1 hour ago, RadSam said:

Call me crazy, but I'm not 100% convinced that was the real Shaggydog. I think Osha and Rickon are there to screw things up (like Mance/whoever was sneaking around killing people in the book). But hell, I'm an optimist.

I knew we wouldn't be getting Lyanna/'Promise me Ned', but her screams during that scene were chilling. Loved it.

I'm glad Arya got her sight back and I'm waiting for her to add 'The Waif' to her list

I believe this as well. The Umbers have to make it look like theyre pissed about the wildlings, which Im sure they are, but theyre tricking Ramsay into getting Jon Snow and the wildling army to come to WF, cuz Ramsay is dumb enough to fall for all that. Roose wouldve seen a trap coming a mile away. I think the head looked way too small to be what Shaggydog would look like now. I can see when theings get nasty in the battle someone would try to set the dogs on Rickon and Osha and Shaggydog would roll in and save the day.

3 minutes ago, Christi84 said:

I believe this as well. The Umbers have to make it look like theyre pissed about the wildlings, which Im sure they are, but theyre tricking Ramsay into getting Jon Snow and the wildling army to come to WF, cuz Ramsay is dumb enough to fall for all that. Roose wouldve seen a trap coming a mile away. I think the head looked way too small to be what Shaggydog would look like now. I can see when theings get nasty in the battle someone would try to set the dogs on Rickon and Osha and Shaggydog would roll in and save the day.

It just seems to me that everything is coming together too easily for Ramsay. As crazy as he is, he's predictable. He's being told exactly what he wants to hear. Just as he thinks he's won, it will all come crashing down on him and (hopefully) Shaggydog (if not, Ghost) will tear him apart.

I thought the head looked too small too, but I wasn't sure if I was seeing right.

2 hours ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

Bran: 'whats in the tower'

EYR:'thats enough for one day, we will return a few days'

GOD DAMN IT

At least it seems like they will go back.

I said that would happen. One thing was certain was that we were not going to get the full ToJ story.

Another was that the people who are certain they have worked out R+L=J wouldn't like it because GRRM's main point is about the unreliability of history. Turns out Ned wasn't quite the hero he was made out to be. I think we have to go to Harrenhall and see the tournament before we get back to ToJ.

2 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Varys knows all about sacrificing his body for a cause, if ya know what I mean.

Not willingly.

2 hours ago, Tooms said:

Qyburn and Varys are TOGETHER????

I thought they were on opposing sides...

They are - well probably. What Qyburn is up to is anyone's guess. Cersei maybe should not trust him so absolutely. 

2 hours ago, Tooms said:

Interesting play with Arya's death list ... As if it is actually important to the many faced God. 

Who was the important missing name? At this point she would know Joffrey is dead. Illyn Payne was removed when the actor got cancer. 

Melissandre perhaps?

1 hour ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

And now Jon's watch is ended.

It sure did. He cleared his desk first. He had to execute the mutineers himself. After that he could leave of his own accord.

So he retakes Winterfell with a wilding army it seems.

1 hour ago, RadSam said:

Call me crazy, but I'm not 100% convinced that was the real Shaggydog. I think Osha and Rickon are there to screw things up (like Mance/whoever was sneaking around killing people in the book). But hell, I'm an optimist.

I knew we wouldn't be getting Lyanna/'Promise me Ned', but her screams during that scene were chilling. Loved it.

I'm glad Arya got her sight back and I'm waiting for her to add 'The Waif' to her list

Yeah, I wondered about that. The key thing that I found suspicious was refusing to kneel. Of course Ramsay wouldn't be held by that. But Umber would. There is a reason for his refusal, an important one.

If Umber has bought a couple of Frey Bentos pies with him...

I'm also naively hoping expecting Shaggydog's head to be false. It looks small and his fur was darker. I hope it's a plan of the Umbers/GNC to take down Ramsay, after the Kastarks notified them that Roose was dead.

Roose Bolton's next question would have been "And how do I know that's Rickon Stark direwolf?", but Ramsay is easy. The direwolf had to be alive to be of some proof.

BTW, after Mel and Jon's little talk, am I the only one who though funny that now Jon actually knows "nothing"?

Qyburn is just a scientist doing whatever to get the funding for his innovative experiments. Don't be too hard on him.

In the EP4 promo, I loved the look on Sansa, Brienne and Pod's faces

Sansa : "Fucking finally, I gonna be with family"

Brienne: "They see me rolling they hating (Avenged Renly. Kept the promise to Lady Catelyn and Jaime Lannister. Killed some Boltons.)" Of course, what happens after she meets Melisandre or Davos is upto guess.

Pod: "I'm not dressed for this weather." Hopefully Edd lends him Jon's cloak.

