16 minutes ago, Fookin Legend said:

Sam had sex with Gilly last season after he (and ghost) saved her from the NW brothers that were trying to rape her. 

Thanks.... Totally forgot about that.... infact... I forgot alot about last season I think and I should probably rewatch it....
I just realized earlier today that last year Jon actually fought in a battle against the others xD

I think we got the Arya scene we needed this season: A training montage. Having her do one small thing, one fight every episode, would have grown boring very quickly (say, last season or so).

Gotta love the expression on Melisandre's face after Jon's resurrection. "What the hell?!? It worked?!? Oh, better put on my mask of mysticism."

Neat nod to see Qyburn trying (and by the looks of things, failing) to be Varys. The episode also cemented the fact that the Small Council is acting independently of Cersei, and that (at least everybody believes that) Robert Strong is ser Gregor.

Awkward scene in Meereen is awkward, but at least we see Varys in action. Nice of them to display his talents.

To my knowledge, Ramsay never saw a direwolf earlier (not in the show, at least?). He wouldn't know what he was looking for. Also suspicious is the fact that Osha is with Rickon. She has been his companion/bodyguard for a while now. Ramsay never knew her (admittedly, my memory of his time as Theon's advisor is a little murky). Theon trusted Osha, and she proved to be tougher and more of a Stark loyalist than anticipated.

Speaking of Stark loyalists, Smalljon Umber appears not to be a Bolton man, at least. He calls out Ramsay on all the bad things, refuses to kneel or pledge fealty, and brings Rickon straight to the place where he'd rule the North if Ramsay fell. I've heard about rumours about what'll eventually happen to Rickon this season (haven't we all?) from somebody who claims to have been an extra on the set, but no matter how it'll turn out, it seems like they're building up something big for Rickon.

I think the Vaes Dothrak scene dropped the most interesting line this episode: Apparently, most if not all of the khalasars are gathered for some sort of great council. Time for Daenerys to put on another crown?

6 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

To my knowledge, Ramsay never saw a direwolf earlier (not in the show, at least?). He wouldn't know what he was looking for. Also suspicious is the fact that Osha is with Rickon. She has been his companion/bodyguard for a while now. Ramsay never knew her (admittedly, my memory of his time as Theon's advisor is a little murky). Theon trusted Osha, and she proved to be tougher and more of a Stark loyalist than anticipated.

Ramsey never was Theon's adviser on the show. That's book only. On the show he simply conquers WF from the Ironborn.

It doesn't make much sense why the Umbers bring in Osha to Ramsey. Nobody would care if they hadn't. Even if Ramsey wouldn't care if he indeed would have known her. She is a real "no one" in the feudal world of Westeros.  It's for shock moment only.

17 hours ago, Hos the Hostage said:

Qyburn is just a scientist doing whatever to get the funding for his innovative experiments. Don't be too hard on him.

The popular theory is Qyburn is a Dornish plant who is trying to damage the Lannisters. Remember Dorne wanted proof the mountain was dead and Qyburn sent them a generic skull. If anyone finds out Cersei has a "mountain" like kingsguard Dorne will be pissed.

It's also a popular theory that the brave companions where Qyburn comes from where also Dornish double agents deliberately undermining Lannister rule. It is the actions of the Brave Companions that in part lead to the rise of the High Sparrow.

2 hours ago, Alcarin said:

The most anticipated scene of the season in my opinion The Tower of Joy, in the end was not catastrophy, allthough I just cannot understand why it was not 7 against 3...  The discussion was kinda weird, I mean Arthur Dayne told Ned 

I wish you luck in the wars you fight, and then ''Now it begins'' I mean what the hell, it might've been sarcastic, but Arthur from the books would never start a fight knowing he lost, was too proud and too great.... kinda off the discussion in there, also no idea why chage Woe to the usurper, too hard english for writers I guess?....

Now lets just hope Gerold is in the Tower :P

The biggest negative about TOJ I have is, you portray a legendary swordfighter and the guy gets sneaked upon his back and stabbed.... bad awarness?

They actually paraphrased the dialogue at the tower of joy correctly. Arthur does in fact say "now it begins" and Ned replies as such in the books.

Generally poorly written and directed.  Some scenes felt static and forced.

Example that comes to mind is Gilly's tepid reaction to Sam's plan to leave her and her baby alone again, even if it is to Horn Hill

Edited by Pinn

3 hours ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

I think we got the Arya scene we needed this season: A training montage. Having her do one small thing, one fight every episode, would have grown boring very quickly (say, last season or so).

