[Poll] How would you rate episode 603?

Ran

How would you rate episode 603?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

4, Butchered the Tower Joy, the acting was totally stiff, and the dialogue butchered. Also appears they could only afford 2 Kings guard.

Rickon scene, was probably meant for last week, seems like they did not have a lot of material for this episode, I mean just look at how they used Tyrion to kill time, that was basically dead air.

The Wall was decent, Thorne was good, Davos was good. Jon leaving, as some others are pointing out it is a bit anti climactic, the Wall has had some big moments this season they are a little flat.

Meereen was pointless, slow dragged out scenes with little dialogue.

Vaes Dothrak, really dragging out the Dany stuff this year, I am sure it will build up but for the short air time it's getting not a lot is going on. Could of opened the season with her in Vaes Dothrak, or walking into it.

I liked the Arya stuff, but wondering if she has any teeth left.

Got 10 seconds of Sam, and did not care.

All in all not a lot going on, felt flat to me, not much development, the Tower of Joy was so bad, the fighting was alright, Bran was good, but the acting and the famous speech were pretty shitty. 

Butchered the Tower Joy, the acting was totally stiff, and the dialogue butchered. Also appears they could only afford 2 Kings guard.

Rickon scene, was probably meant for last week, seems like they did not have a lot of material for this episode, I mean just look at how they used Tyrion to kill time, that was basically dead air.

The Wall was decent, Thorne was good, Davos was good. Jon leaving, as some others are pointing out it is a bit anti climactic, the Wall has had some big moments this season they are a little flat.

Meereen was pointless, slow dragged out scenes with little dialogue.

Vaes Dothrak, really dragging out the Dany stuff this year, I am sure it will build up but for the short air time it's getting not a lot is going on. Could of opened the season with her in Vaes Dothrak, or walking into it.

I liked the Arya stuff, but wondering if she has any teeth left.

Got 10 seconds of Sam, and did not care.

All in all not a lot going on, felt flat to me, not much development, the Tower of Joy was so bad, the fighting was alright, Bran was good, but the acting and the famous speech were pretty shitty. 

10 hands down OLLY IS DEAD SPRING IS COMING!

in truth more like a 5 or 4

the wall - was boring (but i liked it),

winterfell - was boring (sort of liked it)

dany - was boring (meh)

the city of tyrion - was boring (didn't like it)

kl - boring (liked the council scene liked that UNGREGOR CONFIRMED i think i saw cersei and not carol for a bit  maybe im wrong)

liked the tower of joy im not sure if i like or dislike that we didn't get to see lyana

sam - meh nice to see he is still alive.

arya - meh hope we can move that plot somewhere now that she can see again didn't like the fact that there is no cat warging.

dorne - someone named it fuuuuuuck i wish they didn't talk about dorne i don't want to remember westeros ends at the reach from now on.

Due to the voting limitations, I would like to change my episode 1 & 2 votes from a 1 to a 2 so this episodes' 1 will be more acurate. Didn't think it could get much worse than the last 12 episodes, but I was wrong. 

There was one good thing about this episode, but I'm a little torn with the feelings I have because I don't think I'm suppose to feel happy watching a young child get hanged. Great job D&D. 

Edited by Darkstream

A bit better than the first two episodes so a generous 8/10.

No surprises in there at all really.  Some of the dialogue was still pretty pedestrian and too much empty staring into space and time-wasting throughout.  At least in Tyrion's pointless scene he avoided the same old cock jokes this week.

Thought Jon would at least have had some kinda bonding scene with Ghost after he was vertical.

3 hours ago, King Onion Knight said:

^and see ya next week LOL

I'll be around. It's just not worth streaming it (is a hassle and no other way to watch it now as it airs here only in November on TV). Back to what I did after 5;04 last year... Just will read what they did, and watch a clip sometime later that sounds interesting enough.

Jon’s return scene was okay. Character motivations still don’t make much sense, but the Tormund moment was nice. Bloody boring episode overall though. Scenes continue to drag on and on, endless exposition in dry scene after dry scene. That Tommen/High Sparrow part was excruciating. Varys offering the woman money to leave was LOL funny. Dany’s scene was fine, I guess. Ramsay-Sue continues to frustrate, now we’ve got a dead Shaggy-Dog and a potentially raped Osha to add to the endless misery and shock value. Umbers motivation is extremely weak.

