[Poll] How would you rate episode 603?

Ran

How would you rate episode 603?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

2 hours ago, Modesty Lannister said:

2/10 solely based on choreography of the fight between the northerners and Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy. The rest is beyond garbage.

- the Wall; Jon did not dream of the crypts of Winterfell; he killed his killers why? only to resign as the Lord Commander of the NW. This is insulting viewers' intelligence. If he decided to leave the NW, fine. Leave the killers to the new LC. And he names Ed the new LC. He cannot do that. And the episode is called the Oathbreaker. Jon is no oathbreaker. Death releases one from the NW oath. And he died. Coming back to life is not what usually happens to people. 

- ToJ. We have five horsemen that mysteriously became six. We have two KGs. We have no idea who the other one is. We have no idea who the men with Ned and Reed are. Why not have seven horsemen and three KG like in the books? Why? Cost is not a reason. It costs almost exactly the same to film it with correct numbers. So, D&D managed to reduce the pivotal scene in the books, the pinnacle of mystery into yet another fight. Good fight, but just a fight. And all these mysterious words KGs exchange with Ned are not important? What is important to D&D I wonder? 

- Mereene - utter waste of time. Tyrion having nothing to talk about made me laugh. Indeed. Nothing is happening to the point that D&D even ran out of fresh cock jokes.

- Dothraki - passable, but too slow. Deanerys is the Oathbreaker here. We should have seen what the crones had planned for her.

-  Braavos - all this should have happened in the previous episode. If I hear "no one" once more, I will make my own list. 

- Sam - so much vomit. What was the point? A horrible filler. Why not meet them when the arrive to Old Town.

- KL - the utter nonsense continues. I will not even bother with all that. Poor Jamie Lannister. He has the biggest character regression since the beginning of characters.

- Winterfell - Rickon's direwolf is dead. That means he is going to die. So, why bring him in? To show us that Ramsey is a sick bastard. Is there anyone in the universe who does not know this? Umbers are gifting Ramsey with Rickon in exchange for help with wildlings? Logic? Help? Wildlings are a common threat. There is no need for such a gift. But, hey, D&D never knew logic, so why start now. Where is Theon the future Ghost of WF? When he said he was going home, it was obvious he was going back to WF to atone for his self-confessed sins against the Starks. And now he is not there. This series is advancing at snail's pace. 

In the end, I'd like to point out I gave a point to the cast for enduring such scripts. Kudos people. No money can compensate your professionalism. 

Oath breaker does not imply that Jon broke his oath. It could in fact be stating what the murderers like Olly called him.

Rickon dire wolf died, it does not mean he will. But yes, he will die for sure. Sansa's dire wolf was killed back in season 1/book1 and she is alive. 

Sam was not a filler. It was to catch you up. After all,we haven't seen him and hilly for over 4-5 episodes.

They have to make the point across that Arya's training is not easy. She said no one last time and she lied. If it was easy and all it requires of her was one lie, you'd complain that she became an assassin in one episode.

2 hours ago, Modesty Lannister said:

2/10 solely based on choreography of the fight between the northerners and Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy. The rest is beyond garbage.

- the Wall; Jon did not dream of the crypts of Winterfell; he killed his killers why? only to resign as the Lord Commander of the NW. This is insulting viewers' intelligence. If he decided to leave the NW, fine. Leave the killers to the new LC. And he names Ed the new LC. He cannot do that. And the episode is called the Oathbreaker. Jon is no oathbreaker. Death releases one from the NW oath. And he died. Coming back to life is not what usually happens to people. 

- ToJ. We have five horsemen that mysteriously became six. We have two KGs. We have no idea who the other one is. We have no idea who the men with Ned and Reed are. Why not have seven horsemen and three KG like in the books? Why? Cost is not a reason. It costs almost exactly the same to film it with correct numbers. So, D&D managed to reduce the pivotal scene in the books, the pinnacle of mystery into yet another fight. Good fight, but just a fight. And all these mysterious words KGs exchange with Ned are not important? What is important to D&D I wonder? 

- Mereene - utter waste of time. Tyrion having nothing to talk about made me laugh. Indeed. Nothing is happening to the point that D&D even ran out of fresh cock jokes.

