The Mountain vs. The Viper & the Hammer of the Waters (Mythical Astronomy of Ice and Fire 4)

LmL

51 minutes ago, LmL said:

"Wax the car, paint the fence... I hate this town, ma, I hate it!"

LOL! Where's the like button?

On 5/5/2016 at 11:22 AM, LmL said:

Well, I'm really not sure how this whole "following people" is supposed to work if people are not notified when someone they follow publishes a post. I have a bunch of people"following" me but it doesn't seem like anyone got the word. So... here come the tags.

@AlaskanSandman @Arya-Jon @Blue Tiger @Daendrew @DarkSister1001 @Darkstream @Durran Durrandon @evita mgfs @Falcon2908 @Flying Cat @Garett Hornwood @Greystark Reborn @J. Stargaryen @Jak Scaletongue @JonDayne @Lady Dyanna @Lord Wraith @LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse @Meera of Tarth @MethylEthylBS @Miss007els @Red Raven @Rhoynish Blood @Ruhail @Sly Wren @The Lady Titus @The Ned's Little Girl @wiredup 

And some of my other friends and fellows...

@sweetsunray @Evolett @Seams @Isobel Harper @Voice @Rhaenys_Targaryen @SFDanny @Ygrain @Greymoon @Rippounet

Thanks for the heads up. I will give it a listen soon.

20 hours ago, LmL said:

I definitely follow your logic here. Logistically, one moon is simpler. But that's not how we solve these things, in my opinion. We have to follow the symbolism and the metaphors which refer to the celestial events - and most of those seem to show two distinct moons. I'm not certain, as I said, but there is way too much two moon symbolism to dismiss because one moon seems easier, if you see what I mean. 

P.S. I am not sure how much you'll get by dipping in and out of my essays, because I always introduce ideas in the earlier parts which I then refer to in shorthand later. But thanks for reading all the same :)

Oh I've read your previous essays; I'm just a bit too busy at the moment to sit down and properly absorb this one in one sitting! I am familiar with most of your key arguments.

Open question for everyone:

I have a foggy memory of someone remarking that the Starks sure chose an odd place to build there castle if they love winter so much, or something along those lines. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Some line about the seeming conflict of ice people building on a hot spot? @Voice?

Thanks everyone. 

2 hours ago, LmL said:

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Some line about the seeming conflict of ice people building on a hot spot? @Voice?

Yup. It's something Cat said to Ned. Cat's rooms at Winterfell were always warm because of the hotsprings piped through the walls.

37 minutes ago, Voice said:

Yup. It's something Cat said to Ned. Cat's rooms at Winterfell were always warm because of the hotsprings piped through the walls.

That's actually not the one I was thinking of, I have that one. I thought there was something else specifically remarking on how they built in he wrong place or an odd place or something like that. Maybe I'm trippin.

4 minutes ago, LmL said:

That's actually not the one I was thinking of, I have that one. I thought there was something else specifically remarking on how they built in he wrong place or an odd place or something like that. Maybe I'm trippin.

Ah. Not sure then. Theon may think upon it a bit iirc.

But you know my argument. When the Last Hero set out looking for the cotf, he found them living below the weirwood that is now Winterfell's heart tree. They've been burying their dead in the cave ever since, and now, it is a crypt. Winterfell's heart tree was unique, because it was warmed by hot springs. It was able to survive even though the land around it had become the frozen, dead lands into which the Last Hero ventured. Thus, Winterfell was where winter fell and failed. The Last Hero was Bran the Builder, and became Night's King, and now, he wants to come back home.

BTW, still waiting on your reply in the Weirwood Ghost convo.

3 minutes ago, Voice said:

Ah. Not sure then. Theon may think upon it a bit iirc.

But you know my argument. When the Last Hero set out looking for the cotf, he found them living below the weirwood that is now Winterfell's heart tree. They've been burying their dead in the cave ever since, and now, it is a crypt. Winterfell's heart tree was unique, because it was warmed by hot springs. It was able to survive even though the land around it had become the frozen, dead lands into which the Last Hero ventured. Thus, Winterfell was where winter fell and failed. The Last Hero was Bran the Builder, and became Night's King, and now, he wants to come back home.

BTW, still waiting on your reply in the Weirwood Ghost convo.

I agree on all of that excerpt for the last, which I'm only uncertain of (as opposed to having strong disagreement). I definitely think WF is where the LH found the children and potentially fixes his broken sword / got a new sword. 

I'll get you back on your thread later tonight. :)

10 minutes ago, LmL said:

I agree on all of that excerpt for the last, which I'm only uncertain of (as opposed to having strong disagreement). I definitely think WF is where the LH found the children and potentially fixes his broken sword / got a new sword. 

:cheers:

11 minutes ago, LmL said:

I'll get you back on your thread later tonight. :)

Cool. No rush. Just droppin a reminder.

If you haven't read the new Arianne chapter from TWoW, you should check it out and note the various flora of the Rainwood.

And some other stuff.

16 minutes ago, hiemal said:

If you haven't read the new Arianne chapter from TWoW, you should check it out and note the various flora of the Rainwood.

And some other stuff.

The black pool and blind white fish in her chapter immediately struck at me. Do you guys have any theories/ideas what it means?

3 minutes ago, Falcon2908 said:

The black pool and blind white fish in her chapter immediately struck at me. Do you guys have any theories/ideas what it means?

They seem almost like inverted ravens, don't they? Especially when considered with what seems to be either petrified weirwoods or cave formations carved to resemble such.

1 minute ago, hiemal said:

They seem almost like inverted ravens, don't they? Especially when considered with what seems to be either petrified weirwoods or cave formations carved to resemble such.

Agreed. And I definitely think that's a cotf hollow.

4 minutes ago, hiemal said:

??????

6 minutes ago, Falcon2908 said:

??????

They are white instead of black, eyeless instead of keen-sighted, below instead of above...

That's my first thought, anyways... that they are a starkly contrasting symbolic raven-analog to further the "alien" feeling of a chthonic grove.

4 minutes ago, hiemal said:

They are white instead of black, eyeless instead of keen-sighted, below instead of above...

That's my first thought, anyways... that they are a starkly contrasting symbolic raven-analog to further the "alien" feeling of a chthonic grove.

What if these white fish are responsible for Greenseers to see in places where no Weirwoods exist?

(example there are no weirwoods in Asshai, but the ash river over there contains blind white fish, which allowed Bran to see Asshai in vision in AGOT)

7 minutes ago, Falcon2908 said:

What if these white fish are responsible for Greenseers to see in places where no Weirwoods exist?

My initial thinking is that their eyeless nature is more a contrast with the ravens, almost a mockery, to show that this is an abandoned place. If it were active, I reckon the CotF would use some of the bats whose skeletons were found under Bloodraven's hill.

I would dearly love to see Asshai, though.

1 minute ago, hiemal said:

My initial thinking is that their eyeless nature is more a contrast with the ravens, almost a mockery, to show that this is an abandoned place. If it were active, I reckon the CotF would use some of the bats whose skeletons were found under Bloodraven's hill.

But we see these Blind fish and black water in multiple places....George is trying to tell us something.

Ah, I see you guys have gotten to that chapter. What we see there that grabs my attention are the stone faces in the stone pillars. t's like weirwood action... but it's in a cave. Those aren't petrified trees - they are pillars of a cave. It's like the cotf worked in stone or something. Crazy.

Archived