[Poll] How would you rate episode 603?

Ran

How would you rate episode 603?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

- The reactions of Davos, Mel and Jon to the resurrection. Really perprexed, it seemed quite realistic and "human"
- Revealing Qyburns "little bird" network
- Arya received some actual training instead of just getting beaten up

Dislikes:
- Meereen, Dany, Sam/Gilly and most of KL was simply nothing
- The north is just a complete mess. Everyone acts stupid and Ramsay profits from it.
- The Snakes ruling Dorne :rolleyes:
- Jon deserting
- Very underwhelming ToJ scene. Even the costumes showed a lack of effort. Plain grey/black KG armor ? They looked like ordinary Targ soldiers.

But there were no glaring plotholes or things I absolutely hated, therefore -> 4/10

9/10

I'm hoping that the dog's head being presented as Shaggydog isn't actually it.  The head he presented seemed a bit small. I'm hoping that the Umbers are actually going to end up being loyal (Grand Northern Conspiracy, maybe), and that a real, gigantic, pissed-off Shaggydog is waiting in Ramsay's bedroom or something.

Umber is goading Ramsay into making a huge tactical mistake, if you ask me.

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

Man this is getting to be great. Based on most of these ratings and rants I should be able to come here on a Monday soon without the site crashing all day long from all of the traffic. I mean, all of you who hate every scene and the drivel and horrible adaptation and want to claw your eyes out, eventually I assume you will just stop watching and then the traffic here will clear up!

You can predict 90% of the comments in advance. Last week, OMG all they are doing is beating Arya, the book was so much better because they were training her, this week it shows more of the training, and OMG, that was too quick or she should be more hurt.

TOJ, anyone with common sense knew that no matter how they did this scene they would have most of the people hating it. Not because the scene is great, but because people have built up that scene in their heads to god like standards and there was no way to live up to it.

I look forward to all the people leaving this part of the site soon! Reminds me of all the Howard Stern movie, the scene where the ratings come in. People who hated it tuned in longer than fans, just to see what happened next. Just like the people here who bitch about 90% of a show they say they hate, but keep watching.

Does it have flaws, hell yes, but so did the books and every other thing in the history of the world.

Or maybe we just want to commiserate with others of like mind on the destruction of something we once loved. Why do you take personal offense at our opinions?  What harm do they do you?

Does it have flaws?  Huge gaping flaws that Ramsey's dogs fall into.  

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The Meereen woman is from Season 5 episode 4. The prostitute complicit in the murder of the Unsullied. (I still have not had a chance to watch the episode but, spoilers abound and all that :P 

Wow! Thanks. I do need a rewatch. 

3 hours ago, Diehard_si said:

Always love a good laugh at this forum once a week. The so called 'fans' voting their favorite show 1 out of 10 thinking they are cool giving it the lowest score ever. I think the only episode to be below a 6 should be unbowed, unbent unbroken which was very poor, but if you are giving any of the others below this then I think you should stop watching as the show really isn;t for you.

As is seems that there is still a lot of people here that don't think others have a right to vote a 1, I would again like to share, as someone who now hates the show, why I still watch it. 

1. It's like watching a train wreck, it's a horrible thing,  but  as per human nature, I just can't turn away. 

2. Got used to be, and is supposed to be an adapt ion of one of my favorite stories ever. At first I watched it for that reason, how awesome to have your favorite books adapted to a visual medium. Unfortunately, D&D have ruined that for me. So as a  fan of Asoiaf, I feel a desire to know how D&D are butchering this story, as well as a right to voice my displeasure with it.  

3. As ubsurd as I now know it is, a small part of me still hopes against hope that the show will get back to being a quality adaption, and away from being a show about cheap shocks, juvenile dick jokes and gratuitous sex and nudity. 

Edited by Darkstream

So far in GoT: 6x1: 6/10 / 6x2: 8/10 --> average: 7/10

Episode 3: 5/10

Altogether: With just under a third of the sixth season over, i find it shocking how little the showwriters create from the huge pool of storylines they have available. I mean if you insist on making only ten episodes x 55 minutes (which is stupid imo) you just have to cut off pointless scenes and keep pressing the storyline.

1) The Wall: Okay the lame reincarnation of Jon T. is a problem of episode 2, so everything that happened up north was quite qood. Especially the part with Jon saying "fuoffck" to the Night´s Watch is booklike because "and now his watch has ended blabla".

