[Poll] How would you rate episode 603?

Ran

How would you rate episode 603?  

417 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

1 hour ago, legba11 said:

With his (again) releasing a chapter seemingly in response to something not well liked on the show, I feel safe in saying Martin has no control of the show and isn't happy with some things.  He won't come out and say it as he is making a fortune off it (and he seems too professional for that type of behavior, even if he can't hit deadlines).

So you are inside GRRM's head and know his motives for releasing a chapter, that had already been leaked before in summary form? And what was not well liked on the show that caused him to do this? Most reviews I have seen were very positive, other than people who never have anything but negatives to say anyway.

2 hours ago, BloodBrother said:

I like Tyrion but that scene wasn't really necessary.  I understand that it was meant to tell us that Missandei speaks 19 languages and that one of them will be pretty useful soon but it could have been brought up differently.  It was a  waste of time.  Same with the scene with Sam.  It lingered for too long just so we would find out that Gilly isn't going to the Citadel.  We could have done without all that puking.  

I liked the Tower of Joy and was pretty sure we wouldn't see it all in one episode just based on the fact that BR doesn't let Bran wander in the past for too long.

I liked the scene with Varys.  Liked the dialog

How on earth do you know what is necessary and what is not?

Most times when people complain about a scene, it turns out to be very important a few episodes later.

Also, scenes like that are often necessary to let the viewers catch their breath. 

The point of that scene is to show how dependent Tyrion is on Varys. He is the only person Tyrion can talk to in Mereen. On top of that we seem to be reaching a crisis point in Tyrion's alcoholism problem.

2 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

Agree with Kit improving with every season. On the contrary, Emilia Clarke has gotten worse and worse. Such a shame.

But I already noticed that Kit killed it back in Season 4 and 5, and he showed some impressive acting skills this last episode.

Well it certainly improved in episode 3. His acting was completely stiff in the first two episodes.

1 hour ago, hallam said:

Most times when people complain about a scene, it turns out to be very important a few episodes later.

Also, scenes like that are often necessary to let the viewers catch their breath. 

The point of that scene is to show how dependent Tyrion is on Varys. He is the only person Tyrion can talk to in Mereen. On top of that we seem to be reaching a crisis point in Tyrion's alcoholism problem.

So, you are telling me that I can't know if the scene is necessary but you are telling me that you know what the scene was trying to achieve?  So I guess we are both talking out of our asses then.

23 hours ago, hallam said:

Well it certainly improved in episode 3. His acting was completely stiff in the first two episodes.

No it doesn't.

People complained about the multiple scenes of Varys and LF being repetitive, and so they were.  They complained about the Pod in the brothel scene being filler, and so it was. They complain about the small council scene in ep. 3 being filler, and so it was because nothing new happened. I don't actually recall any scene that was complained about as filler that turned out to be important, but perhaps I forgot.

If that was the point of the scene, it was very strangely constructed.  I'm embarrassed for the show if there is to be no twist here and we're supposed to think it's legitimate "intelligence" that was uncovered that the other slave cities are funding the former slavers in Meereen.  

On 09/05/2016 at 3:44 PM, Aerys Blackfyre said:

about the Umbers and ramsey...

I think the Umbers will turn on Ramsey, they have a plan! they gave him osha and rickon as a sign of good faith, but they wont allow him to kill them.

proofs?

1. the umber guy refused to swear fielity to the boltons, and you know how important these details/hints are in GOT (a solemn vow is a solemn vow, you know, old gods and so on...) 

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

(of course I might be totally wrong!)

Oh I so hope you're right.  

Episode 3: I'm vacillating between 6 and 7. There weren't any Sand Snakes, which is a plus; but there was a lot that was confusing or underwhelming or both. The pacing was a tad jerky.

The bit with the resurrected Jon seemed rather perfunctory. But I liked the bit at the end (although -- possibly a nitpick -- would Jon have had them hung? Beheading seems more his style (the North and all that). Some decent set-up.

Tower of Joy was OK, but maybe a little underwhelming. They're clearly taking as long as possible for the 'Orrible Revelations in 'Igh Life. The best part being where Bran calls after Ned and Ned acts as though he had heard ... something.

KL: Good standoff between Tommen and HS. I got confused at the Small Council scene. Actually, I wondered a lot of the time what was going on.

Why on earth are the Northern lords so docile in relation to Ramsay? Why is the North so inert? Joffrey was far less a monster than Ramsay *and* in a stronger position; but he was first rebelled against (riots in Season 2) and later killed.

Meereen was also a bit mediocre. Varys was good (well acted); but Tyrion trying to make awkward small talk I don't think we needed.

Arya, on the other hand, was more interesting than in the first two episodes.

Final score (for now): 6.

On 12/05/2016 at 6:26 AM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

The rest of ToJ will obviously be revealed in the next few episodes. George is letting the show spoil/confirm one of the biggest theories ever (R+L). If that's ok with you then that's cool, but George should be doing more to combat big revelations like that. He's more concerned with showing how Dorne is different though...

...And with good reason, any competent author should and would do everything in their power to distance their work from the horrid writing on the show. 

On 5/12/2016 at 5:37 PM, Ingelheim said:

Agree with Kit improving with every season. On the contrary, Emilia Clarke has gotten worse and worse. Such a shame.

