Best lines of 602

Wolves Die Young

7 hours ago, Lord_Petyr said:

"I don't mock the Drowned God, I am the Drowned God! From Oldtown to Qarth, when men see my sails they pray."

-Euron the badass

The original was so much better... I was disappointed. Why the hell did they change Asshai to Qarth? Show watchers know what Asshai is...

"Don't eat the help"; this got a great laugh from the people I was watching with.

I also quite enjoyed "I am Lord Bolton", Ian Rowhen's delivery had real gravity.

26 minutes ago, mikavelli said:

"I saw you as a boy your name was Wyllis and you could talk!"

"Hodor"

Somebody give that man an Emmy!

I actually think we saw a real step up in his acting chops in this episode, a couple of those "Hodor's" were given some real depth.

43 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

The original was so much better... I was disappointed. Why the hell did they change Asshai to Qarth? Show watchers know what Asshai is...

Does it really matter? At least they used the lines from the book.

But yeah, most of Euron's lines are great. Even if they were put in different context.

Theon's "I would have taken you all the way to the Wall. I would have died to get you there" and "“I don’t want to be forgiven" quotes breaks my heart.

2 minutes ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

I love Euron quotes from the books, but i think here they lost impact. The "When they see my sails they pray" works much better if directing to Aeron instead of Balon, since Aeron is the one who is religious

Imo, i think they worked out Euron's quotes fine. It's just put it out differently, but also in the same way. In the book, Euron said this to Aeron due to being devoted to the Drowned God. Aeron, being a drowned man extremist, pointed out Euron's blasphemies and his "worship" of gods outside the Drowned God. Here, Balon is a conservative guy who highly values the Ironborn old way, called out Euron for mocking their customs and traditions. 

Many good lines in this ep.

Bloodraven: "It is beautiful under the sea, but if you stay for too long you'll drown."

Bran: "I am home."

Davos: "I've never been much of a fighter. Apologies for what you're about to see."

The High Sparrow: "Yet together we can overthrow an empire."

Benjen to Ned: "Keep your shield up or I'll ring your head like a bell." Loved the nod to Jon and Olly!

Theon's words to Sansa were heartbreaking and Alfie delivered them so well. I also liked Euron's lines a lot. Somewhat surprisingly, I didn't really find Tyrion's quotes amusing this time. Too much repetition and forcedness in his humour lately.

Oh, and it was also nice to hear some hodoring after a long break...

Archived