One more episode with some much awaited book references. In the books, the scene where Bran calls out to Ned through weirnet is very similar, but the location is Winterfell, and the time-period is just after RR, because Ned is praying that Robb and Jon should grow as close as brothers with only love between them. Bran thinks Ned heard him, but BR says 'maybe he heard the wind'. BR then goes on about his own losses, about his brother and lover and how he could only watch. We are led to believe all Bran managed was to make leaves rustle or branch fall, but then we see Theon hearing the heart tree calling his name, and Bran's. Clearly, it is Bran calling Theon. So between the vision with Ned and the vision with Theon (it was a vision for Bran and reality for us), Bran's power or his confidence to make himself heard across different times may have increased. Come to today's episode, could it be possible that Bran is stronger when he revisits ToJ, and so he may influence the events there? BR says that the past is already written. To me it sounds like a Chekhov's gun for Bran to fire. Maybe he will influence the events at ToJ. Maybe that is why BR waited for Bran. Because he knew Bran would make those changes in past?

Or Maybe I've watched too much Doctor Who :)

Regarding Umber, I'm pretty sure this is his casting call (from Watchers on the Wall: http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/):

The lord is a savage warrior, and he rules a distinguished house in the very far North, and the role is said to be an impactful one. He’s described as a massive bear of a man with a beard and temper to match, and hatred that run deep, and he can be violent. The show’s looking for someone with a powerful physique who can tower over other cast members, a Northern English Accent and specifies he has to be at least 180 cm tall. The role will be on 2 episodes.

Point of interest: "Hatred that runs deep".

Karstark is said to be ruthless and calculating in the casting call, and may well be on the Bolton side (or not). But the only person Umber show real hatred for is Roose. And what does he mention about Roose other than being a cunt? That Roose swore his oath to Robb Stark and did not keep it. Given the dire climate of the North plus the wildling thread unleashed by Jon, Umber's reasons to ally with Ramsay is plausible, but it is more likely that he hates the Boltons. Maybe he hates Starks too, but if I was Ramsay, I wouldn't trust Umber to watch my back.

For the "that wasn't really Shaggydog" idea to hold any water it would have to be a gaping plot hole, since there's no way Umber can guarantee Rickon's safety.  Umber delivered young Stark to a madman who  fed his stepmother and baby brother to his dogs.  RIP Shaggydog. 

This episode wasn't bad but I remember having to remind people that the Kindly Man hit Arya meaning it was barely mentioned in the books. Her training seemed  to be more observing the people of Braavos and learning languages than learning how not to get her ass beat. In the books she really used warging a cat as a means of getting better but I didn't expect them to portray that.

3 hours ago, Christi84 said:

if that is so, why not just send a fake rickon/osha so that they would not be risked.

it could be some Umbers trying to do the same thing that they send Rickon/Osha to do.

D&D are a pair of dicks who will do anything for 'shock' value. just wait for Osha and Rickon to be flayed and raped.

the Umbers (extreme Stark loyalists) and GRRM (his amazing story) are the real casualties of this travesty

2 hours ago, Hos the Hostage said:

Regarding Umber, I'm pretty sure this is his casting call (from Watchers on the Wall: http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/):

Point of interest: "Hatred that runs deep".

Karstark is said to be ruthless and calculating in the casting call, and may well be on the Bolton side (or not). But the only person Umber show real hatred for is Roose. And what does he mention about Roose other than being a cunt? That Roose swore his oath to Robb Stark and did not keep it. Given the dire climate of the North plus the wildling thread unleashed by Jon, Umber's reasons to ally with Ramsay is plausible, but it is more likely that he hates the Boltons. Maybe he hates Starks too, but if I was Ramsay, I wouldn't trust Umber to watch my back.

more stupid ludicrous plotline

smalljon hates his father enough to want to kill him (which I think the Bolton has helped) and when greatjon is finally dead, he hates Roose but not Ramsay.

by now, all the northern house have heard of Ramsay's cruelty and surely they do not believe that Roose was poisoned by his enemies in his own keep? but smalljon is totally ok to ally with Ramsay - a notorious madman???

ever since he married Sansa, Cersei had declared the Boltons are traitors as well so smalljon gained almost nothing allying with Ramsay, maybe Ramsay can 'help' him fight the wildlings but have been turncoats to their liege lord, smalljon truly believe the Boltons will help him?

WHAT A JOKE!

WHAT STUPID PLOTLINE!

WHAT TRAVESTY!

ALMOST AS BAD AS DORNE!

I dunno about the F-Shaggydog theory. I just think this is the show's lack of budget to have so many Ghost and Dragon scenes this season. Ghost looks fantastic and so do the dragons. We have had no indication of Summer yet and I think real Shaggydog is really dead due to lack of CGI or wolf trainer budget. If that was F-Shaggydog, why in the world offer up Real Rickon? Some of you think TGOW will be Osha or Rickon, I highly doubt Ramsey makes the same mistakes twice first letting Theon and Sansa escape. Osha and Rickon are as good as dead.

Spoiler

In the Battle of the Bastards if there are 5 or 6 people on burning crosses, I think we just saw 3 of them in this episode: Osha, Rickon and Small Jon. Who will be the rest? I think we may see Karstark on the cross as well. There are also a few other Northern Lords cast that we have not met yet.