I am so, so, so, so, SO glad I read the Ranters thread. All of the Ranters knew the Rickon thing was coming...and folk, hate to break it to ya, but it's gonna get worse. A LOT WORSE.

I'm sick and tired of dead direwolves, GRRM "extinction" comments or not.

We need to see some of Ramsey's dogs taken out in a really nasty way. Anyone got any ideas? Since D/D think Ramsey's relationship with his dogs is more important to the overall story  than the Stark kids and their direwolves.

I am so, so, so, so, SO glad I read the Ranters thread. All of the Ranters knew the Rickon thing was coming...and folk, hate to break it to ya, but it's gonna get worse. A LOT WORSE.

I'm sick and tired of dead direwolves, GRRM "extinction" comments or not.

We need to see some of Ramsey's dogs taken out in a really nasty way. Anyone got any ideas? Since D/D think Ramsey's relationship with his dogs is more important to the overall story  than the Stark kids and their direwolves.

I have to say I am not a fan of the changes D&D have done, but I was expecting a lot worse.  We all figured out the gift was Rickon but I am hoping this is not a spoiler???  I am hoping GRRM doesn't gift Rickon to Ramsey.  Other than that I had no expectations of anything good.  ToJ started off so well, they even showed Dawn (I think I saw a sunrise on it!) but then they changed it. I actually got excited when I saw the sword being sharpened. And then... Ugh. 

Having said that, this is the first episode in years that I have gotten even remotely excited about.  I truly hope that 10 years from now somebody else will take the books and make a better movie/show. 

RIP Shaggydog...

Call me crazy, but I'm not 100% convinced that was the real Shaggydog. I think Osha and Rickon are there to screw things up (like Mance/whoever was sneaking around killing people in the book). But hell, I'm an optimist.

I knew we wouldn't be getting Lyanna/'Promise me Ned', but her screams during that scene were chilling. Loved it.

I'm glad Arya got her sight back and I'm waiting for her to add 'The Waif' to her list

2 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Call me crazy, but I'm not 100% convinced that was the real Shaggydog. I think Osha and Rickon are there to screw things up (like Mance/whoever was sneaking around killing people in the book). But hell, I'm an optimist.

I knew we wouldn't be getting Lyanna/'Promise me Ned', but her screams during that scene were chilling. Loved it.

I'm glad Arya got her sight back and I'm waiting for her to add 'The Waif' to her list

Really? You think there was another black direwolf...that they found...just to more convincingly hand Rickon over to a psychopath that they already know killed his father...it's all a giant ruse?

3 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Really? You think there was another black direwolf...that they found...just to more convincingly hand Rickon over to a psychopath that they already know killed his father...it's all a giant ruse?

I couldn't see the screen properly (it's the middle of the day here and the glare was bad) but is there no way it couldn't have been just a regular wolf?

Good episode overall, especially liked the scenes with Tommen/High sparrow and Qyburn. Thought Ayra's bit was good too, and the waif's mention of the hound must all but confirm he is coming back (at least in some form).

Tower of Joy was decent but I wish they kept more of the dialogue the same, was such a well written part of the first book it was a shame they changed it in that regards. And having to wait another week or two to finally reveal what happened is just annoying

Good episode overall, especially liked the scenes with Tommen/High sparrow and Qyburn. Thought Ayra's bit was good too, and the waif's mention of the hound must all but confirm he is coming back (at least in some form).

Tower of Joy was decent but I wish they kept more of the dialogue the same, was such a well written part of the first book it was a shame they changed it in that regards. And having to wait another week or two to finally reveal what happened is just annoying

Hard to really describe how I feel... I need the rest of the season.  Some really concerning pacing issues are going on, unfortunately due to the fact they weren't sure if they could include this or that (Dorne, Greyjoys, Riverlands...) because they didn't know how many episodes they had left and now they're trying to squeeze it all in.

The one pacing issue that sticks out to me is 3 full seasons of Meereen.  No way that was the plan.

6 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Hard to really describe how I feel... I need the rest of the season.  Some really concerning pacing issues are going on, unfortunately due to the fact they weren't sure if they could include this or that (Dorne, Greyjoys, Riverlands...) because they didn't know how many episodes they had left and now they're trying to squeeze it all in.

The one pacing issue that sticks out to me is 3 full seasons of Meereen.  No way that was the plan.

Tell that to Martin. Trust me, fans of the books feel exactly the same way.