Gotta love the expression on Melisandre's face after Jon's resurrection. "What the hell?!? It worked?!? Oh, better put on my mask of mysticism."

Neat nod to see Qyburn trying (and by the looks of things, failing) to be Varys. The episode also cemented the fact that the Small Council is acting independently of Cersei, and that (at least everybody believes that) Robert Strong is ser Gregor.

Awkward scene in Meereen is awkward, but at least we see Varys in action. Nice of them to display his talents.

Speaking of Stark loyalists, Smalljon Umber appears not to be a Bolton man, at least. He calls out Ramsay on all the bad things, refuses to kneel or pledge fealty, and brings Rickon straight to the place where he'd rule the North if Ramsay fell. I've heard about rumours about what'll eventually happen to Rickon this season (haven't we all?) from somebody who claims to have been an extra on the set, but no matter how it'll turn out, it seems like they're building up something big for Rickon.

I think the Vaes Dothrak scene dropped the most interesting line this episode: Apparently, most if not all of the khalasars are gathered for some sort of great council. Time for Daenerys to put on another crown?

Even Rocky had a montage.

Thoughts while watching:

- I loved the moment of Jon coming back to life last week, but the more time I've had to think about it, the more I agree with those who say it was a bit rushed. I don't know how much longer they could've dragged it out (they have enough trouble in that regard; more on that later), but maybe holding it back 'til this week would've been better. That said - I did think Jon's nervous and shocked state of mind upon coming back was very well-played by Kit.

- Tormund and Edd actually made jokes!? They DID read the books after all!

- Very good Arya scene, but it begs the question: what was the point of her scene last week? Or the week before? If you cut those out, there would be no material effect on her storyline. This is what I'm talking about dragging. And I'm so sick of that catty waif who's training her.

- Dany is in a somewhat similar boat to Arya. Both her scenes so far this season have relevance to her story, but she's only gotten one scene per every other episode, and not a lot happens. It creates the impression of being dragged out and having useless padding, like the Arya story, even though that's not the case. I said it last year, and I'll say it again: they could solve this problem by cutting around less and have each episode be focused in on one or two, three at the most, stories. It would mean that we see some of the major players less often per episode, or even that they'd sit more episodes out, but in the episodes where their story got the focus, they'd have much more screentime, and much more could get accomplished.

- Mereen scene was fine. Nice to see some of how Varys operates. And I enjoyed Tyrion's awkward time-wasting. Perhaps some useless padding, but for once, it was entertaining.

- Sam and Gilly: don't really care.

- King's Landing: don't really care. How did they manage to make Diana Rigg's return seem completely uneventful?

- The Tower of Joy. The fight was well-executed, the acting was fine. But this was a huge disappointment for me. IMO, the placement of this scene was terrible. It's too early in the episode, it doesn't get a good build-up, and its cut-off is frustrating in all the wrong ways. There's no good reason given for Bloodraven to not let Bran follow his father to Lyanna. Some mystical mumbo-jumbo about staying too long doesn't hold up when you're watching a key moment in history and have a chance to solve one of its great mysteries. How much longer could it really have taken? If they were going to cut it off before Ned reached the Tower, then that should have been the very end of the episode, with the cut-off coming, not from Bloodraven hitting ForceQuit on Bran, but from Ned bursting into a room and being shocked at what he sees.

And, when it comes time for GRRM to write about the ToJ in detail, I really hope there's more to the "I would be dead if not for Howland Reed" than just a stab in the back. Bran stating the obvious at that point was obnoxious, as was the way they tried to pass it off as some big shocker, in the episode and in the ItE at the end. And the show seemed to imply that Ned's passed off the ToJ as his victory in single combat over Arthur Dayne. A far cry from that "if not for Howland Reed" remark in the books. This sort of change often bugs me so much more than big structural overhauls or major rewriting of action or dialogue, because there's absolutely no point to it.

Speaking of...

- The Umbers. I said it last week, and I'll say it again:

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6pk95rQTC1ratb45o1_500.gif

You know what? I don't even mind the concept. If D&D want Rickon Stark to fall into the hands of bannermen who betray him to the Boltons: I don't know why they'd want that and it seems very unlikely to happen in the books, but if it has a decent pay-off, then fine. Use the Dustins. Seriously, GRRM gave you a Northern House hostile to the Starks that you could drop into this slot in your story. ADwD even has Lady Dustin tell Theon that she kept back as many of her men as she dared - perfect rationale for House Dustin to have strong force that could prop up the Boltons. The Dustins, Karstarks, and a force of Freys would make so much more sense as the power base this season.