Tower of Joy...bleh. Arthur Dayne swinging two swords around like Darth Maul, the weak performance from YoungNed, Bran and Sydow stupidly pointing out obvious points, Howland backstabbing Dayne was weak, implication of Ned bragging doesn’t fit either show or book character.

Sam and Gill was another scene that just went on and on.

3 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I wanted to give it a 0

Only pos about ToJ: actor for Arthur Dayne is my type.... Not a fan of his windmill impression though. And Ned never bragged about defeating Art Windmill anyway. Always said that he'd be dead if it weren't for Howland Reed. Nice D&D - we know you don't like Ned... character assassination after he's dead doesn't give you points (and no I'm not talking about HR backstabbing Art Windmill... That's suspected by most anyway... It's the line of Bran saying that his father bragged about it so often that's character assassination)

Other pos: Jon making a joke and smiling, with Edd making a joke about that... brought a grin on my face

Other pos: Olly's dead, but we didn't get a farewell nod

Dany - boring

Sam & Gilly - boring and at least the baby has grown a crop of hair after all these years.

Varys - rehash, is kind to his little birds, was going to find out about the Harpy, but ends up saying something about Yunkai, Volantis and Astapor... Hello Mereneese Blot, you're here after all... and that after the most pointless and boring scene I've ever watched on TV. Seriously, the scene at the train station in Once Upon a Time in the West (Charles Bronson) where they way for minutes for the train to arrive is more exciting that that boring convo about boring convo (and another rehash of S1 before the Batthe of the Green Fork with Shae)

KL - see how nice they are to kids... more boring stuff

Winterhell - atrocious and not makiing any sense. You've got the effing Stark heir, Umber. You can make yourself regent. But no, let's just give him to whacko Ramso. D&D hate direwolves and Starks.

Jon - my watch has ended... I so totally agree with you. Mine has too.

See, I didn't have a problem with that - because I think like most things related to the war, Ned Stark has said absolutely nothing. Bran --- said he had heard the story a hundred times, but he never said he heard it from Ned. 

a generous 6 but still better than almost all of season 5

the TOJ scene was too hollywood, they should have had the 3rd KG (considering the extra money 1 more actor for 1 scene would have cost it belittled the scene completly),

having Arthur Dayne fighting with 2 swords just doesn't make sense when he is the sword of the morning in possession of Dawn

arya's training was only ok,how relevant is beating someone blind up to turning them into a faceless man 

Jon and the wall scenes were pretty meh apart from ser Davos and jon's line at the end 

tyrion's scene with melisandra and grey worm was pointless 

dany's whole scene was pretty meh ,obvious plot filler to gather all the kalahsars in one place

cersie and jamies scenes were exceptionally meh 

having varys little birds in KL switch allegience for a few sweets seems contradictory to previous scenes where varys tells us how he looks after his little birds in return for their loyalty

1/10 Complete garbage. Everything is just so stupid. Character actions don't mean anything.

Season 3 Robb betrays the Freys and they turn on him. Season 6 Ramsay kills Walda, which is much worse, and nothing will happen. I doubt the Freys even exist in show universe at this point. Ramsay just kills Roose and is now the leader? Why? Why would anyone follow this psycho? Why does this guarantee Umber support? Ramsay just created a power vacuum, and nobody does anything. Same with Sand snakes. They kill Doran and the whole royal family and are now rulers in Dorne? Why? No opposition or anything. Guards didn't do anything.  

But then at the wall things are of course different. When Alliser kills Jon, there are suddenly rebels. Hiding Jon's corpse and resisiting Thorne. Why isn't Thorne automatically the big boss at the wall? That's how it works right? Not to mention the way they fought over his corpse. As if they knew Jon will be ressurected.

Speaking of Jon's ressurection... The way it was done is simply terrible. They didn't have Kit at the premiere for season 6 ''because he is dead''. Not to mention other horrific attempts at creating fake suspense. And then in episode 3 Jon is back as if nothing happened. After all the PR about him being dead. He just comes back as if nothing happened and nothing changed. In the third episodes. Why even kill Jon if this is the result? It's so shit. Not to mention Thorne's reasons for killing were because he's anti-wildling yet he let wildlings through himself in season 5.

TOJ scene was garbage. Dual wielding ninja knight. Do they think this is cool? It just looks stupid. But stupid is what they are going with I guess.

I gave it a 7. A difficult episode to rate I found; enjoyable at times and frustrating at others.

What I liked:

- Tower of Joy, except for the parts I didn't. The main purpose was achieved in making it clear that the Kingsguard were there for a reason, and younger Ned was really well cast.