- Dothraki - passable, but too slow. Deanerys is the Oathbreaker here. We should have seen what the crones had planned for her.

-  Braavos - all this should have happened in the previous episode. If I hear "no one" once more, I will make my own list. 

- Sam - so much vomit. What was the point? A horrible filler. Why not meet them when the arrive to Old Town.

- KL - the utter nonsense continues. I will not even bother with all that. Poor Jamie Lannister. He has the biggest character regression since the beginning of characters.

- Winterfell - Rickon's direwolf is dead. That means he is going to die. So, why bring him in? To show us that Ramsey is a sick bastard. Is there anyone in the universe who does not know this? Umbers are gifting Ramsey with Rickon in exchange for help with wildlings? Logic? Help? Wildlings are a common threat. There is no need for such a gift. But, hey, D&D never knew logic, so why start now. Where is Theon the future Ghost of WF? When he said he was going home, it was obvious he was going back to WF to atone for his self-confessed sins against the Starks. And now he is not there. This series is advancing at snail's pace. 

In the end, I'd like to point out I gave a point to the cast for enduring such scripts. Kudos people. No money can compensate your professionalism. 

Oath breaker does not imply that Jon broke his oath. It could in fact be stating what the murderers like Olly called him.

Rickon dire wolf died, it does not mean he will. But yes, he will die for sure. Sansa's dire wolf was killed back in season 1/book1 and she is alive. 

Sam was not a filler. It was to catch you up. After all,we haven't seen him and hilly for over 4-5 episodes.

They have to make the point across that Arya's training is not easy. She said no one last time and she lied. If it was easy and all it requires of her was one lie, you'd complain that she became an assassin in one episode.

Right, so any criticism directed towards this train wreck of a show is disregarded as trolling by people that can't seperate the books from the show. How many times have I heard, the books are the books, the show is the show? But if a show lover actually noticed one of the countless problems with this show, it is immediately blamed on GRRM and the books. There is nothing in this season that is related in any way to the books. I refuse to believe anyone blaming this drivel on GGRM has even read the books, let alone a single chapter of GRRM's writing. I can't even take you guys seriously anymore. What a joke. :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

Sam was not a filler. It was to catch you up, after all we haven't seen him for over 4-5 episodes.

I am glad you know what D&D are thinking, because I certainly don't since the script is awful and direction is bad. 

So, the title could state what the murderers called Jon, but I cannot tell due to lack of basic ingredients of any good TV show - proper script and good direction.

I'm also glad you know Rickon will die. Do you have more of these scripts with you per chance? I need some toilet paper and cannot be bothered to go to the shops. Cheers.

Sam was less than a filler. The fact that he has to have some screen time does not imply that screen time should be totally wasted on vomiting, reiterating that Gilly can read and introducing nonsense like Sam being baby Sam's father since we know who baby Sam's father is. At least they could have given us Old Town panorama. Or a glimpse of Corn Hill. Or ... anything.

I am glad you know what point they had to make. Arya has been in training for the whole of season 5. She's been blind for a while. In the last episode we had no new development. And, finally, I am glad you know what I would be complaining about if things were different. You are obviously psychic. So, tell us when will this mental torture and continuous insulting of our intelligence stop?

P.S. And I have just remembered another mental insult. The name of the woman informer who talks to Varys is Valla. Valla? They omitted Val and Dalla, but they gave us Valla. Good lord!

Edited by Modesty Lannister

about the Umbers and ramsey...

I think the Umbers will turn on Ramsey, they have a plan! they gave him osha and rickon as a sign of good faith, but they wont allow him to kill them.

proofs?

1. the umber guy refused to swear fielity to the boltons, and you know how important these details/hints are in GOT (a solemn vow is a solemn vow, you know, old gods and so on...) 

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

(of course I might be totally wrong!)

2 hours ago, JagLover said:

As a book conversion they did partially mess up the TOJ scene by not including more original dialogue. Seriously would it have killed them to actually use GRRM's words?. Fight choreography was fine though and HR saving the day was how it was expected to happen. 