And what was that line of Ramsay's last episode? "The Umbers and Manderlys are with us" or something along those lines? Apparently not, because it seems the Umbers' loyalty was up in the air and this is the first time Ramsay's got any sort of confirmation on that. Who handles continuity in the writers' room!?

- Pointless repetitive dialogue aside, Jon's executing the mutineers was a good scene (goodbye, Olly! You know you've failed at writing child characters when their being hung inspires no sympathy). And Jon's abrupt...resignation, actually felt appropriate to me, given his shaken core. But what comes after is important. If they don't handle the follow-up to that moment well, then it's going to come off as arbitrary bordering on infuriating.

In sum: better than Week 1, weaker than Week 2, and I'm back to not knowing how to feel about where this season's going.

Another all around great episode. I enjoy the little bits of humour, callbacks and parallels incorporated in this season. The Small Council meeting was hilarious.
I loved the boss characters, mainly Jon, Arthur Dayne, SmallJon Umber, Olenna, Kevan, Arya, Varys, Tormund, even Alliser Thorne (awesome last words).
Daenerys continues to suck with her tremendous sense of entitlement. Next time she starts listing her titles someone needs to punch her in her face.
Mel is back to being shunned by Davos. Cut her some slack, she’s just brought back Jonno the Saviour. Both of them were cool. Mel was like ‘WTF?! That actually worked?”, but soon after she was back to her usual R’hllor BS. Sounds like her faith has been restored to some extent. Jon Snow knows nothing. Jon Snow sees nothing.

It have been brutal if Olly said he would see his parents again and Jon replied ‘No’ in a stone-cold manner.

The production value has been upgraded immensely. The cinematography, CGI and directing are top notch. Arya’s Yoda training scene was gorgeousely filmed and edited. The Waif has grown on me. I appreciated the little nods to the Starks.

The music is as always one of the lauded hallmarks. The choreography at TOJ was phenomenal. Arthur Dayne was a beast of a fighter, he fucked them all up good before he was stabbed in the back by the coward Howland Reed.

The TOJ dialogue felt real, not like pseudo poetry. It was a satisfying compromise between the original lines, streamlining and exposition, not as thick as it is in the book version so as not to confuse the Unsullied. Also understandably shortened. 
3ER has become a major cocktease. It’s understandable why they split the flashback up. They need a build up, play up the suspense. Martin has had 20 years for that, they can tease us for three weeks.
The only scenes  I didn’t particularly care for were Sam’s and Dany’s.

So am I getting this right...

Sam's father was so disgusted by him that he threatened to kill him if he doesn't take the black but just stays home. Now, Sam is going to go back with a wildling girl and her child, who no doubt everyone will assume is Sam's, and drop them off at his dad's place to be kept safe while he goes to Oldtown to study to become a maester? Like, that's actually what his plan is?

10 minutes ago, Direwight said:

Sam's father was so disgusted by him that he threatened to kill him if he doesn't take the black but just stays home. Now, Sam is going to go back with a wildling girl and her child, who no doubt everyone will assume is Sam's, and drop them off at his dad's place to be kept safe while he goes to Oldtown to study to become a maester? Like, that's actually what his plan is?

I don't think Randyll Tarly was disgusted enough with Sam to kill him. It was just that Dickon would be a much better heir, and Samwell had to get out of the way somehow. Randyll would probably have sent him to the Wall anyway, but sending him off with a threat made Sam more certain that the Watch was the only feasible option. With Sam no longer an heir to House Tarly, I think Randyll will look upon him more favourably. It should help too, that he comes from he Watch with a mission, and bringing a girl and a son with him. At least that marks him as a man, and his lack of manliness was what Tarly missed from him.

Also, my gripe with the Tower of Joy... the keep felt a little too big. I mean, I always pictured it as a hideout Rhaegar had built as a love shack for him and Lyanna, and it's said to have been small enough for Ned and Howland to pull down by themselves, to build graves for their fallen companions. I just hadn't pictured it to be any more than, say, a small house, ironically dubbed a "tower" by Rhaegar. In the show, it was almost as big as a small castle, visible from miles away.