- Jon. Kit Harrington  has really made leaps and bounds forward as an actor, and I particularly liked his initial confusion after coming back. His "my watch is ended" was also really awesome.

- Varys. Almost nothing he said was actually threatening, but the menace was palpable. First time we've seen the real Varys in a while IMO.

- Arya montage. Excellent direction, and I was genuinely surprised she got her eyes back so soon. Glad to see they're moving things on.

What I didn't like:

- From the Tower of Joy: although I get why they're doing it, cutting off as Ned is heading up the tower just for the drama was cheap for me. I get that they're trying to draw it out and make us wonder/anticipate, but Bloodraven clearly wants him to know, so I don't find the "if you stay to long you'll never return" explanation sufficient. Poor storytelling again. Also I didn't want to care, but the dualweilding made the fight scene pretty awkward.

- Most of King's Landing. Disappointed with the little birds reveal from Qyburn; that was a lot more interesting and menacing when it was left ambiguous and mysterious. Don't know why we needed it.

- Tyrion comedy hour. Seriously, is Peter Dinkelage just there for comic relief now? That scene was an obscene waste of screen time.

What was good but I am not over yet:

- Shaggydog. I'm not ok. Umber was good though, even though I'm a little skeptical about him not kneeling to Ramsay.

I gave it 6/10, which is the same as I gave the first episode.

It was quite uneven - some bits were good and others were crap.

Pycell farting was a bees dick from jumping the shark - the show is copying memes of itself, WTF??

Dinklage can't act for shit, that much is glaringly obvious now his character has nothing interesting to do. At least riding a pig and rejecting a dwarf woman would have been more interesting than watching him ATM.

Dany is also boring as fuck when the dragons aren't around - you can't ramp a story up and then slow it down like that. She rode her dragon, she bonded - the dragon should be at her side always now. Without Drogon, she is so blah...

Shaggydog's head prosthetic was so poor and broke my suspension of disbelief big time.

Arya is kind of in the middle for me - it's a bit boring but vaguely interesting.

I liked the Jon stuff, that was good.

The establishing shot of Bolton territory with the cart and the snow and the upside down flayed corpse was very nice - I want to see more shots like that, those kind of dark medieval/fantasy type things which this show is about.

Young Umber was cool.

TOJ made me laugh hard, not only did no-one get to see Lyanna on her bed of blood but Howland was a back stabber. It was funny for how many people will annoy - I hope that happens in the book. Other than dark fantasy, trolling it's viewers/readers is a staple of this saga.

High Sparrow and Tommen was excellent - though I sense Tommen will die this season.

Between a 6 and 7. Going in, I was 50/50 on whether we'd get the full sequence at the Tower of Joy or not. What we did get. Plus on, Howland Reed being properly included. Negative on all the changes. Overall it was good enough I guess. Real big negative though... Three Eyed "Raven" says he's a "1000" year old?! WTF!!! I guess he's not Bloodraven on the show. LAME. So many other head scratching changes in this episode, though I admit they are minor. Saw the Rickon thing coming a mile away with the preview's "gift" line. All the Essos scenes were profoundly boring, though I'm glad Arya is moving along now. KL scenes were also meh. Next week should be better. A Sansa and Jon reunion, hell yes!! And I'm very curious to see what's up with Little Finger and the Vale this season. But I think it won't be til episode 5 that we'll get the R+L=J reveal, if we're lucky. I'm not expecting more Bran in episode 4.

It was a bit better than 1&2 but still had awfull scenes & dialogue.

Tyrion - rambling filler, not funny, not entertaining, pointless filler

Dany - I noticed that she got fat arms

Ramsay - the Umber stuff felt fake, rushed, not believable - Rickon is fodder, for 1 sec I was excited to see Shaggydog CGI

Sam - Didn't like the dialogue, "Your the father of my son" - felt like puking, also no baby switch apparently? meh...

Jon - Good acting, Mel and Davos was so and so, I liked the "no-dialogue Jon scenes" and the "My watch has ended" + his atitude.

Bran - I liked that Bloodraven and Bran had more dialogue after the vision giving some clues, allowing speculation of BR intentions.

The fight scene was pure shit. Dialogue was shit. Dual wielding is bullshit. Arthur death was shit. 

Who the fuck sticks his sword in the dirt before a fight? Damaging the sword and making it dull? He was fucking sharpening it before!!

