Bolton's Maester

Hodor's Aunt

12 hours ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

I am wondering if the (new) Maester of Winterfell will play some bigger role in the future. He was displayed quite prominently in the first two episodes. I wonder what his plot will be.

Last person Ramsay has left to talk to probably. Roose is gone, so are Miranda, Sansa, Theon. Karstark is hardly likely to stay around. They need a character for Ramsay to sound off.

52 minutes ago, hallam said:

Last person Ramsay has left to talk to probably. Roose is gone, so are Miranda, Sansa, Theon. Karstark is hardly likely to stay around. They need a character for Ramsay to sound off.

This makes sense to me, or perhaps just his next victim. Plus the show may want to remind the audience of the Citadel's influence given the Oldtown scenes seem to be on the horizon.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:54 AM, Lord Lannister said:

This makes sense to me, or perhaps just his next victim. Plus the show may want to remind the audience of the Citadel's influence given the Oldtown scenes seem to be on the horizon.

The vast majority of the audience will never make that connection. I was talking to some guy that loves the show and always brings it up to me to talk about at work. I mentioned Roose and his reply was "Roose? Who's that?"...them connecting Old Town and some random maester is like quantum physics compared to that.

1 hour ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

The vast majority of the audience will never make that connection. I was talking to some guy that loves the show and always brings it up to me to talk about at work. I mentioned Roose and his reply was "Roose? Who's that?"...them connecting Old Town and some random maester is like quantum physics compared to that.

While your co-worker certainly doesn't seem to be paying attention to the finer details(or some of the larger ones in Roose's case), details that are available via the show alone, I would wonder if your comment has an underlying level of condescension towards the Unsullied collectively. Even if they miss the smaller details like the Citadel, the Brotherhood Without Banners, the old gods vs the Faith and so forth, it would be hard not to know who Roose Bolton is for example.  I've an acquaintance who said he's glad the show passed the books and hopes Martin never writes another one because he's tired of "you book people" acting like we know more about it. I wouldn't judge all show watchers by that fellow for example.

Archived