Jon's relation with Melisandre after resurrecting?

Ser Yorick Ampersand

If you remember way back in season one, when Ned killed Lady, Bran immediately woke up afterward. I couldn't help but notice that Ghost was looking more and more subdued as the ritual went on, though he perked his head up at the end. Only death can pay for life.

Not sure what to think. We have so little evidence concerning Melisandre's role this season and going into the future.

It can be summarized as follows:

1. There is a picture of her from the fifth episode.
  2. All her scenes from the trailer have already occurred.
  3. She has visions of herself walking the battlements of Winterfell, which is not likely to happen before the tenth episode at the earliest.
  4. She explicitly told Arya that they would meet again, something else not likely not to occur any time soon.
  5. Arya added Melisandre to her list but has lately dropped her from the list when she recites it.
  6. There are rumors of a scene between Melisandre and Davos arguing in an early episode (which could very well have been the scene from this latest episode when Davos convinces her to revive Jon).

So make of that information what you will. Part of me thinks that almost all of her scenes will be with Jon this season, which explains why she does not show up much in the trailer.

Seeing as D&D generally don't care much about making sense this season, I would say fate of Mel and her relations with Jon are anyone's guess.

What I personally think would make most sense is Mel sticking around Jon for a while, to get killed/banished as a punishment for killing Shireen, once they make it to the location of last Stannis' camp. Might be sooner, if the news of it reach Castle Black before they leave. Either way, we know that Davos will find out about it (from the trailers). And when he does, it would be out of character for both Jon and Davos to keep her by their side and not punish her in any way. She might also escape sooner, to avoid confrontation with them.

Also, I doubt she'll think Jon is AA, as that means she then would have to assume Beric Dondarrion was AA as well.

But, as I said, we are talking about the same guys who came up with Dorne plot (killing Martells to avenge Martells, yo!), so logic is not the primary criterion for plot development.

On 03/05/2016 at 1:17 PM, The Arthur Smith said:

Jon will be Mel's new fuck toy.

Yes, I think Jon will enjoy some demon ridden grangina.

They will team up and become servants of her father Bloodraven, bringing down the wall and leading the walkers south.

On 3. 5. 2016 at 7:27 PM, Darksky said:

The showrunners confirmed Mel brought him back. Also said that reaction from Ghost was him sensing Jon coming back to life before he actually did. It was his 6th sense and deep bond with Jon. 

Got a link for this?

Archived