Apparently there wasnt enough budget for Gerold Hightower so they decided to replace him with a second sword for Arthur Dayne.

Dual wielding is for kids who play World of Warcraft it doesnt happen in reality.

Best part of TOJ in the show? - What does Lyanna say? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

They had to hire someone to scream "AAAAH" thats why there were only 2 kingsguards.

This season D&D are taking my patience to the limit. Every fucking episode they out do themselves with shittier scenes.

For me it was a solid 7.

The best and most solid was the North. Jon, Bran Ramsey. And Olly. So relieved that came to a just and abrupt end. I was really pained over the death of Shaggydog, but not at all surprised.

The southern storylines, Kings Landing, Sam were dull. It moved the story along, but was not riveting. The HS showed a sympathetic side, but Tommen fell even farther in my estimation.

Arya, thank goodness she found her sight. Are we done with this Waif business, please?

Mereen. Dany all of them. These are just breadcrumbs, just to keep the viewer aware that something will eventually happen.

At least, we can finally see the storylines converging. I feel that this episode represented progress. We know the series ending is in sight just over that yonder hill. Stories have a beginning, a middle, an end. Books have a beginning, a middle, an end. Series (both books and TV) have a beginning, a middle, an end. Thank goodness D&D know this.

I give it a good 8. TOJ fight scene was well executed, this is a visual medium and we have had a 100 duels so far so showing Dayne can wield two swords expertly is a visual way of showing he is superior to Ned and any other fighter. Dialogue felt a bit of a let down but then for readers waiting 25 years this was never going to live up unless GRRM was doing the voiceover word for word. For the show it served it's purpose. Howland backstabbing him made sense, I'm sure this is GRRM's idea not DDs invention. Arya scene was her best for a while, mention of Hound portends a return. Umber and Ramsay was a good scene, lots of tension and silent hostility. As we have no LF, we really need him back, these guys intriguing around each other is welcome. Ending with Jon disavowing the NW was good. 

Bad was Dany back in Dothraki land but this is GRRMs fault she should be in/on way to Westeros. Tyrion scene was boring but this again is GRRMs fault he too should be with Dany in Westeros.

2/10 solely based on choreography of the fight between the northerners and Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy. The rest is beyond garbage.

- the Wall; Jon did not dream of the crypts of Winterfell; he killed his killers why? only to resign as the Lord Commander of the NW. This is insulting viewers' intelligence. If he decided to leave the NW, fine. Leave the killers to the new LC. And he names Ed the new LC. He cannot do that. And the episode is called the Oathbreaker. Jon is no oathbreaker. Death releases one from the NW oath. And he died. Coming back to life is not what usually happens to people. 

- ToJ. We have five horsemen that mysteriously became six. We have two KGs. We have no idea who the other one is. We have no idea who the men with Ned and Reed are. Why not have seven horsemen and three KG like in the books? Why? Cost is not a reason. It costs almost exactly the same to film it with correct numbers. So, D&D managed to reduce the pivotal scene in the books, the pinnacle of mystery into yet another fight. Good fight, but just a fight. And all these mysterious words KGs exchange with Ned are not important? What is important to D&D I wonder? 

- Mereene - utter waste of time. Tyrion having nothing to talk about made me laugh. Indeed. Nothing is happening to the point that D&D even ran out of fresh cock jokes.

- Dothraki - passable, but too slow. Deanerys is the Oathbreaker here. We should have seen what the crones had planned for her.

-  Braavos - all this should have happened in the previous episode. If I hear "no one" once more, I will make my own list. 

- Sam - so much vomit. What was the point? A horrible filler. Why not meet them when the arrive to Old Town.

- KL - the utter nonsense continues. I will not even bother with all that. Poor Jamie Lannister. He has the biggest character regression since the beginning of characters.

- Winterfell - Rickon's direwolf is dead. That means he is going to die. So, why bring him in? To show us that Ramsey is a sick bastard. Is there anyone in the universe who does not know this? Umbers are gifting Ramsey with Rickon in exchange for help with wildlings? Logic? Help? Wildlings are a common threat. There is no need for such a gift. But, hey, D&D never knew logic, so why start now. Where is Theon the future Ghost of WF? When he said he was going home, it was obvious he was going back to WF to atone for his self-confessed sins against the Starks. And now he is not there. This series is advancing at snail's pace. 

In the end, I'd like to point out I gave a point to the cast for enduring such scripts. Kudos people. No money can compensate your professionalism. 

Edited by Modesty Lannister