Then again, it's completely feasible that it was an old Dornish watchtower along a long-since-erased border, built to have a garrison of a dozen men and horses. It just raises the question of how Ned and Howland could tear it down. On the other hand, they did suddenly obtain a lot of spare horses, so...I guess anything is possibe. It just clashed a little with what I had pictured.

3 hours ago, Direwight said:

Sams father didn't want Sam to inherit Horn Hill because he was not "Lord" material. Not good at fighting, horse riding etc. Since Sam was the older son he was to inherit it, so his father wanted him out of the way. Gilley and the baby will be a shock but I don't see it being a big deal, plus I see Sam standing up to his father and gaining his respect when he does meet him.

Any significance to Bloodraven (or The Three-Eyed Raven) being in the tree for a thousand years?

Do they just want to remove his Targ / Blackfyre connections? Make him a generic Night's Watch man (even Lord Commander) with a simple back story.

Late to the party, as ever. The episodes only become available legally through the HBO online franchise here 24hrs later, which is 4am Tuesday morning here, so I watch later on Tuesday (and avoid most of the internet on Mondays! :D). Here are my first impressions after watching the episode twice, before reading any reviews, recaps or comments…

Overall, I really liked the episode, though some of Meereen and Dany was a bit meh. There was a real sense of the game having changed, new players taking over from the old, the beginning of the end… Very excited about what happens next!

Castle Black – Oooh, the way it started, with the breathing! Chills! And then Davos rushing to help (almost comfort) Jon, give him his cloak… Apparently dying and coming back isn’t a very pleasant experience. Especially when you realise you were murdered by your own men. Mel is eager to know what’s on the other side and Jon tells her the same Beric told her. Nothing. But now Mel thinks Jon is the Prince that was Promised. Interesting. (Was TPTWP ever mentioned in the show before?)

Jon seems to have lost confidence, but Davos gives him one of his pep talks (I still don’t like Davos swearing, he’s a gentleman) and later helps Jon outside to meet his men. Ah, Tormund (and his member), he knows Jon’s no god because he saw Jon’s pecker. Jon winces when Tormund hugs him. Do Jon’s wounds still hurt?

Jon and Edd… Ah, the feels…

Later, Jon’s alone, holding his stabbed jerkin, apparently he’s been doing a lot of thinking. Edd comes and tells him it's time. Jon tosses the jerkin aside and grabs his sword, to do his NW duty and execute the traitors. Any last words? Narrow-minded Bowen Marsh stays true to his narrow-mindedness, Othell Yarwyck wants Jon to write to his mum, Alliser Thorne (who first addresses Jon correctly as Lord Commander) stands by his decision. “I fought, I lost. Now I rest. But you, Lord Snow, you’ll be fighting their [wildlings’] wars forever.” AT straightens up, facing death valiantly. Aw, there was honour and discipline in him. And Owen Teale is so magnificent!

Olly… Jon almost can’t look at Olly. No words from Olly, just a look of defiance, hate, fear… (Young Brenick was so great in his role as Olly!) And Jon? Sadness? Disappointment? Pity? Determination?

The whole scene was so tense, with Mel, Tormund, Davos watching… watching… Jon takes a moment before finally cutting the rope (and his allegiance to the Night’s Watch…) It wasn’t easy, but Jon’s determined. Poor Edd, when he’s left holding Jon’s NW cloak, and Castle Black, and realises what’s just happened.

“My watch is ended.” (Hooray!!)

I just hope it’s for the real war. I don’t know how much Jon knows of what’s been going on in Winterfell. He wouldn’t know of Sansa’s escape or Roose’s death, or Karstarks allying with Ramsay, I think. So I hope Winterfell wasn’t his motivation to break his oaths, but rather to fight the real war against the White Walkers, and he knows the few dozen men of the NW are useless in that war, he needs to unite the North and the rest of the Seven Kingdoms – an almost impossible task.

I loved the end. "My watch is ended." Beautiful music. I sat quiet for several minutes. Wow.

Sam and Gilly – let’s get a meta thing out of the way first. Baby Sam seems to have grown! :D Other than that… I really like show-Gilly, she’s more of a real character and feistier than the book-Gilly, braving the sea and the storm, excited about seeing Oldtown. It of course helps that it really is her own baby, not Mance’s, baby-swapped by Jon. The sea/see thing was a bit clunky (and I pity all the translators who had to do the subtitles for that bit of English homonym wordplay!) but the point, I guess, is to remind us that Gilly can now read. I wonder if that becomes important at some point.

