Important Detail?

plectrum

Did anyone else notice that Jamie blurted out to the HS that he helped Tyrion escape from King's Landing?  No one else besides Varys and Tyrion knew that before he said it (that I remember).  That has to be important at some future point, no?  That cat wasn't supposed to leave the bag, ever.

7 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I didn't really noticed this while watching the episode but I noticed that he said that he had killed his cousin. Who's that? The guy that he strangled in S2 or what?

I was wondering the same thing

10 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I didn't really noticed this while watching the episode but I noticed that he said that he had killed his cousin. Who's that? The guy that he strangled in S2 or what?

Yeah, I think so.  I mean, Lancel is alive for now and that guy did identify himself as Jamie's cousin.  They have a huge family, but kin killing is so poorly regarded that I'm sure we'd remember any other allegations.

It was the one he strangled to escape from Rob the first time, Jamie felt bad about that but he also considered his escape and return to Cersie more important than his cousin's life.

It's the interesting thing about Jamie - he has a conscience (quite a strong one from the seems of it) but he suppresses it. Cleverly, the seeds for this were planted way back in season 1, when his dad accused him of worrying what others think and he denied it.

6 hours ago, plectrum said:

Did anyone else notice that Jamie blurted out to the HS that he helped Tyrion escape from King's Landing?  No one else besides Varys and Tyrion knew that before he said it (that I remember).  That has to be important at some future point, no?  That cat wasn't supposed to leave the bag, ever.

Yeah also jamie will probably find out about lancel...

So there is a fight coming for cersei and jaime. 

Yeah, this could lead to the valonqar item? If she finds out Jaime helped Tyrion escape, and she really really hates Tyrion, she could go ballistic on Jaime and spill about Lancel and others

11 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, this could lead to the valonqar item? If she finds out Jaime helped Tyrion escape, and she really really hates Tyrion, she could go ballistic on Jaime and spill about Lancel and others

Cersei definetly already knows about Jaime helping Tyrion. The following episode (S5 E1) while they are standing over Tywins body Cersei tells Jaime that he basically killed there father because he let Tyrion free and complained that Jaime always trusted him.

I believe Jaime may even have already told Bronn in the ship on the way to Dorne but not positive about that one.

18 hours ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

wait until Cersei finds out...

She already knows and told him as much. She said something to the effect of "At least Tyrion killed our father on purpose, you killed him by accident."

8 hours ago, The Dames do Moan said:

Cersei definetly already knows about Jaime helping Tyrion. The following episode (S5 E1) while they are standing over Tywins body Cersei tells Jaime that he basically killed there father because he let Tyrion free and complained that Jaime always trusted him.

I believe Jaime may even have already told Bronn in the ship on the way to Dorne but not positive about that one.

How can you say she "definitely" knows? We have never heard it said by either of them so this is purely speculation. Don't forget she blames Tyrion for Joffry's death as well as her fathers, if she knew Jaime helped her sons killer escape I am sure she would have had an on screen screaming match.

On 5/3/2016 at 9:16 AM, Nerevanin said:

yes his cousin he strangeld

On 5/3/2016 at 9:16 AM, Nerevanin said:

Yes, his cousin, Cleos Frey, Genna Lannister's kid. In the books he went with Jaime and Brienne, but died along the way. In the show, Jaime strangles him. Kingslaying ain't a thing in DnD's Westeros as we've seen it happen x6 in the first 2 episodes of S6.

Archived