[Spoilers] Criticize Without Repercussion

teemo

I'm sorry if my memory of Season 5 isn't perfect, but forgive me if I'm not going back to check.  The underlying point is that Sam and Gilly are still on a boat, and in order to show the audience that yes, time has passed, they age her child up at least a year when they should have had plenty of time already to reach Oldtown and be established.  Hence them wanting a scene with Sam puking on a boat and being fully aware that too much time had passed for it.

Ok, this episode is now fresh in my head and even though it has several flaws, this one is topping my mind at the moment.

Bran isn't bad this season, but he has mostly just "been there" each time. Bran onscreen this season is exactly what many complain about with Areo in the books being just a camera on a swivel (or whatever). So how can it "bad" for the books, but amazing on screen? There has not been any actual training besides "you will learn everything", and "you can't stay too long or you'll drown" and it's only this last line that is close to training.

And what is the point of Leaf? And I assume that was Snowylocks next to Leaf for a second (with no snowy locks)?

Where was Meera?

Where is Hodor?

Where is the giant hanging "bat" skeleton in the back of the cave?

Where is SUMMER?

Why is Bran just on the ground and not in any sort of a decent throne, even if it just a rooty chair?

Still no talk about Jojen?

Heavens to murgatroyd I hope I never die in Weisserhoff because no one would remember me.

And we have now been told twice that Bran will leave the cave, so where is tension supposed to come from?

I love me some baby Bran and cannot wait to read more about him in the books and analyze the details, but the tv version is boring.

21 hours ago, Simon Steele said:

Where is this undying devotion to the Starks in the show? These details are critical in my opinion. 

I was asking that question in Season 5 where Sansa gets raped and yet nobody except for Theon cares.

Whereas in the books, the cries and torment of "Arya/Jeyne Poole" are a constant torment for the northern lords gathered in Winterfell. Just more fuel for the tenuous situation since even Roose admits that only a handful of his new vassels namely the Karstarks and Barrowtons. A situation where Umbars are divided due to Greatjon's captivity; the Mormonts are going balls to the wall; the Northern Clansmen are marching through snow and ice to save Ned Stark's daughter; and Lord Manderly guts three Freys and bakes them into pies as soon as his last son is safe and the murmer's farce can end. Not to mention the Glovers, Cerwyns, Tallharts and Hornwoods who've thrown in with Stannis because they see him as their last hope.

You know what happened to this devotion?

It was removed to create more room for "Shock and Pessimism" because that's sensational and that's going to get ratings. Because its "unrealistic" for vassals to remain loyal to a fallen house after defeat and it makes sense for those vassals to bend their knee to the usurpers who murdered their people and betrayed their realm. No! Hope and Loyalty are for naive losers! Everything positive and hopeful must be removed for the sake of shock, pessimism and having the bad guys have their wins handed to them because that's more realistic and makes for a better story than "heroes" saving the day.

The second paragraph sounds like a rant fueled by emotion and that's the intent. This trend that the show has had for the past two seasons needs to die, but I know it won't...so venting and pointing out how this nonsense is deviating from the source material in a negative way is the only thing I can do. I just hate it when a good story is ruined in an easily avoidable way and the people ruining the story insist that they're not doing anything wrong.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:07 PM, Cas Stark said:

It's hateful.  

Now Ned Stark is a bad guy...

I haven't mentioned this since I know nothing about sword fighting. I thought the duel sword wielding looked cool and even necessary when Dayne fought four guys at once. But when it came down to just Dayne and Ned I don't feel it looked honorable for a clearly superior fighter to keep using two swords. I won't knock it since it was a fight to the death, do what you gotta do, but I wouldn't say it's honorable and I find it on par with what Reed did. I'm not being salty here it's truly what I felt when I watched it.

I get the feeling they never know what to do with Sansa. She starts to become empowered and then she's a wimpering mess or blubbering idiot.
Last scene we had was of her being all "hell yeah let's kick ass Jon, stop being a wimp" but I won't be surprised if soon she will come back to being season 1 Sansa.
Is the character developing or not? 
They do the same with Jaime.

On May 14, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Nami said:

Spartacus is full of great sword fights, especially in Gods of the Arena
Funny because GOT has a larger budget but minus the TOJ fight (I won't even get into the outfits), pretty much all of them were weak. Bronn and Jaime in Dorne was particularly embarrassing

Concerning Spartacus:

People often complained about the quality of the episodes, Andy versus Liam and the endless sex scenes.  We seem to enjoy criticizing the creativity of others.  I do it as well.  I miss Spartacus.  I suspect the D&D haters will miss this show when it is gone.

7 hours ago, Dragon Sharpe said:

Concerning Spartacus:

People often complained about the quality of the episodes, Andy versus Liam and the endless sex scenes.  We seem to enjoy criticizing the creativity of others.  I do it as well.  I miss Spartacus.  I suspect the D&D haters will miss this show when it is gone.

Spartacus had a deep story going on behind. A consistent one. The characters were also consistent and they were until the very end.
The problem with GOT is not only the gratuitous sex scenes. At least Spartacus had the excuse of being ancient Rome.

Archived