The important thing is that Sam admits that he doesn’t really care about the NW or even Jon anymore, he cares about Gilly and the baby. Ah, Maester Aemon, how right you were. “Love is the death of duty.”

Tower of Joy – I could almost hear the howls of protest from some book readers on this one. Six against two, parley cut short, no Trident – King’s Landing – Dragonstone – Storm’s End. Just the pertinent point. Why weren’t you guarding your king Aerys or your prince Rhaegar? And where’s my sister?

I’m not a connoiseur of fight sequences so it seemed all right to me, and the important point was that Bran saw that his father did not defeat Ser Arthur Dayne (BTW, how did Bran immediately know it was AD?), instead, Howland Reed stabbed him in the back = v. dishonourable. (Are all the Stark kids learning that being all honourable isn’t actually the best thing? About time!)

Bran wants to see more, calls out… and young Ned hears! He stops and looks around… But the Three-eyed Raven takes Bran back to the cave, and Bran is angry. He wants to see what’s in the tower (don’t we all ;) ), and the seed is sown for Bran to disobey the Three-eyed Raven and maybe wreak some havoc with his hubris.

“You think I wanted to sit here for a thousand years?” Huh? Didn’t the show hint in S4 that the Three-eyed Raven is Brynden Rivers, aka Bloodraven? Anyway, he says flat out that Bran isn’t going to stay in the cave forever. I wonder what those shots of the Child of the Forest mean. Oh, and poor Bran has to learn EVERYTHING. Gods I loved Max von Sydow’s voice there!

Dany – I found this sequence a bit meh. So Dany’s in Vaes Dothrak, introduced into the Dosh Khaleen. The main crone (widow of a great khal, Khal Savo) isn’t impressed by Dany’s threats. Khalar Vezhven (a gathering of khalasars) will decide Dany’s fate.

I have to say that this season has made the Dothraki culture seem more real to me, so props to that.

Meereen – Varys with his gentle and sinister blackmail/bribes was excellent. We get to see how the spider operates. And: “Men can be fickle but little birds I always trust.”

The scene with Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandei was awkward, as it was meant to be. However, I got the feeling that Peter Dinklage has to be given his quota of good one-liners, so it felt a bit clunky. It gets interesting when Varys comes with the news: Astapor, Yunkai and Volantis support the Harpies. Missandei gets all bloodthisty (WTF?), and did everybody see the frame of Tyrion with GW and his dagger in the foreground. Twice. Uh-oh, is there trouble brewing there?

Edited by talvikorppi
ETA sinister to Varys's dealings

King’s Landing – oh the gods, there was so much there! Loved the scenes.

First, Qyburn’s lab and an insight on how Varys maybe operated his little birds. Uuugh, Qyburn is so creepy – Anton Lesser is excellent!

lol moment: Jaime walks up to Frankengregor, looks him up and down, “Does he understand what we’re saying? I mean, to the extent he ever understood complete sentences in the first place.” Good old snarky Jaime! Frankengergor turns his head, Jaime steps back. Whoops. The Lannister brothers have big mouths, it’ll be the death of them one day, lol.

However, Jaime doesn’t seem entirely happy with Frankengregor and Cersei’s association with him. Cersei, on the other hand, is in full vengeance mode. Jaime tags along but doesn’t seem as forceful or committed. In the Small Council, he even tries a bit of diplomacy. “We’ve got a lot to discuss. All of us. Together.”

Ah, the Small Council scene. Loved it.

Poor old Pycelle, now reduced to providing comic relief, even more than Mace. Kevan and Olenna are the real power players there. Loved how Olenna needled Cersei (and Jaime). You’re not the Queen. I understand things can get confused in your family. Ouch.

The callback to the famous Small Council musical chairs scene in S3 displays something about Tyrion and Jaime. Tyrion slowly and deliberately dragged the chair to the end of the table, for himself. Jaime slams it down, for Cersei. Then makes his gesture of diplomacy, but he hasn’t quite learned things yet. Kevan knows what a bad ruler (and a bad person) Cersei is. When will Jaime learn?!!??

Kevan takes the lead, with a slight nod to the other important person, Olenna, and they leave. Mace and Pycelle scramble after them. Oh, and that look Frankengregor gave Pycelle? He’s a goner. (BTW, it seems common knowledge now that Ser Robert Strong is “reworked” Gregor Clegane.)

