Theon is going "home"... Winterfell?

Nathaniel Stark

On 4 May 2016 at 6:30 AM, JonSnow4President said:

The Bolton's hold Winterfell?  Why in the seven hells, the drowned god's hell, whatever negative afterlife is available to the Old Gods, and the Great Other's darkness would Theon even think about going back to Winterfell?

Because it may make sense creatively, if you want it to happen?

16 hours ago, Pipewrenched said:

This...

In the books Yara is learning about calling a 2nd Kings Moot, because Theon was absent.

IMO, that's likely why the show is just now doing Balon's death.. They didn't want to do two Kings Moot, where as this way they will still come to the same place just different path (again..lol).

Maybe...

I mean Euron's gonna win so if they do it this way and you think the show is aping the books here the either there isn't going to be a second kingsmoot or Asha successfully contests the kingsmoot with Theon only for Euron to win again making the whole thing redundant 

Maybe they want Theon to fill the role of Victarion (yeah, that would be super dumb).

I find this concept pretty stupid whatever he meant. It's clear Theon doesn't have a home anymore. And if home is when the heart is, he should have sticked with the Starks, ie. Sansa.

On 5/4/2016 at 4:30 PM, JonSnow4President said:

The Bolton's hold Winterfell?  Why in the seven hells, the drowned god's hell, whatever negative afterlife is available to the Old Gods, and the Great Other's darkness would Theon even think about going back to Winterfell?

Perhaps he realizes that he has nothing to live for. Perhaps he thinks he can completely atone for his sins by taking out Ramsay. He doesn't believe he can go to the Wall and it doesn't seem like he can make it back to Pyke. It's not impossible for him to get back to the iron islands... the show can hand wave that and make it happen... but I feel like him saying he's going home is meant to be misleading and that he's really going back to Winterfell.

On May 2, 2016 at 6:56 PM, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Why don't you just go to hell?  We don't need this crap here.

Well then, that escalated quickly.  If I'm going to hell it's probably due to other deeds far worse than hoping a fictitious character in a fantasy series succumbs to the cold. Seriously though, can you expound on your statement quoted above? 

Archived