2) Sam/Gilly: Well not very much to criticise isn´t it. Sam fighting for Gilly and Gilly showing her love for Sam. Looking forward to Oldtown/HornHill.

3) ToJ: Don´t let me start this, everything said. No Hightower, two sword wielding etc. Only positive aspect is Bran affecting the past, we´ll see where this is leading us.

4) Vaes Dothrak: So.Much.Time.On.Nothing. Did Daenerys do some biceps curls or what?

5) Mereen: This was s*it. Pointless drinking game and waste of good minutes only for the information "the old rulers of slavers bay/volantis don´t like to be overthrown by a foreign invader...wow"

6) King´s Landing: I always like the scenes with Qyburn. Everything else is just poorly made especially the tattle about g.clegane, the farting of Pycelle und the -once again- trivialising of Mace Tyrell. The discussion between the High Sparrow and King Tommen is entertaining though, problem is it´s wasting time for more important things.

7) Braavos: Arya still having an intact skull respectively just one spare tooth is humbug but okay it seems something is moving there.

8) Winterfell: Interesting. Umber in the position of Manderly?

Season 6 till now for me: 6.3/10

Edited by Khal_Stark

4 hours ago, Rhollo said:

- Very underwhelming ToJ scene. Even the costumes showed a lack of effort. Plain grey/black KG armor ? They looked like ordinary Targ soldiers.

I missed something, when did we see Targaryen soldiers in the show?

1 hour ago, Steelegrave said:

Or maybe we just want to commiserate with others of like mind on the destruction of something we once loved. Why do you take personal offense at our opinions?  What harm do they do you?

Does it have flaws?  Huge gaping flaws that Ramsey's dogs fall into.  

I don't take personal offense. I just can't comprehend why people who hate something so much continue to do it. I find it humorous now because the comments are so predictable.

And BTW, I have read the books, and the short stories and have the companion app and the Giant world book, and have read every released chapter from TWOW numerous times so I am not a Johnny come lately who doesn't appreciate the source material.

I just think it's funny how the books are thought of as perfect and should never be altered. This is an adaptation, by definition it will be different.

I liked the ToJ scene enough that I was ticked that they cut it off to extend it over more episodes.

Giving Osha and Rickon to Ramsay is annoying - Oh great, more Ramsay torture scenes.

Arya's story is at least moving along. Same can't be said for Mereen. It looked like it would the previous episode with Tyrion and the dragons but they didn't continue with that this week.

I'm still on the fence about the Kings Landing story line. In the books the High Sparrow and his followers had a lot of power thanks to Cersei's lack in judgement. Their power hasn't quite translated to the show it just seems assumed.

I gave it an 8.  I liked the TOJ scene though a few bits irked me...Dayne with 2 swords and nothing spectacularly Dawn-ish about either of them.  BR for the love of the Old Gods let the boy follow him up the steps!  Why 6 vs 2 instead of 7 vs 3? 

I enjoyed Jon ending his watch though it did feel a little anti-climatic.  Why would he give Castle Black to Edd?  Wouldn't there be another choosing? 

I'm excited to see what Arya does next in her training. 

The Little Birds were a nice touch.

I'm a bit put off by the new Cersei & Jaime relationship.  I know their storyline has changed but I still expect some slaps and "I love you too sweet sister" back-and-forth.  Perhaps that's bc of Myrcella's death.

I like the way the Dosh spoke to Dany.  Gave it another perspective.  It was a little low key but I think it's building to something badass (*cough Drogon *cough) so I'm ok with it. 

I think Tyrion's lines were more building too so I don't mind the seemingly pointless wit. 

I don't quite understand the Umber bs...why kill the beast?  Haven't they been with the Umbers all along in the show? 

All-in-all, still looking forward to next week. 

11 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I missed something, when did we see Targaryen soldiers in the show?

I guess that Rhollo refers to the fact that the two KG wore armours with the three headed Targaryen dragon, which is not the standard KG uniform that we had seen so far (with a crown in the armour). There's also no white capes or shields. They are dressed as they could dress any random Targaryen soldier. That, combined with the fact that in the scene it's never mentioned that they are members of the KG, makes their identification impossible .

4 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I just think it's funny how the books are thought of as perfect and should never be altered. This is an adaptation, by definition it will be different.

You are beating a strawman here. Everyone understands that an adaptation for a different medium will be different. People who complain just say that it's different and bad, instead of different and good.

Also, no one thinks the books are perfect. After the publication of each book there's been plenty of criticism of the books in these forums (constructive and otherwise).

