What does the title mean?(Possible Spoilers)

IsleOfFaces

46 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

greatjon is a hostage to the bolton allies in the south is he not? 

now i think that will change soon...

also totally going to be a few people this could be about like jon, alister, jamie, and etc...

Jaime is i think the most obvious. 

also Ned never having broken his oath to Catelyn will be there. 

The Greatjon wasn't at the Red Wedding and was in the Riverlands at the time. 

The Oathbreaker: Benjen Stark when he returns to reveal that Jon Snow is his son through Lyanna Stark. "Who are you going to spar with when Ned leaves for the Eyrie?"

LOL. Just kidding. It's likely to deal with everyone in the episode and focus on a few: Tower of Joy, Kingslayer, the Night's Watch.

I would think that its called Oathbreaker because of something Jon does. With Roose Killed, I believe they will enter the Pink letter into the equation. In this world, Stannis WAS killed and his forces destroyed. Ramsey HAS heard they (Sansa and Theon) were going north to the Wall and even talks about killing Jon. I believe Ramsey sends the Letter wanting his wife back and his Reek like he does in the books. Show Jon b4 this would have stuck to his vows had he not died... But, As he is reborn he will take this letter and make Ramsey answer for it. I think he will decide at the end of the episode to forsake his vows like he did in the books and march on winterfell. 

On 5/4/2016 at 1:12 AM, Lady Snowsand said:

Ned breaking his marriage oath.

I think it's more "breaking" than actually breaking, but yeah, this. We'll get the ToJ flashback, followed by the reveal about Jon's true parents, and perhaps a scene with young Ned and young Cat with to show how he established the lie. The showrunners do enjoy their double entendres, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were another "oathbreaker" in the episode, but my guess woudl be Jon rather than Brienne or anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Amoracchius said:

I think it's more "breaking" than actually breaking, but yeah, this. We'll get the ToJ flashback, followed by the reveal about Jon's true parents, and perhaps a scene with young Ned and young Cat with to show how he established the lie. The showrunners do enjoy their double entendres, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were another "oathbreaker" in the episode, but my guess woudl be Jon rather than Brienne or anyone else.

i totally think we are going to get jaime killing the mad king. 

5 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

The actor was not brought back it does not mean he was not at the wedding or anything. He might be with the brotherhood without banners. 

Bryan Cogman confirmed on his twitter account that the Greatjon was not present at the Red Wedding and remains alive and free

6 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

Bryan Cogman confirmed on his twitter account that the Greatjon was not present at the Red Wedding and remains alive and free

i guess my brotherhood without banner idea is actually really likely then!!!

Come on Blackfish!!

14 minutes ago, Amoracchius said:

Sorry I forgot quotation marks.  I did mean "breaking" instead of breaking.

10 minutes ago, Lady Snowsand said:

Sorry I forgot quotation marks.  I did mean "breaking" instead of breaking.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the fight this week, but the baby(ies), Ned's promise, etc. in a continued flashback in a later episode. 

1 hour ago, sj4iy said:

The show always uses a 'theme' throughout the episode...I imagine that we will get several 'oathbreaking' examples.

This.

Spoiler

The Umbers finally breaking with the Starks is one obvious expectation.

We know Brianne will end up in the Riverlands. Maybe she will disagree with Sansa and go there or she might learn that beloved Jamie is heading there and therefore leave.

Daeny might break some sort of oath to stay with the other widows. In team Jorah/Daario could be some oathbreaking (e.g. Daario beeing afiliated with the Harpy).

Jon Snow might break his vows in numerous ways (leaving the watch, giving Mel a "thank-you"-fuck)

There still are the oathbreakers of Stan & Oli (ehem Alicer and Olli)

I don't think it will be about Brienne breaking a oath to Sansa. They show her telling Sansa about Arya so I would guess Sansa will send her at some point to go and look for her again. Once Sansa is safe with a northern family of course

I think Jaime killing Aerys II factors into it somehow. There was a short glimpse of something that looked very much like that scene in the season 6 trailer, I believe: the shadows of two people in what looks like the Red Keep, with one stabbing the other through the back.

I've always kind of thought Ned's promise to Lyanna was basically something along the lines of "keep Jon safe".  Which, I guess he broke seeing as Jon died.

Jon will do something that may or may not break his NW oaths depending on how you look it.

I would be pretty upset if after a season and half of aimless wandering that Brienne would do any Oathbreaking with Sansa (Unless she did not kill Stannis and broke her oath to Renly, and in that case he is who took Deepwood Motte, longshot tinfoil I know.)

Also, we need to see Sam soon I would hope.  I agree with other posters who have said it will apply to multiple characters like "Home" did with Theon/Bran ect.  

I don't know the Karstark plan, but I like the idea of Davos learning from Sansa that Rickon is alive and takes it on himself to get back on the book path but I doubt that too.  

As is always the case, I think that there will be multiple references to the episode title throughout the episode.

Jon - If he renounces his NW oath, or if someone even suggests that is possible ("they may call you/me an oathbreaker.........) then this could apply, given that the NW oath states "Night gathers and now my Watch begins. It shall not end until my death..........didn't Jon technically die???? Though not everyone will see it as Jon's release.

Smalljon - Given that Bran describes the Umbers in season 3 as loyal bannermen, surely if they hand Rickon over as a "gift" to Ramsay, then they would be considered oathbreakers?

Sam - Should he reference anything other than an intention to return to the NW asap, could that be considered oathbreaking? Should he consider he and Gilly as anything approaching a romantic relationship, many would consider him to be an oathbreaker.  Also, if - and it is a massive if - Gilly was to fall pregnant after their night together, then Sam would father a child, in opposition to the NW vow "I shall father no children". 

KL - Any reference to Aerys and Jaime leads to the latter being referred to as an oathbreaker.

Arthur Dayne - The ToJ scene appearing in the trailer............if Arthur does not protect his charge (simply by dying) does that make him an oathbreaker?

Ned - If - and again it is a massive if - they show Ned's promise(s) to a dying Lyanna, will it prove him an oathbreaker? Someone who has failed his sister? Does she ask him to ensure that her son sits on the seat his father should have, and thereby leaving Ned in a position in which he will become an oathbreaker regardless? Loyalty to Robert preventing Lyanna's son from sitting his father's seat as promised, and loyalty to Lyanna's son going against Ned's fealty to Robert.  It would go back to the Jaime scene in season 2 in which he speaks of the incompatibility of the vows he has sworn. 

Arya - Let's be honest. Arya will never be 'no one'. 

Archived