Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nathaniel Stark

Theon is going "home"... Winterfell?

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

 

We also saw the sand snakes without Jaime but he went to Dorne to introduce the sand snakes to us

And that was terrible and they wasted Jaime for a season.  Will the same thing happen to Theon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theon is going back to Pyke to die.

He was accepting of Jon killing him at The Wall because of Sansa's safety  That Sansa is safe he resign to death and will want to die at his home no matter how forsaken he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I think Theon meant home = Pyke. But if D&D are smart they will have Theon be "the gift" from the Umbers in the next episode.

Yes please ...I do not want to see Ramsey anywhere near Richon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect he means Pyke, even though it doesn't make sense cause Winterfell is his home. I suspect that they are going to give Theon Victarion's role from the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in terms of basic story mechanics, it makes sense for Theon to return to Pyke. It's where all the crap really started for him and that's where he'll go back. The redemption arc, except in this version he doesn't want redemption. No idea what can come out of it, but i'll go wherever Alfie Allen's performance takes me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lothar said:

It doesn't make sense either way.  He shouldn't think of the Iron Islands as home, as you said.  He was treated like garbage when he went there.  He should see returning to the Iron Islands and trying to win their respect as the worst mistake by far in his life.  In addition, he has no way of getting there. 

He shouldn't go back to Winterfell because he's more terrified of Ramsay than death.

It's all very stupid. 

It's also bizarre that he would leave Sansa until he's 100% certain she's safe with Jon. They might run into difficulties on the to Castle Black and he may be able to help.

Or a diversion. Theon is not an idiot. By returning to Ramsey with news, it my buy her enough time to get to CB. Theon probably knows it will cost him his life, but it is a sacrifice he seems willing to make to guarantee her safety. He knows she is safe with Brienne and Pod, so his best bet is to give her more time. It makes plenty of sense actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghostdancer said:

Yes please ...I do not want to see Ramsey anywhere near Richon

There seems to be a whole slew of people who believe shaggydog and Rickon will be executed....I really don't buy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lothar said:

It doesn't make sense either way.  He shouldn't think of the Iron Islands as home, as you said.  He was treated like garbage when he went there.  He should see returning to the Iron Islands and trying to win their respect as the worst mistake by far in his life.  In addition, he has no way of getting there. 

He shouldn't go back to Winterfell because he's more terrified of Ramsay than death.

It's all very stupid. 

It's also bizarre that he would leave Sansa until he's 100% certain she's safe with Jon. They might run into difficulties on the to Castle Black and he may be able to help.

I agree, he just commented on the fact they were lighting fires and that doing that is silly and then he says so I'll be off now, do people really not see the conflict there, if pod and Brienne are lighting fires then Sansa still needs him! D$D need him elsewhere I suppose so off he goes, but not to Winterfell, Theon is off to the Kingsmoot to face Ramsay 2.0 in Euron 2 eyes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Or a diversion. Theon is not an idiot. By returning to Ramsey with news, it my buy her enough time to get to CB. Theon probably knows it will cost him his life, but it is a sacrifice he seems willing to make to guarantee her safety. He knows she is safe with Brienne and Pod, so his best bet is to give her more time. It makes plenty of sense actually. 

It wouldn't cost him his life because Theon knows Ramsay wouldn't kill him.  There's nothing about Theon returning to Ramsay that could ever make sense.  That would be comical.  Everyone watching who remembers Season 3 would just laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Or a diversion. Theon is not an idiot. By returning to Ramsey with news, it my buy her enough time to get to CB. Theon probably knows it will cost him his life, but it is a sacrifice he seems willing to make to guarantee her safety. He knows she is safe with Brienne and Pod, so his best bet is to give her more time. It makes plenty of sense actually. 

It wouldn't cost him his life because Theon knows Ramsay wouldn't kill him.  There's nothing about Theon returning to Ramsay that could ever make sense.  That would be comical.  Everyone watching who remembers Season 3 would just laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe he's going to Pyke on a horse. I think his storyline will heavily involve the Iron Islands in future books, so they might as well advance it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Steelborn said:

I believe he's going to Pyke on a horse. I think his storyline will heavily involve the Iron Islands in future books, so they might as well advance it.

