olly being an idiot was great. Poor Alliser though.

The High Sparrow looking slightly crazy talking with Jaime towards the end of their conversation.

Ramsay... snapping... for the lack of a better word. Even he looked shocked at what he did. It shocked me, despite noticing the dagger he keeps on his back as he went to hug Roose. Fat Walda and just how she acts around Ramsay. I'm going to miss Roose though :( The new Lord Karstark... interests me...

"Punch me in the face".

Tommen wanting to be strong like Cersei worries me. But at the same time it delights me. He will never be a Joffrey, but he can't be passive like book-Tommen purely because he's so much older here. And I also like the fact that he isn't completely blind to Cersei's doings, even though he's wrong about her murdering Trystane.

Dejected Melisandre. Davos asking her for help (even though it seems a bit OOC - he HAS seen her do those things after all) and being the one to get her to try. I think it fits his persona of plain kindness to not kick his enemy when they're down.

I was expecting the resurrection to be a far more bombastic event (I have a penchant for those) so it makes me quite happy when something is done more low-key but still kind of epic, and feels right. The best part was probably everyone leaving, mainly because of the anticipation of seeing how people react to Jon next time they see him (but also partly because I can now be silly and imagine Jon stumbling out the room asking where his clothes are, or someone coming in to pick him up for the burning and he's just sitting there, greeting them with a "Yo." until the next episode comes out.)

ETA: What Sevas said about the dragons intelligence bringing a new layer to them. I tried to write something about it but I couldn't get it to sound right.

Yes yes yes!

As for the dragons being intelligent - of course they are... just because they can't speak Common, doesn't mean they don't understand it, and everything else everyone says, probably because they're a little psychic perhaps? 

In any event, it sets up so those who need to communicate with them, can. And then there's Bran, who's going to warg one. OMG I can't WAIT!!

On May 2, 2016 at 6:10 AM, sj4iy said:

Best episode since Hardhome.  So many things I liked about it, but I'll name my top three.

1. Jon's sudden gasp for breath.

2. The Winterfell flashback.

3. Tyrion setting the dragons free.

Totally agree 100000000%

I also loved the Lyanna setup -

• We know she's better at riding than her brothers. 
  • We know she's good at combat, since she gives Wyllis tips on fighting her brothers.
  • This will help make sense when R meets L at the Tourney of Harrenhall, and her secret disguise.

My favorite thing was Bran's flashback. I loved seeing Lyanna and getting that little bit of information on Hodor. Interesting it was just the three kids. I thought that Rodrick was Brandon at first. I really liked the Jaime and High Sparrow scene too. I'm glad the resurrection was quick. It was so obvious it was going to happen so I'm glad they didn't dwell on it. Wun-wun's smashing made me laugh. I actually also really liked that Theon said "home" but didn't specify the Iron Islands. I am wondering if they will have him go back to Winterfell and be the "ghost". With the mention of the Manderly's I'm really hoping for some of the GNC stuff. I don't think it's likely though. 

10 hours ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Totally agree 100000000%

I also loved the Lyanna setup -

• We know she's better at riding than her brothers. 
  • We know she's good at combat, since she gives Wyllis tips on fighting her brothers.
  • This will help make sense when R meets L at the Tourney of Harrenhall, and her secret disguise.

Not to mention, how Arya resemble her.

Archived