[Poll] How would you rate episode 603?

Ran

How would you rate episode 603?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Since it was a major improvement of the last few episodes. Still horrible, but it is at least getting on a bearable level.

With books in consideration, especially the contradiction that Bran apparently has heard the story told a thousand times, I would give it 2

8/10 Best episode of the season. It had some good dialogue and some interesting plot movement. Arya stuff was surprisingly enjoyable. Tormund and Jon had a funny moment. And Umber was a good character, I'll be interested to see where that goes.

On the other hand..

Dany's stuff is still pretty painfully boring.

I'm not loving Jaime being Cersei's lap dog.

The end would have been a perfect chance for a letter about Rickon and the version of the Shield Hall.

I mostly HATED that episode!  SO much WASTE, The Great Waste was prominent!  Tyrion was like "Bla bla bla talking Tyrion not saying anything..." then the scene with the High Septon talking to Tommen was like..."ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "  The opening scene when Jon awakens and talks with Davos and Mel was supremely ANTI CLIMACTIC....Oh then we see some close ups of Dead young angry Olly and Dead mean from nooses....right, so, THAT was not gratuitous.  Yeah, then Dany Dany, Dany, BOOOORRRRRINNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!  UCH!!!  The ONLY scene worth ANYTHING was seeing baby Rickon as a pre teen and lovely Shaggy Dog's head...but, since there was NO lead up, I felt nothing. I was jon snow dead inside seeing that, mostly.  OH!  The Tower of Joy...right....that was STUPID.  The bottom line....David & Dan BY NOW should be FINE writers.  They've had 6 freakin' years wirting scripts, with GRRM, and his material; They suck and they will never ever be very good.  That's the way I see it. IMHO

I gave it a seven. It was a really good episode, but not a lot of stand out moments.

My highlights:

1. Everything about Jon. Kit Harington has proven to be a great actor

2. Arya's training.

3. The Tower of Joy. The fight choreography was amazing.

My grievances:

1. Winterfell. I felt like Umber's motivation was weak, though I am excited to have Art Parkinson back.

2. Surprisingly, Tyrion. He was a little pointless this episode and his scene with Missandei and Grey Worm was odd.

Edited by Dragon in the North

So folk are grousing because they are discovering GRRM's backstory turns out to not be quite what the folk in the books remembered it as...

No, this isn't D&D ruining the books. Like Shireen getting burned, this was obvious. The past isn't quite what it was made out to be. The past of the Night's Watch is largely fictitious and so is much of the history of Robert's rebellion.

What I like:

• Bran and Bloodraven
  • Mutineer corpses
  • Kings Landing stuff was mostly good
  • Jon was good but some of the stuff was a bit anti-climactic.

What I didn't like:

• Tyrion scene was boring
  • Dany scene was boring
  • I am not a fan of Dayne dual wielding
  • No real lead up to the Umber Rickon stuff (though I don't mind killing off Rickon, King Bran FTW!) 

Overall I'd give it a 6-7 out of 10. Too much boring filler to elevate it any further, but nothing overly horrible bringing it down either. 

8 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

I gave it a seven. It was a really good episode, but not a lot of stand out moments.

My highlights:

1. Everything about Jon. Kit Harington has proven to be a great actor

2. Arya's training.

3. The Tower of Joy. The fight choreography was amazing.

My grievances:

1. Winterfell. I felt like Umber's motivation was weak, though I am excited to have Art Parkinson back.

2. Surprisingly, Tyrion. He was a little pointless this episode and his scene with Missandei and Grey Worm was odd.

I think the point of the Tyrion scene is that he is utterly lost without people like him to stimulate conversation, thought, etc. Varys is the only person he can talk to in Mereen. 

The Umber bit was rather odd. I was thinking it was some sort of feint. Even up to the Rickard bit. Get inside Winterfell, do a bit of stabby stabby when Ramsay isn't looking. But killing Shaggy Dog isn't something you do for a feint. Rickon wouldn't ever forgive that no matter what. Unless it is some other direwolf, but where would you get one of those?

Kit Harrington needed to put in a decent performance. His part consisted of lying on a slab the last two episodes.  

Loved it for the confirmation of UnGregor, Jon! Olenna! and the Umbers versus Ramsay Snow, but dammit, Shaggydog? Goddammit! I mean how much more. Somewhat behind this but a distant boring second is Tyrion in boring pointless scenes. Please D&D make it stop, such a waste of a good actor.

7.5/10. When I re-watch it might be a 8/10

The fight at the tower of joy was not that great. 
Dany scene was meh.
Sam and Gilly...Meh
Mereen, Arya, and the rest were ok. Nothing awesome nor bad. Just OK!

The best parts were Jon Snow/Wall related and Kings Landing. 

I'm not sure what to make of the Winterfell. It seems they have to kill Rickon because like in the books, he is more of a.."who is this guy again". They will probably kill him for the shock factor along with the.."he barely does anything in the entire series/books" anyways. 

I wanted to give it a 0

Only pos about ToJ: actor for Arthur Dayne is my type.... Not a fan of his windmill impression though. And Ned never bragged about defeating Art Windmill anyway. Always said that he'd be dead if it weren't for Howland Reed. Nice D&D - we know you don't like Ned... character assassination after he's dead doesn't give you points (and no I'm not talking about HR backstabbing Art Windmill... That's suspected by most anyway... It's the line of Bran saying that his father bragged about it so often that's character assassination)

Other pos: Jon making a joke and smiling, with Edd making a joke about that... brought a grin on my face

Other pos: Olly's dead, but we didn't get a farewell nod

Dany - boring

Sam & Gilly - boring and at least the baby has grown a crop of hair after all these years.

Varys - rehash, is kind to his little birds, was going to find out about the Harpy, but ends up saying something about Yunkai, Volantis and Astapor... Hello Mereneese Blot, you're here after all... and that after the most pointless and boring scene I've ever watched on TV. Seriously, the scene at the train station in Once Upon a Time in the West (Charles Bronson) where they way for minutes for the train to arrive is more exciting that that boring convo about boring convo (and another rehash of S1 before the Batthe of the Green Fork with Shae)

KL - see how nice they are to kids... more boring stuff

Winterhell - atrocious and not makiing any sense. You've got the effing Stark heir, Umber. You can make yourself regent. But no, let's just give him to whacko Ramso. D&D hate direwolves and Starks.

Jon - my watch has ended... I so totally agree with you. Mine has too.