I too had a problem with the Tower of Joy dialogue, but with the opposite view. I wished they had used less of GRRM's dialogue. It was too poetic and worked wonders on page but didn't work on screen.

2 from me I really didn't enjoy this episode at all

As a stand alone show, I wouldn't even watch this if it wasn't attached to ASOIF

Reasons

(more) dick jokes

Fart jokes

Jon waking up like he's just got a hang over with no serious repercussions to being dead

A pointless and cringy Tyrion scene which was obviously only added because Dinklage has a certain amount of screen time in his contract

Another I'm a big deal speech from Dany just like every scene

High Sparrow giving another religious speech

All of that without even comparing stuff to the book like the ToJ which I thought wasn't too bad as stand alone television but if you compare it to the books it pales in comparison.

It was a solid 7.5, since i can't give it that an 8 is fine. However, I still liked it. This is one of the few episodes that D&D aren't trying to do any shock moments or stupid plot developments just for the sake of it. Just solid progression and strong characterisation which is what I liked Game of Thrones for in the first place. Nothing flashy, except the Tower of Joy scene which was well done but unnecessarily truncated imo. Shows like Mad Men prove that nothing needs to happen to make compelling tv. Just watch characters have a conversation is all that it needs sometimes. The dialogue is still not as good as the earlier seasons, but its good enough for something that was written in a year not in 5. 

It was a solid 7.5, since i can't give it that an 8 is fine. However, I still liked it. This is one of the few episodes that D&D aren't trying to do any shock moments or stupid plot developments just for the sake of it. Just solid progression and strong characterisation which is what I liked Game of Thrones for in the first place. Nothing flashy, except the Tower of Joy scene which was well done but unnecessarily truncated imo. Shows like Mad Men prove that nothing needs to happen to make compelling tv. Just watch characters have a conversation is all that it needs sometimes. The dialogue is still not as good as the earlier seasons, but its good enough for something that was written in a year not in 5. 

4/10 Low score of the season for me.

Jon is back and took his revenge on the mutineers before giving up the watch.  "My watch has ended" was just awesome.  

TOJ scene was o.k.  Dont see the point of duel wielding swords when you have dawn, but it is what it is.  

Arya got her sight back so her plot line will keep moving forward.

Kings landing is getting heated.  That will evently lead to some very big conflicts.  I really want to see where it is going.  This episode just showed that it is Cersi and Jamie vs. everyone.

Dislikes:

I am thinking they used the Tyrion conversation scene to depict the differences in how the characters involved were brought up.  He clearly shoes that tyrion was brought up as royalty playing games, having conversations, and drinking.  The other 2 were born into slavery and did not ever play games, have conversations, or drink.  This scene was another way I feel like D&D are saying the audience is to stupid to figure out the differences between tyrion and grey work/ mel.  Did not need to waste so much time on this.

TOJ dragging out the revelation of R+L=J.  By now I think we are all in agreement that it is true, but I can see them dragging it out so that it is not until episode 8 or 9 that we actually follow young Ned up the steps.

We dont need to see Sam on the ship.  Just get him to Old Town and pick it up from there.

Jon hasnt changed. Or at least it doesnt seem he has yet.  He was dead for a few days, something about him had to change.  The only thing that hinted that something about him changed was the fact that Ghost was a little apprehensive. 

I think there was just to much filler in this episode.  We only have about 9 hours of show a year and this episode felt extremely slow to me.

4/10 Low score of the season for me.

Jon is back and took his revenge on the mutineers before giving up the watch.  "My watch has ended" was just awesome.  

TOJ scene was o.k.  Dont see the point of duel wielding swords when you have dawn, but it is what it is.  

Arya got her sight back so her plot line will keep moving forward.

Kings landing is getting heated.  That will evently lead to some very big conflicts.  I really want to see where it is going.  This episode just showed that it is Cersi and Jamie vs. everyone.

Dislikes:

I am thinking they used the Tyrion conversation scene to depict the differences in how the characters involved were brought up.  He clearly shoes that tyrion was brought up as royalty playing games, having conversations, and drinking.  The other 2 were born into slavery and did not ever play games, have conversations, or drink.  This scene was another way I feel like D&D are saying the audience is to stupid to figure out the differences between tyrion and grey work/ mel.  Did not need to waste so much time on this.

