What did CoF say to Meera outside the cave?

"Will Bran stay in the cave or leave?" is one of the most hotly argued topics on the board, and I've never understood why. I've always figured that it is an absolute no-brainer that he will leave. He doesn't need to be connected to the tree to use his greensight - the only reason BR is connected is to prolong his life. BR may be able to gather a lot of info, but he hasn't been able to act on it. He had quite a bit of trouble just getting Bran to come north. Not to mention he can't project much personality through the net. TreeBran would be incredibly boring; all the work spent developing his character would be wasted.

In the show, Bran is coming south. In the first trailer, the Bolton soldier who gets his throat cut from behind is dispatched by Meera, and Meera is sticking with Bran.

Very disappointed we didn't see Summer, but that's par for the course, I guess. 

I never saw "Brandon" staying in the cave.  Remember, Bloodraven told him that he would never walk again, but he would fly.  Which is why I still believe he will be one of the Dragonriders,.  His plot is too in depth, the relationship he has with Meera has evolved and it will probably lead to intimacy with her.  Like any apprentice/master relationship, such as Luke Skywalker and Yoda, he will probably set out on his own once he learns all he can from Bloodraven.

To be fair, George RR Martin has been quoted saying Winds of Winter will take us further north of the wall than we've seen in the story so far.  I figured he was talking about Bran, but this confirms it I think.  I wouldn't rule out Bran finding another weirwood tree and becoming part of that one.  After all BR is already occupying that one.

6 hours ago, The Black Adder of Dorne said:

She said "Who will you spar with when Ned's off to The Eyrie?"

Ah, thanks. That was a difficult one - even now that I know what she said I can barely make out the words. But it's nice we get an Eyrie mention, too.

23 hours ago, Minuteman said:

Biggest book spoiler of the season thus far and it is a huge one. I was one of those book readers who foresaw Bran spending the rest of his life joined to a tree. Leaf telling Meera Bran will need her when he leaves dispels that unconditionally. And I don't think that is a twist that the show can take that the books will go different. Bran staying/leaving the cave is a major plot point. What his destiny is now I have absolutely no idea.

I've always known Bran would leave the cave, because he has a greater destiny, although the Children shouldn't have said it too soon

I suppose it will happen the same way in the book. I can only see people (a lot of readers actually) thinking Bran would never leave the cave because they think Bran is not as important as he actually is. That's a reason why Bran's fans didn't think that, in general.

2 minutes ago, Giantsbanesmember said:

Good call on the scenery.  Do you think that might be Blood Raven's cave and somehow the others entered it?

Yup, I think it means that the White Walkers will break into the cave and that is what forces Bran and company to flee. 

9 hours ago, YoungGriff89 said:

To be fair, George RR Martin has been quoted saying Winds of Winter will take us further north of the wall than we've seen in the story so far.  I figured he was talking about Bran, but this confirms it I think.  I wouldn't rule out Bran finding another weirwood tree and becoming part of that one.  After all BR is already occupying that one.

he will, it's actually in the trailer, the weirwood tree

More info: 

On 5/2/2016 at 3:49 PM, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Seriously?  The first character we meet, possibly the most important character in the story, would stay in a cave forever?  Sorry, but I can't believe people actually thought that.

I never understood why people thought that either. Leaf telling Meera he will leave the cave did not surprise me at all. However, as to where Bran must go, that is the real question. His storyline is really exciting to me.

1 minute ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

I never understood why people thought that either. Leaf telling Meera he will leave the cave did not surprise me at all. However, as to where Bran must go, that is the real question. His storyline is really exciting to me.

I'll confess I entertained the thought he was never leaving the cave. When you can literally transcend flesh and time with a mere thought, traveling on Hodor's back seems a very clumsy way to influence events. Especially with all the apparent foreshadowing that we get of Bran loosing himself in his greensight.

22 hours ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

In the show, Bran is coming south. In the first trailer, the Bolton soldier who gets his throat cut from behind is dispatched by Meera, and Meera is sticking with Bran.

No, that was definetly Brienne. 

I've never wanted Bran to stay in the cave, but for some reason never really thought about him staying or leaving. I'm glad he won't be there forever though. It was a nice way to get an insight to past events, but it seems like a waste. How much can he really do with the information he gets?

Not the big question, does he go North or South? As much as I'd love him to go home and have a Stark reunion (yeah right), I think he'll be going North and we'll be seeing the Land of Always Winter through Bran. 

I never felt like Bran was going to stay in the cave in the books or the show...and I never understood why people thought he was going to.  Jojen clearly states in ADWD that he saw his death in a green dream when he returns to Greywater Watch.  Somehow, I don't see him returning to GW without Bran and Co, which means, they'll all end up, somehow and someway, with Howland Reed, possibly by the tunnels that Leif points out.  There are plenty of hints in ADWD that point to them leaving eventually.

58 minutes ago, Artos Cold said:

No, that was definetly Brienne. 

This shot. Note - no armor, just layers at the shoulder. And hair at right shoulder.

Here's Brienne. Note the armor. 

Here's Meera without the fur cloak (from ep 306)

Sleeveless vest over long-sleeved thigh-length tunic? Check.

Key point - There's no reason for a Bolton soldier to be north of the Wall.

Archived