Who Backs Jon?

robasp2

House Umber and Krastarks command the largest armies and back an already large army of Boltons..

A few untrained wildlings (remember them losing to stannis) and possibly house Mormont stand with Jon...

Who else will back Jon? How will they even win?

(I saw bolton banners burning. I saw him walk tthrough winterfell)

We'll see if the Manderlys actually will support the Boltons, or if they will back Jon because they want the Starks back in power.  They are the wild card in this scenario, I believe, and the show mentioned them just last week, so I think they will be a factor.

Openly? I think he (Sansa) gets the support of the "smaller" houses: Mormont, Hornwood, Cerwyns, Glover and the wildlings.

Ramsay will have his "dreamteam" (remember his "we don't need every house in the north" speech): Bolton, Karstark, Umbers, Manderly. The odds will be in his favour.

It is almost 100% sure tough that Manderly will switch side.

The Umber's motivation and loyalty is unclear, perhaps the Freys still have the GreatJon.

Hmm..

But aren't the Manderlys less force than Umbers and Krastarks together?

If they betray the Boltons, they will be the only "comparable" army out of them all.

I believe Jon is still outnumbered.

The trailer shows Ramsey smirking..

I believe the biggest twist will be the entry of knights of the Vale.

That is the only way I see the massive Boltons will ever be defeated...

And I think, "Jon has changed by death" will be shown when he doesnt give a fuck when they blackmail him with Rickon...

He might show no intrest in family and totally ignore his honor.

Where are the sellsword deserters from Stannis's host?  Didn't Ser Davos hire those people with the Iron Bank's money?  Somehow, the Iron Bank had to have some hand in the sellswords abandoning Stannis and, presumably, there's still a standing army somewhere in the North that is awaiting orders from Bravos.  Or maybe the show Iron Bank isn't nearly as merciless as the book Iron Bank and the sellswords went on over to the Boltons.

37 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Hmm..

But aren't the Manderlys less force than Umbers and Krastarks together?

If they betray the Boltons, they will be the only "comparable" army out of them all.

I believe Jon is still outnumbered.

The trailer shows Ramsey smirking..

I believe the biggest twist will be the entry of knights of the Vale.

That is the only way I see the massive Boltons will ever be defeated...

And I think, "Jon has changed by death" will be shown when he doesnt give a fuck when they blackmail him with Rickon...

He might show no intrest in family and totally ignore his honor.

Well, Ramsay is smirking because he has twenty good men :P nah he is smirking becuase I am sure he set up some trap. In the red band trailer Tormund looks a bit confused, they stop as if surrounded on all sides. I guess the Manderlys switching will even out the odds and yes, the knights of the Vale could deliver the killing blow.

I disagree about Jon, that is why IMO despite winning the battle they will have to negotiate with Ramsay.

Watch this trailer 1.41:

First you see a host loyal to the Starks, you can see a Hornwood and Mormont banner, probably more. What is interesting that there are some short of barricades at the back and men figthing on it. Burning crosses behind the barricades. It seems to me that this host is sorrounded.

Then you see a bolton shieldwall rounding the wildling front.

Then you see Tormund clearly hesitant, as if the shiled wall stopped the wildlings.

1 hour ago, watcher of the night said:

Watch this trailer 1.41:

First you see a host loyal to the Starks, you can see a Hornwood and Mormont banner, probably more. What is interesting that there are some short of barricades at the back and men figthing on it. Burning crosses behind the barricades. It seems to me that this host is sorrounded.

Then you see a bolton shieldwall rounding the wildling front.

Then you see Tormund clearly hesitant, as if the shiled wall stopped the wildlings.

Brienne seems to be at Riverrun, so will be be seeing some Tully action, as well?

Archived