Tommen death bets?

Anarcho

I know all these facts have been known since the end of Season 5, but it took me until seeing the new episode to register them properly. Tommen is now literally the last member of House Baratheon (forget for the moment he's not really Robert's son). There is no heir, however hypothetically. In the books Myrcella is obviously still alive, and even though they've been attainted, there's no getting round the fact that everyone knows it really should be Stannis and then Shireen after Myrcella, simply because there's no-one else. However, in the show, all three of those are now dead. Are we getting set up for Tommen to be killed and total chaos to commence (ironically, from the War of Five Kings to zero kings) in KL? Or is it just too complicated and so the show will keep Tommen alive for that reason?

Also, I guess theoretically Margaery might currently be pregnant with Tommen's child, but that's very hard to square with the book plotline.

There's also Gendry Baratheon, though a bastard, Mel believed he had king's blood and was worthy of sacrificing - wasn't it his blood that actually put in motion the death of the other king's? I feel like he should have a part to play in all this.

Cersei seemed to be letting Tommen go in episode 2. She was really detached, having given up hope against defying the prophecy. In that scene i almost felt she would stab him when he asked her to teach him how to be strong.

Either way, Margaery's pretty screwed , whether she gets out of the Red Keep or not; unless of course she finds herself a Targaryen....

I dunno, this episode seemed to be the moment that Tommen's resolved to do terrible things on behalf of those he cares about. Given in the season previews we see Jaime and Mace Tyrell leading a host of soldiers outside the Sept, I'm sure things are going to hit the fan between the Crown and the Faith. He may have been a good kid, but he might have just taken the first step on a very slippery slope.

50 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

I dont see Tommen surving this season, i would suggest he is an episode 6 or 7 death.

I agree Tommen and Margery are both toast this season.  Danerys will take over the Stormlands when she arrives

Tommen dying this season creates a problem, a vacuum between when he dies and when Dany arrives. It does not look at all likely Dany will arrive this season. So unless Kings Landing hears word of her impending arrival and can't call a council there needs to be an interim ruler for Dany to kill without Aegon.

59 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Tommen dying this season creates a problem, a vacuum between when he dies and when Dany arrives. It does not look at all likely Dany will arrive this season. So unless Kings Landing hears word of her impending arrival and can't call a council there needs to be an interim ruler for Dany to kill without Aegon.

Some think Aegon will be an interim ruler for Dany to kill in the books. But yeah, in his absence, who would it be? Cersie and Jaime would have destroyed the High Sparrow and Faith Militant by then, so it would probably be Cersei seizing power through force (Frankenmountain). I would hope that Jaime would somehow be to blame for Tommen's death so he and his sisterlover split for good.

Or maybe Margery brings Tommin back over to the Terrels and Cerci somehow is the cause of his death.  That would set the stage for Jamie to fulfill the prophecy.  That would be almost Shakespearian.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I think he dies in ep. 9 or 10.  This may then set the stage for Lena to start burning cities to the ground next year.

Same, I think he's going to die by the end of the season. No clue about the aftermath, though.

In the show Margaery and Tommen had obviously sex so Margaery may be pregnant although it's hard to say how would her potential pregnancy endure the mistreatment in cell. I once read a biography of Francis I of France who was the heir to the throne but the king before him had a new young wife who would for months fake pregnancy after the king died and so Francis had to wait until it was proved that she wasn't pregnant before he was crowned. Maybe Margaery would try the same thing? Clearly it's not very possible to fake it while in the cell but once / if she gets out, she may do it. Especially if Tommen dies and they have sex at least once before it. With a little bit of luck she could successfully fake it until the "childbirth" when she could buy or steal or something another newborn baby and present it as Tommen's heir. That would let her keep the power.

I read an article this morning on this very thing, apparently if you go back on the Baratheon line it ends up with Jaime as heir, suppose Cersei as he is KG and Tyrion is in exile.. In book of course that's pretty irrelevant as we have quite a few alive.

Archived