Jaime and Cersei are left in the Small Council chamber, alone. Friendless. (Jaime seems disappointed. Bites lip and trums fingers. What do I do now?)

Next, Tommen and the High Sparrow’s masterclass of manipulation! Loved it, loved it, loved it!

Tommen, “I am the King!” = callback to Tywin’s words to Joff…

HS deftly leads Tommen down the garden path with mother and grandfather, why, they were on the gods’ side as well! HS tells Tommen that there’s so much good in all of us… That’s not what he told Jaime. He told Jaime we’re all vile sinners and deserve to die.

The High Sparrow is a manipulative hypocrite, but so is Cersei. Jaime faces a test. To be a true knight, he must reject both. (I’m desperately waiting for show-Jaime’s arc to catch up with his book arc!)

All in all, things are brewing up nicely in KL, I’m really looking forward to what happens next!

Braavos – I really liked how they did Arya’s training as a kind of a montage. The stick-fighting with the Waif and Arya getting better and finally besting her (and the Waif's reaction to that!), interspersed with Arya learning about poisons (by smell!) and the Waif’s questions… Now, I’m interested as to why would the Faceless Men be interested in Arya’s family? And the Hound? (How did they even know about the Hound??) OK, the Hound is mentioned to show Arya’s confusion… and maybe something more..? Regarding the Hound, like, he might be relevant..? ;)

The Waif calls it “Arya’s silly little list”, and a short one. “Who else is on it?” Viewer reaction: Haha, Waif, you’re on it!

Jaqen’s final test to Arya. Drink from the fountain, it’s poison to all but no one. Arya drinks, and affirms she’s no one and gets her sight back. OK, I just don’t believe Arya has renounced her Stark identity. She hid Needle for a reason. Did Jaqen really believe Arya? Or was it just expedient to seem to believe her? For whatever agenda the Faceless men have?

Winterhell – Smalljon Umber knows Ramsay killed Roose but doesn’t care. Old lords Bolton, Karstark and Umber are dead, the young lords take over. Jon Snow let the wildlings through, and Smalljon wants to unite to fight agaist them. He won’t kneel but he’s got gifts to show good faith.
Osha – Nooo!
Rickon – Nooooo! Nooooo!
Shaggydog’s severed head – NOOOOO!!! NOOOO!!!
(Apparently Osha and Rickon and Shaggydog had been sheltering there for all this time but the wildlings tipped him over the edge.) (BTW, it’s hard to believe Art Parkinson is the same Rickon we saw in seasons 1, 2 and 3!)

Ramsay: “Welcome home, Lord Stark.” Oh-oh, I’ve got a bad feeling about this. :(

This episode really whet my appetite for what’s to come, especially the North and King’s Landing. I hope Arya, Dany and Meereen get as interesting soon!

THE moment? Easy. “My watch is ended.”

A couple of more thought on the episode, before I go and read/see/hear what everybody else has thought.:P

Jon breaking his oaths comes in the same episode that Arya (seemingly) rejects her family and identity, Sam admits he doesn’t care about the NW or even Jon, Smalljon Umber breaks the Umbers’ oath of fealty to the Starks. We didn’t see audience first bets Brienne or Jaime break any oaths in this episode… But they will, they will… Aah, it’s going to be brutal to the end. I love this show.

I love the books, too. I only wish there were more of them. I’d happily spoil myself by reading the books and getting the "real" story and its end but, alas! I can’t do that.

Some readers probably say that Jon Snow wouldn’t do that, wouldn't break his oaths like that! But we don’t actually know what the new Jon would do, GRRM hasn’t pubished the book with his post-rez story yet. I find it plausible that he’s changed. Less concerned about petty honour and oaths and petty “right things to do”. He’s got a real thing to do now, and silly oaths and honour are a hindrance. The boy was killed, the man was born.

19 minutes ago, hallam said:

The resolution of the Danny plot is easy enough to see. Drogon recovers from his wounds and comes for a visit. 

Nobody is going to argue with a girl who has her own dragon.

Yeah, that's why Dany's story is a bit meh. Book-readers and many show-only fans already know pretty much what's going to happen. Dany's story will only get interesting once she gets her arse to Westeros... And we're not getting there anytime soon, as Tyrion pointed out in episode one.