Trouble signing up with the site.

DirewolfDave

Sorry. I would have done this trough the 'contact us' option of the site but....well...it was impossible.

I just want to inform whoever runs the site the reCAPTCHA is malfunctioning. Never in my life have I been forced to sign up for any Forums using Facebook, but the reCAPTCHA on the sign up page comes up as failed every single time. On both my work computer and my home computer.  I tried to email the site administrators using 'contact us', but wouldn't ya know it? there is a reCAPTCHA to even send an e-mail with the same exact problem. So now I am signed up for the site with my actual name and unable to create a screen name. Not the end of the world, but incredibly annoying. I am starting to see reCAPTCHA everywhere and I am not sure why, I've only encountered one that ever worked right.

This was my problem as well. If it wasn't the reCAPTCHA, then it was the question that was wrong (which is pretty much impossible to get wrong). I've tried several times but in the end my only option left was to sign up with Facebook as well, which I didn't really want to do at first. Oh well. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

You can however change your screenname by clicking on account settings in the dropdown menu when clicking on your name in the upper right corner.

Oh thanks for that, at least the name can be changed. That solves my frustration at any rate. But I was just googling info on reCAPTCHA and apparently this issue is VERY common. It is really starting to boggle my mind that anyone would use reCAPTCHA on their website after reading what I read. There were plenty of examples of the people running the site wondering why nobody is signing up for their sites for weeks before they realized reCAPTCHA was the culprit. I think most importantly this site(Sorry I don't know the name of whoever runs the site) should DEFINITELY remove the reCAPTCHA from the "contact us" page at the very least. People will not even be able to contact them about issues or anything else, as was my problem.

I had the same problems.  Was going to sign up using my Twitter account but there was no way I was granting the  permissions the site was asking for.  I don't have facebook so I created a Facebook account for the sake of signing up here

Is it still the case that it is malfunctioning? I had switched to a different version of it last week, and that's when people started complaining. Switched back to the standard yesterday following this report.

Archived