7 wounds for 6 stabs (???)

~DarkHorse~

I saw this topic being discussed on reddit and I think it is worth some attention here. 

Jon was stabbed 6 times. But he has 7 wounds. The large crescent shaped scar above his heart should not be there. He was not stabbed there. How did he get it? Is this a mistake or are we supposed to notice it? 

here is a picture of his wounds- https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/snow3.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all

and here is a picture of him bleeding in the snow. Note how there is no damage to the area where the crescent wound is- http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/The_plot_for_Game_of_Thrones_series_six_s_first_episode_has_been_revealed___and_Jon_Snow_is_definitely_dead.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/105246.jpg

10 hours ago, The Unborn said:

But it seems to me that when we see his body with clothes, there is no blood or wound through his clothes at that spot. So, probably old wound.

Exactly, it looks like the biggest wound but there is no damage to his clothes there. I don't know what old wound it would be. It looks fatal and fresh like the ones around his stomach area. He has never been stabbed prior to this. 

6 hours ago, robasp2 said:

NITPICK

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss it. Besides, having 7 wounds for 6 stabs is a pretty big mishap on the make-up departments part, if it is indeed unintentional. 

4 hours ago, Bobeldygab said:

Am I the only one interested? It's a neat stabwound that never happened, so...? Perhaps something to do with the ressurection? Like, he had to die to get ressurected, so Bran ghost-stabbes him in the future.

I find it really interesting as well. It is probably just a mishap, but it is interesting to speculate. I saw someone on reddit say it was the mark of the stranger, while someone else claimed his body was further damaged after the assassination. 

11 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Didn't Olly stabbed him right close to heart? Anyway, it's interesting fact but if it supposed to means something. Don't know.

That is what I thought at first. It is the most vivid scar on his chest, being above his heart and crescent shaped. They probably wanted to emphasize the 'Olly scar' as the killing blow. But his stab is under the armpit, it does not align with the crescent scar. 

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03342/olly2_3342750b.jpg

The only way to argue against this is to say that it is a continuity error. 6 stabs should not have 7 wounds. It might not matter to the story, but given that this is one of the biggest reveals on GoT, it is something that I don't think is easy to shrug aside. 

That large wound at the top is obviously where the xenomorph popped out of his chest. Thorne was aware of this and the assassination was an attempt to deal with the situation. Of course he also planned to sell the xeno to the company after the fact and pocket all the money for himself. He couldn't just tell everyone the truth or they would want a cut of the coin, so he had to concoct this story about Jon using a wildling army to overthrow the watch to con others into aiding him in his scheme. The plan backfired though when the stabbing caused the alien to bail out of the body without Thorne noticing, and now its loose in castle black.

It is probably to show his heart has been stabbed, so he can show it off later. Note that, what happened on the wall has not made the news yet. so when he comes out there will be questions about authenticity of his ressurection. Witnesses to his death were the killers (their heads will roll in next episode probably) and this loyal associates. Also Davos, Tormund and Mel, a noble who  has criminal past, a wilding and a religious zealot of some other god. Flashing the chest stab is more fancy than pulling up shirt to show the belly, when people will question.

Archived