TOJ dragging out the revelation of R+L=J.  By now I think we are all in agreement that it is true, but I can see them dragging it out so that it is not until episode 8 or 9 that we actually follow young Ned up the steps.

We dont need to see Sam on the ship.  Just get him to Old Town and pick it up from there.

Jon hasnt changed. Or at least it doesnt seem he has yet.  He was dead for a few days, something about him had to change.  The only thing that hinted that something about him changed was the fact that Ghost was a little apprehensive. 

I think there was just to much filler in this episode.  We only have about 9 hours of show a year and this episode felt extremely slow to me.

I cant stand how they use the Direwolves in this show. Jon wakes up, his first thoughts are about Olly??? Then he doesn't even acknowledge Ghost who was by his side the whole time and decides to actually embrace a wildling and then Edd?  Jons bond to Ghost is bigger than everything and anything combined.

I gave this episode a very generous 1. I'm not a show hater, in fact I came to this story through the show and read the books after season 1 . I was drawn in by how layered the characters were and how realistic their experiences seemed to be although set in supernatural circumstances , at this point the show is little more than some second rate fantasy crap the kind of thing you would expect to find early on a Tuesday morning on Syfy channel. I can tell you with one hundred percent certainty that had I never read the books I would still think this show has turned into  an over flowing public toilet. The dialogue is atrocious, the script has so much filler , the plot to nearly all of the story arcs are filled with holes.The show runners pander to Peter Dinklage and Lena headey by white washing their characters so they feel like they are delivering something with more depth when in fact they are just giving too much screen time to a character like Cersei whom everyone hated from season 1, It is almost as if they expect us all to watch Cersei and cry for her because her children died and forget what a sadistic smarmy little bitch she has been for 6 seasons it just isn't going to happen, Lena is a good actress but I can't help but feel like Cerseis story is very dull no matter how many peasants her frankenclegan kills or how many fiendishly evil commands she makes, every scene is so devoid of humor for the most part there is always an expectation that Tyrion is going to appear any sec now to make a cock joke because that is what he is now the comedian of the show. I would've been far happier had they replaced the now grown men playing Bran and Rickon than characters like Daario or the three eyed raven, they replaced the mountain like three times. I hope the rest of the season picks up and the winds of winter is released soon after so I can put it all behind me.

Edited by darksellsword
typo

48 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

I cant stand how they use the Direwolves in this show. Jon wakes up, his first thoughts are about Olly??? Then he doesn't even acknowledge Ghost who was by his side the whole time and decides to actually embrace a wildling and then Edd?  Jons bond to Ghost is bigger than everything and anything combined.

Indeed. I sometimes wonder if the writers read the books at all.

7/10

Quite a dull episode, but the writing is less annoyingly bad in dull episodes.

Wall: Had some poor dialogue. How would Jon know he had been dead? For all he knew, he could have been in a coma for years while his wounds healed. Also, why is Davos now swearing in every sentence.

Bran: Fine, although the scene must be quite confusing for non book readers.

Sam: Why would he take Gilly to his parents when his dad hates him, and his mother thinks he's dead?

Meereen: Varys scene was fine. The Tyrion scene was almost as if the writers were mocking the episode's dullness.

KL: Dull, but moved the story on a bit.

Aria: Aria losing her sight and regaining it a few episodes later seems as pointless a story as Jon's death and revival.

Winterfell: Nice to see Osha back, and I'm glad Rickon has the same actor. They explained reasonably well why the Umbers would support Ramsey.

Wall: It was done well, but I would like to have heard Olly say something to Jon.

2 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

you forget about the nonsense about Jon quitting NW and the nost disturbing of all, since when the Lord command was appointed instead of being elected?

9 minutes ago, Eddy1 said:

Sam: Why would he take Gilly to his parents when his dad hates him, and his mother thinks he's dead?

Why does his mother think he's dead?

10 minutes ago, Eddy1 said:

Wall: It was done well, but I would like to have heard Olly say something to Jon.

A poster on Watchers came up with the idea that Olly's actor may have hit puberty and his voice may sound manlier than before.