I don't think that makes sense with his arc in the books 

And there's nothing he can do in Pyke that Aeron can't do by himself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JonisHenryTudor said:

Or a diversion. Theon is not an idiot. By returning to Ramsey with news, it my buy her enough time to get to CB. Theon probably knows it will cost him his life, but it is a sacrifice he seems willing to make to guarantee her safety. He knows she is safe with Brienne and Pod, so his best bet is to give her more time. It makes plenty of sense actually. 

You're overestimating D & D's ability as writers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I don't think that makes sense with his arc in the books 

And there's nothing he can do in Pyke that Aeron can't do by himself 

In the books after Asha loses the Kingsmoot she thinking of ways to defeat Euron and she thinks that maybe if Theon appeared, he could challenge Euron.  And then at the end of ADwD, Asha and Theon are reunited.

I think there's a very good chance Asha and Theon will return to the Iron Islands in the books as well (if George ever releases another book that is).

 

Also how can anyone say the Iron Islands are not Theon's home?  That's where he was born, that's where he grew up.  It makes perfect sense for him to go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theon's probably going to Pyke. It doesn't make sense for him to still regard the Iron Islands as home, but it's just yet more unbelievably bad writing by D&D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though people thought Theon returning to Pyke doesn't make sense due to not being his "home", i thought it actually make sense when i think about it. Where would Theon want to go? Obviously not Winterfell because Theon would not waste all that effort of escaping from Ramsay, and to return back to him. He doesn't want to worry Sansa anymore with this torture. Beside, the home, "Winterfell" Theon knew is no longer there and it died when the Boltons sacked it. It similar to what Sansa said to Littlefinger when she arrived at the North, "This isn't my home. The Boltons took it."

Not CB. Theon would definitely want to take Sansa safe to the CB. But not himself. Like what he said, he doesn't want to be forgiven. He still feel unworthy of taking the NW for what he did. 

So Theon decided to go to Pyke. But why? Like many people said, they mocked and rejected Theon as a Greyjoy. Plus, the Iron Islands is the most strict and cruel society in Westeros as they value masculinity. They don't accept those who are weak, very judgmental, and Theon already lost his strengths from Ramsay.  But given the cruelty that Theon endured, maybe he felt he deserve it. He felt that he doesn't deserve to be part of the Stark, and it's best to live his life in desolate and as an Ironborn, as many greenlanders deem them to be. Given with so much things happening, Theon felt it's best to live far away from the schemes and politics happening in Westeros and live quietly at the Iron Islands. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

I think Theon meant home = Pyke. But if D&D are smart they will have Theon be "the gift" from the Umbers in the next episode.

i would really like that. That maybe he gets passage from the Umbers or someone to get to Pyke, he drops the "oh btw Rickon and Bran are still alive" bomb on them and they go "oooooh hooo!" 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

In the books after Asha loses the Kingsmoot she thinking of ways to defeat Euron and she thinks that maybe if Theon appeared, he could challenge Euron.  And then at the end of ADwD, Asha and Theon are reunited.

I think there's a very good chance Asha and Theon will return to the Iron Islands in the books as well (if George ever releases another book that is).

 

Also how can anyone say the Iron Islands are not Theon's home?  That's where he was born, that's where he grew up.  It makes perfect sense for him to go back.

"Theon’s arc is all about Winterfell. It’s the central object of his storyline. He is obsessed with it, defines himself by it, gives himself up to have it, finds himself again within it. He could not give less of a shit about Pyke or anyone on it, and give or take a Sawane Botley, the feeling’s mutual. Winterfell is Theon’s home. The Starks are his family. I cannot fathom that GRRM honestly means to send him up against Euron in his state. (Leave that to the Tyrells, and Asha and Rodrik, and of course Sam.) Theon’s not really an Ironborn deep down, and he’s known it all along. Winterfell is his place. It’s where his story will end."

"I can't think of a better ending for Theon. He starts his arc in fear of being beheaded in Winterfell. He is in constant turmoil over whether or not he is a Stark or a Greyjoy. Theon ends his arc knowing who he is. He is simply Theon. And his fear of being beheaded is gone. If he can gain the forgiveness of Rickon and Bran, and die in peace, then I think that is best possible ending for Theon Greyjoy, my favorite character in ASOIAF. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would bet that Theon is going to Winterfell to try and assassinate Ramsey or possibly commit suicide by Ramsey.  He wants to atone for all the bad things he has done to the Starks then just die.  Theon is the Gift from the Umbers I doubt we will see Rickon this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×