Good episode that moved the story forward considerably, despite being a slower paced episode.  This season is on the path to being my favorite so far.  9/10

Edited by sj4iy

6 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

I guess that Rhollo refers to the fact that the two KG wore armours with the three headed Targaryen dragon, which is not the standard KG uniform that we had seen so far (with a crown in the armour). There's also no white capes or shields. They are dressed as they could dress any random Targaryen soldier. That, combined with the fact that in the scene it's never mentioned that they are members of the KG, makes their identification impossible .

You are beating a strawman here. Everyone understands that an adaptation for a different medium will be different. People who complain just say that it's different and bad, instead of different and good.

Also, no one thinks the books are perfect. After the publication of each book there's been plenty of criticism of the books in these forums (constructive and otherwise).

Can we assume that each family in charge would have their own design for Kings guard armor? Targs were in charge so their Kings guard armor represented it? My memory really fails me here, does the current KG armor have any Stag on it?

Also, who would wear a cape in the field while in a war? One more variable to be used against you. I took their look to be showing us that this isn't peace time and the lack of shine and wear represents that.

14 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

And yeah, the only part that frustrates me is I want to be able to access the site and discuss it objectively and there are so many people who have no intention on doing that and the site crashes over and over. I mean, I have never seen so many posters with like 5 comments total. Its like people are just creating new names so they can complain under several names to validate their anger.

47 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Can we assume that each family in charge would have their own design for Kings guard armor? Targs were in charge so their Kings guard armor represented it? My memory really fails me here, does the current KG armor have any Stag on it?

Also, who would wear a cape in the field while in a war? One more variable to be used against you. I took their look to be showing us that this isn't peace time and the lack of shine and wear represents that.

The kinsguard armor we had seen so far had white decorations and a crown in the chest.

Of course the design could have been changed by Robert. And of course it's reasonable not to wear capes in a fight. But the point is that the production failed to identify the two defenders in the tower as members of the kingsguard.

Ramsay is being set up. The people asking why the Umbers would hand over Rickon and Osha sound like a echo chamber of lure hooked carp at this point..."HOOK ON!!" lololol.

I loved this episode, especially Arya's situation which portends to the long awaited return to Westeros for her. The table has been set for generation next with all the plot development for Jon, Arya, Sansa, Rickon and Bran. I couldnt be more pleased.  Also I am happy Doran has been taken out by the Sandsnakes, Roose taken out by Ramsay, Jaime and Cersei plotting again in KL. All going to lead to entertaining plot developments.

Dany's situation is moving slowly this season but thats okay, I havent read any credible posts that have been able to claim they knew each of her steps ahead of time, as it should be.

Also i'm not convinced that was really Shaggy Dog's head. 

Great direction for the whole season, very entertaining, another 10/10 for me, love it.

My favourite of the season so far.

+ Dany finally realising she's in actual danger, Varys back to his best, the High Sparrow, The Queen of Thornes with her killer line best, Arya's storyline I really, really liked, I feel like a lot of imprortant information was in there so need to re-watch it, the Tower of Joy scene, the reintroduction of the Umbers, pretty much everything at the wall. 

- Tyrion - that scene was just a waste and I don't know why it was needed. Shaggydog - I am of the opinion that head was too small to be a dire wolf, but if it is Shaggy and the Umbers really have given Rickon to Ramsay....I hate even contemplating what could happen. Hate it. That second negative is more because of how I don't think I can handle that development, not because the show did it badly. 

So yeah great episode, so much information and insight in to what might come next. Really enjoyed it. 

45 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

The kinsguard armor we had seen so far had white decorations and a crown in the chest.

Of course the design could have been changed by Robert. And of course it's reasonable not to wear capes in a fight. But the point is that the production failed to identify the two defenders in the tower as members of the kingsguard.

I thought they did when they talked about looking for them on the battle field, "why weren't you guarding your Prince... he wanted us here", something to that effect. Yeah, it wasn't clear for sure.

49 minutes ago, The hairy bear said:

It's not so much about identifying them (although I actually had an unsullied asking me today, who these guys were). I just thought their armor looked very plain for members of the KG. It was a ordinary steel breastplate with the Targaryan sigil on it.

GoT usually does very good at the costume/props department, like the current Baratheon KG armor with a lot of decoration and detail.

But maybe Dayne and Whent actually disguised themselfes as ordinary soldiers (this was kind of a secret mission) and aren't wearing the official KG armor. But if it's supposed to be, pretty disappointing imho.