Jon's relation with Melisandre after resurrecting?

Ser Yorick Ampersand

What will be Jon's relation with Melisandre after his resurrection?

Will she follow him everywhere like she did with Stannis?

Will he still not trust her and give her a cold shoulder?

Will he thank her for resurrecting him?

A new religion will beguin Jon'hllor?

Will Jon act as the Messiah? Very wise and assertive?

Jon will be confirmed as Azor Ahai?

First, we have to find out if Jon's personality has changed, and how much.

I would like to think Jon would at least have a lot of respect for her now. Before, Jon was skeptical of her. Reviving the dead is a pretty clear sign that she's got some serious mystical powers.

4 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

What will be Jon's relation with Melisandre after his resurrection?

Will she follow him everywhere like she did with Stannis?

Will he still not trust her and give her a cold shoulder?

Will he thank her for resurrecting him?

A new religion will beguin Jon'hllor?

Will Jon act as the Messiah? Very wise and assertive?

Jon will be confirmed as Azor Ahai?

I see what you did there :D

Well played sir

Well, since Melissandre literally brought him back from the dead, it would stand to reason that he will believe in her power. When she says that she saw Jon in a great battle at Winterfell, he may be more inclined to believe her now and heed her council. We know from Beric Dondarrion that being resurrected makes you lose some memories and parts of your past life, so I would assume after only 1 res he would be mostly the same person...So slightly skeptical and stubborn, but still begrudgingly aware that Melissandre can be useful to him.

I'm not sure Melissandre will immediately assume Jon is AA...But it's possible. She's seen him in her fires, so watching him return from the dead may lead her to re-evaluate everything she saw and piece it together. My guess is she'll start to suspect it, and then perhaps have a vision confirming it.

I'm not even convinced Melisandre brought him back. If we compare how Thoros resurrected Beric (in a matter of seconds) and Mel's entire ritual (the hair cutting, the fire, the long chant...) they're completely different things. I'll hold my breath for now even if Jon won't :P There's still the possibility it had something to do with either warging, Bran or WW.

Random thought, what if Mel, so struck by her *failed* attempt to resurrect Jon, winds up losing all hope and kills herself?  Or what if Jons resurrection winds up killing Mel? (death for life?)  I could see where Davos would go in to see Mel and we find her laying dead on the floor or something.

Neither of these will probably happen, but we can't rule out the possibility that Mel will never know that her magic actually worked. 

Shorn locks, high priestess, dark arts ritual, left for dead alone on the table, miraculous resurrection.

Jon Snow is Aslan, so Melisandre must be Jadis, his White Witch.

(More serious reply pending.)

EDIT:. Thoros gained the ability to resurrect Beric after he had completely lost faith in R'hllor, which is what we saw Melisandre do in 6.1. It might make her MORE zealous (people flagellate themselves when their faithlessness is disproven), and, if she recalls that Thoros resurrects Beric multiple times, clingy.

To me, it's not clear based on that resurrection whether Jon was truly dead or whether he'd warged into Ghost and couldn't "wake up" as Jon while Ghost was still napping. Whether he was dead and/or aware of after-death events or not is the first thing I'll want to know re: his relationship with everyone, including Melisandre. I really, REALLY hope they don't take a Mary Magdalene approach.

Except Ghost wasn't napping the whole time

9 hours ago, Liuko said:

Shorn locks, high priestess, dark arts ritual, left for dead alone on the table, miraculous resurrection.

Jon Snow is Aslan, so Melisandre must be Jadis, his White Witch.

(More serious reply pending.)

EDIT:. Thoros gained the ability to resurrect Beric after he had completely lost faith in R'hllor, which is what we saw Melisandre do in 6.1. It might make her MORE zealous (people flagellate themselves when their faithlessness is disproven), and, if she recalls that Thoros resurrects Beric multiple times, clingy.

To me, it's not clear based on that resurrection whether Jon was truly dead or whether he'd warged into Ghost and couldn't "wake up" as Jon while Ghost was still napping. Whether he was dead and/or aware of after-death events or not is the first thing I'll want to know re: his relationship with everyone, including Melisandre. I really, REALLY hope they don't take a Mary Magdalene approach.

I think he was really resurrected. Ghost wasn't napping the whole time, when Thorne and his men were at the door he was snarling at them. I think Jon will be trusting of Melisandre now. I wonder how long it will take her to figure out his is AA though.

33 minutes ago, DJE said:

I think he was really resurrected. Ghost wasn't napping the whole time, when Thorne and his men were at the door he was snarling at them. I think Jon will be trusting of Melisandre now. I wonder how long it will take her to figure out his is AA though.

Exactly! Let me clarify. If Jon warged into Ghost, he was awake & snarling when Thorne was being a glass bowl, and he will remember everything Ghost *saw*. When Melisandre began the ritual, I believe (haven't rechecked the footage) Ghost was sleeping. In all of the wolf dreams, the wolves are awake - we don't know what happens if you're warged into a sleeping animal. I imagine you're either asleep or in "sleep mode". Ghost slept through the entire ritual. Everyone gave up and left. Then Ghost woke up. I imagine it's kind of like casting a spell and then activating it under the right conditions. Melisandre cast the spell successfully; when Ghost (and therefore Jon) "woke up", it activated, dumping him back into his own body.

Or he was dead the whole time :). We'll see.

21 hours ago, Visherah said:

I'm not even convinced Melisandre brought him back. If we compare how Thoros resurrected Beric (in a matter of seconds) and Mel's entire ritual (the hair cutting, the fire, the long chant...) they're completely different things. I'll hold my breath for now even if Jon won't :P There's still the possibility it had something to do with either warging, Bran or WW.

Even if that were somehow the case, Jon et al would assume Mel did it, so the question about the evolution of their relationship stands.

5 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Yes, Thoros resurrected Beric Dondarrion after he lost the fight with The Hound.

And Mel referenced meeting him when speaking to Davos in this episode.

So a little different question on this topic. Both Donderrian and Mel lost all faith in Rhllor (spelling on all names likely wrong), and only after losing faith did they both resurrect someone. So is it another god that is doing this? Does the Red god want you to give up before showing you the true power? Seems odd to me.

I would LOVE IT if somehow the show left it in doubt, and both Melisandre and Bran (or the Night King) claimed that they think they have helped the resurrection, and the viewers were left in doubt of something, for once, to decide by themselves what they think, what they believe.

On 02/05/2016 at 7:28 PM, Visherah said:

The showrunners confirmed Mel brought him back. Also said that reaction from Ghost was him sensing Jon coming back to life before he actually did. It was his 6th sense and deep bond with Jon. 

Bran/Bloodraven and/or warging (into Ghost and back to his body) would be deus ex machina, both in the show and the books. Only resurrection by Lord of Light has been set up. I don't consider wights/The Mountain/Coldhands resurrected. They're reanimated.

Archived