Could we learn who Jaqen is

No on is more a stranger then jaquen. Could he really be Arthur Dane.  Maybe he was wounded like the hound but Ned could not kill such a honorable man. Even though dayne asked for death. Ned would not finish reeds wound on dayne life.

The whole thing with the FM changing their faces and giving up on their identity is very confusing to me. In S5 finale someone with Jaqen's face drank the poison and died. But was it the same person that Arya met in S2? Or was it someone who is like the leader of House of B and W? Or just some apprentice? Did he really die? And if it was the leader, who's wearing Jaqen's face now? Is the one, who was the waif before and the current waif is a new apprentice? It's way too confusing to me tbh.

But my guess is that there is no "important" identity of any of the Jaqens (if they are different persons).

8 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

The whole thing with the FM changing their faces and giving up on their identity is very confusing to me. In S5 finale someone with Jaqen's face drank the poison and died. But was it the same person that Arya met in S2? Or was it someone who is like the leader of House of B and W? Or just some apprentice? Did he really die? And if it was the leader, who's wearing Jaqen's face now? Is the one, who was the waif before and the current waif is a new apprentice? It's way too confusing to me tbh.

But my guess is that there is no "important" identity of any of the Jaqens (if they are different persons).

A different person with Jaqen's face. The Jacqen Arya knew has die in season 2. Te current one is now a jerk and cold toward Arya, contrast to the snarky one Arya knew.

10 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

A different person with Jaqen's face. The Jacqen Arya knew has die in season 2. Te current one is now a jerk and cold toward Arya, contrast to the snarky one Arya knew.

How did he die in your opinion? You mean that the original Jaqen died in the cage that was burning or you mean that he figuratively died when he changed his face at the end of S2 or what?

I personally wouldn't say that the S2 Jaqen and the S5 / current one have different attitudes but it may be caused just by the fact that I didn't really paid attention to the matter and if the current Jaqen's attitude is slightly different, I'd blame it on the place they are all in now because the House of B&W which requires a more serious, formal behaviour. But that's just a theory.  My opinion is that IF the Jaqens are different persons, they take not only the face but also the attitude so that they seem to be just one person. Which makes it even more confusing to me.

59 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

How did he die in your opinion? You mean that the original Jaqen died in the cage that was burning or you mean that he figuratively died when he changed his face at the end of S2 or what?

The latter.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

I personally wouldn't say that the S2 Jaqen and the S5 / current one have different attitudes but it may be caused just by the fact that I didn't really paid attention to the matter and if the current Jaqen's attitude is slightly different, I'd blame it on the place they are all in now because the House of B&W which requires a more serious, formal behaviour. But that's just a theory.  My opinion is that IF the Jaqens are different persons, they take not only the face but also the attitude so that they seem to be just one person. Which makes it even more confusing to me.

Well. The Jaqen that Arya knows at the Braavos is a lot different than the one in season 2. And I doubt it's cause he's at the House of Black and White. I think it cause he's now using a different identity except with the same face (but different personality). At the end of season 2, Jaqen said that he died as part of Arya's death wish and then it became evident when he changed his face. Similarly at the end of season 5, when Arya asked who was the person what was poison, the person in Waif and Jaqen glamour replied that he is the No One.

On 5/6/2016 at 6:15 AM, Ludo Kressh said:

I don't think we'll ever learn who or what the Faceless Men truly are.

Probably not in the show. Maybe in the history and lore.

The society originated in the volcanic slave mines of Valyria, prior to the founding of Braavos and the Doom of Valyria. The tale of its beginnings centers around a figure of unknown origins who was the first Faceless Man. This man heard the prayers of the slaves to their various gods and came to conclude that they all prayed to the same god "with a hundred different faces", the Many-Faced God, and that he was "that god's instrument". This led to him giving "the first gift" to the most desperate slave. The first Faceless Man later brought the gift to the masters as well.

There is a strong implication that the Faceless Men are what set off the Doom of Valyria by killing all the wizards that could control the volcanoes of Valyria.

Jaquen is no one, he likely doesn't even know who he was originally. He may be 50 years old because you don't know. The point of showing her Jaquen dying from the poison was to get her to understand that their lives don't matter, that they are no one and exist only to serve the many faced god.

We should never learn who he was to begin with, that defeats the whole purpose of his character even existing.

And, no Season 2 Jaquen didn't die it is the same person. She is now in training so he treats her as such. Remember how taken aback Jon was when Benjen started treating him like a recruit at the wall? Benjen didn't die between Winterfell and the Wall, Jon simply went from a nephew to a recruit.

On 5/5/2016 at 2:39 PM, NedStark2013 said:

No on is more a stranger then jaquen. Could he really be Arthur Dane.  Maybe he was wounded like the hound but Ned could not kill such a honorable man. Even though dayne asked for death. Ned would not finish reeds wound on dayne life.

He is No One.

On 5/7/2016 at 2:20 AM, The Arthur Smith said:

Only if he returned the face to the house of B+W before he died 

Archived