Acrophobia #23 - "... and the winner is..."

Julia H.

Here is Acrophobia 23 - a game of wedding vows. Come, join us and write the words of Westerosi wedding vows, a unique vow for every wedding because no two weddings are exactly the same in the ASOIAF world!

The rules:

1. There will be 7 rounds. 

2. Each round will begin with a new wedding and a new acronym.

3. Entries must only contain words that begin with the letters the acronym provided; therefore, you may not stick in a word like a, the, of, and, etc or &, @ to make your words make sense. 

4. Deadlines for each round will be detailed as each round arrives. I will always give 48 hours at the very least and probably more. I will also adhere to the principle first proposed by the famed European scholar yomi, where the entries will still be accepted after the submission deadlines, but without giving the late entrants their point for submitting.

5. Entries are to be messaged to me through a PM. Title your message Acrophobia 23 - <your Board Name here> and keep all communication to the same messaging thread. You may edit/change your entry until the deadline, but it must be done by sending a new message.

6. When all submissions are in, they will be posted on the thread. Entries are to be anonymous, so do not reveal which is your entry. Revealed entries will be disqualified.

5. Players will then have time to vote for their favourite entries. All votes are public. Submit your votes in a comment on the game thread and make it clear which entry is first, which entry is second, and which entry is third, in your opinion.

You may not vote for your own entry. You may change your vote up until the voting window closes by editing your original voting post.

6. After submissions of one round are over, voting and the submissions for a new round will run simultaneously.

7. Points will be awarded as follows:

1 point for a submission

1 point for voting

3 points for someone choosing your answer as their top choice

2 points for someone choosing your answer as their second choice

1 point for someone choosing your answer as their third choice and any additional places

4 points for having the answer with the most 1st place votes

Points will be added across all the rounds and the player with the most points will be the winner.

8. You may join at any time, both during the submission and voting. 

Spoiler

Previous Acrophobia games and their winners as recorded in the annals of history by Maester Shadow and completed by the Lady Commander of the White, Gold and Black Cloaks.

Acrophobia #1: Seven Kingdoms // a shadow, posing as Sixchins
Acrophobia #2: Eight Events // a shadow, posing as Sixchins
Acrophobia #3: Seven Devils // a shadow, posing as Turinqui-Calima
Acrophobia #4 Seven Deities // a shadow, posing as Turinqui-Calima
Acrophobia #5: Pleasantly Plump // a shadow, posing as Asshat Ahai
Acrophobia #6: By the Book // a shadow, posing as Evermind
Acrophobia #7: Fan Theories // a shadow, posing as Howlin' Howland
Acrophobia #8: Little Known Facts About the Reeds // a shadow, posing as Fragile Bird
Acrophobia #9: Raven Messages // a shadow, posing as Dolorous Gabe
Acrophobia #10: You are the Prophesier // a shadow, posing as Lady Blizzardborn
Acrophobia #11 Animal Life //a shadow, posing as Dolorous Gabe
Acrophobia #12: Players // Paul Rudolph, posing as a shadow
Acrophobia #13: Seasons // a shadow, posing as Ser Not Appearing
Acrophobia #14: Travelling Essos // a shadow, posing as Fragile Bird
Acrophobia #15: Dear Diary // a shadow, posing as Woofless
Acrophobia #16: Updated House Words // a shadow, posing as Lord Lyman
Acrophobia #17: Singular Protagonist Titles // Robin Hood, posing as a shadow
Acrophobia #18: The Grave Epitaph // a shadow, posing as Emmit

Acrophobia #18.5: Ravens from Mom // a shadow, posing as Dolorous Gabe

Acrophobia #19: Newspaper Headlines // a shadow, posing as Woofless

Acrophobia #20: Last Words // a shadow, posing as Julia H.

Acrophobia #21 Talking animals// a shadow, posing as Fragile Bird

Acrophobia #22 Words to votes // Julia H. (foreshadowed as the winner by numerous seemingly unimportant details) 

Please, sign up until May 12th.

Please, sign up.

Signed up:

Emmit

Howlin' Howland

Castellan

Night's Queen

yomi

Aegon the Poached

lil' ghost

Lady Blizzardborn

Fragile Bird

PyroclasticFlow

rocksniffer

Ser Not Appearing

Dolorous Gabe

3 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Sign me up if there's still time!! 

Of course, there is still time! :)

Players can sign up any time, but it is convenient to have a list of players before the game starts, that's why I set this "deadline".

damn i thought i had already posted herein....

now i am wondering which thread north of the wall got that post...

lesson...don't drink and ....ah well yeah never gonna happen...

any way i am in though as a 64 yr old bachelor i don't think i am qualified

:smoking:

And now the game starts...

ROUND 1

The first wedding we are going to visit occurred some time ago. The groom is the young Lord of Winterfell, the bride is a Southron lady, who expected (not so long ago) to marry another Lord of Winterfell. He believes in the nameless Old Gods of the forests, she is of the Faith of the Seven. The wedding takes place in the sept of Riverrun while the realm is at war. What would be an appropriate wedding vow at the wedding of Eddard Stark and Catelyn Tully? Would they say the same words or would they take parallel but differently worded vows? 

The acronym is:

I G F T E A I P A

Submit your entry until 10. a.m. (Central European Time) Monday 16th May.

13 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

any way i am in though as a 64 yr old bachelor i don't think i am qualified

:smoking:

Let's just say you have a unique perspective. ;)

1 hour ago, Julia H. said:

And now the game starts...

ROUND 1

I G F T E A I P A

Submit your entry until 10. a.m. (Central European Time) Monday 16th May.

As I said in Acrophilia, Mondays, after the show airs on Sunday, can be very trying.  Move the deadline to Tuesday, or even Wednesday.  IMHO.

Ummm so we can either submit a single unisex vow or two vows, or can we choose to submit just Eddard's or just Catelyn's? Not that I have an opinion yet about what I want to do.

7 minutes ago, Castellan said:

Ummm so we can either submit a single unisex vow or two vows, or can we choose to submit just Eddard's or just Catelyn's? 

good question...

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

As I said in Acrophilia, Mondays, after the show airs on Sunday, can be very trying.  Move the deadline to Tuesday, or even Wednesday.  IMHO.

I had lots of trouble too this past Sun/Mon, but the show forum is really DEAD compared to previous seasons so I'm surprised there is an issue getting on.

5 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

After there's a new episode of the show it's usually tough to post for about 24 hours.  We're probably better off never having a Monday deadline.

Thanks for the heads-up! I completely forgot about this problem. All right then, the new deadline is

Wednesday 10 p.m. Central European Time. 

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

Ummm so we can either submit a single unisex vow or two vows, or can we choose to submit just Eddard's or just Catelyn's? Not that I have an opinion yet about what I want to do.

Yes, you can submit a single unisex vow or just Eddard's or just Catelyn's or, if you want, you can have Eddard say some words then Cat respond to it (i.e. a husband's promise and a wife's promise). 

Archived