But I already noticed that Kit killed it back in Season 4 and 5, and he showed some impressive acting skills this last episode.

Really what you expect her to do anyways when the writers keep making her stiff regal icy Queen who does not show any emotions for three seasons in a row. ...

Whenever she got the opportunity she performed like chaining of dragons .,mossodar trial and in the pit ...even in episode 1 of this season she did good ..they just made her monotonous and simply scrapped any emotions whatsoever dany has and that made Emilia terrible as well ..

Give her good material she will show her skills ...which iam hoping we will be seeing in the next episode 

Kit is been doing good since two swords in my opinion only because his script has been good and there was room given for him to perform ..

Whats happening with Emilia is what happened with Jon in first couple of seasons ...only sad things is they butchered season 2 arc of dany as well .

So I will blame GRRm for halting dany in meereen and D&D for making her monotonous regal queen not Emilia .actually I feel sorry for her .

25 minutes ago, Drogonthedread said:

Really what you expect her to do anyways when the writers keep making her stiff regal icy Queen who does not show any emotions for three seasons in a row. ...

Whenever she got the opportunity she performed like chaining of dragons .,mossodar trial and in the pit ...even in episode 1 of this season she did good ..they just made her monotonous and simply scrapped any emotions whatsoever dany has and that made Emilia terrible as well ..

Give her good material she will show her skills ...which iam hoping we will be seeing in the next episode 

Kit is been doing good since two swords in my opinion only because his script has been good and there was room given for him to perform ..

Whats happening with Emilia is what happened with Jon in first couple of seasons ...only sad things is they butchered season 2 arc of dany as well .

So I will blame GRRm for halting dany in meereen and D&D for making her monotonous regal queen not Emilia .actually I feel sorry for her .

Dont shes an abysmal actress Terminator Genisys proves it.

33 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Dont shes an abysmal actress Terminator Genisys proves it.

Guess pompeii proves kit as an terrible actor then ...its amazing how Emilia is blamed for that movie when she is the one of the few better things in that .

Another funny thing is those who keep ranting about show see nothing wrong in how dany is written and how much she is differnt from the books..or its OK if you don't like the characters

Edited by Drogonthedread

On 5/11/2016 at 9:08 PM, Cas Stark said:

Dany will get to Westeros, this isn't even really an open question.  We know it from what the author has said, we know from his original trilogy vision, we know it if we have any common sense at all.

Quite frankly, I doubt very many viewers or readers much care how she gets to Westeros, the only real question is will she leave Meereen/Slaver's Bay better than she found it, or a smoking ruin.  Beyond that, it's irrelevant to the story,.

Regarding your first point that is why I blame GRRm for taking the five year gap away ..he gave away that she will go to westeros and still making her plot stall so that others can catch up .

About having common sense to these things that didn't stop many doubting Jon will not come back .

On 5/10/2016 at 1:46 AM, JonSnow4President said:

So, if he's setting Ramsey up, he's just giving them the heir to Winterfell, assuming someone who is more treacherous than any of us is okay with a regular wolf head instead of a direwolf, and never did anything to try and reinstall the Starks (or leverage his possession of Rickon into power for his family).  So even if it's a setup, it still makes no damn sense. 

Yeah.  Who could have predicted her being taken to the Dhos Khaleen (EVERYONE), recite her titles in deadpan voice (EVERYONE), and magically be protected from Dothraki rape by the Dothraki not acting like Dothraki (only people critical of D&D's consistency).  I've seen all of those posted before the trailer for this season comes out (reciting titles is more just a broader joke that she only does that, but I'm counting it...). You really need to spend more time on this forum if Dany's story is unpredictable for you. Through 3 episodes, everything Dany has been done boils down to those 3 things.  

About your point dany plot armored not getting raped..well she was raped very early in the first chapters and episodes ...unfortunately her last name is not a stark so backlash is less compared to it ..

Is it that surprising that every dothraki have  different character and beliefs ..the one khal we saw respects the culture and other khals and dothraki may not respect the culture much and threaten her with rape ( which we will be seeing in next episode ) ..

And can't you predict what's going to happen with Jon ,arya ,sansa ,Jamie and brienne.

One can predict and outline all the plots once they know all the info from books ,interviews of Grrm ,and following filming and trailers and speculations ..

Personally l can't wait to see how many people will be wrong next episode who are expecting drogon to burn down the hut 

Edited by Drogonthedread

1 hour ago, Drogonthedread said:

Guess pompeii proves kit as an terrible actor then ...its amazing how Emilia is blamed for that movie when she is the one of the few better things in that .

Another funny thing is those who keep ranting about show see nothing wrong in how dany is written and how much she is differnt from the books..or its OK if you don't like the characters

Pompeii was a bad movie, but Kit was not bad in it.  Terminator was a bad movie and Emilia was VERY bad in it, when you are out acted by Arnold playing a robot...that's bad.  I absolutely feel that Kit has improved as an actor, he's no Marlon Brando and never will be, but he's improved...Emilia, same as she ever was and has been terrible in everything else she's done so far.

A lot of fans lack common sense.  I also thought that GRRM should have kept the 5 year gap...he's still freaking writing himself out of it 3 books later.  But, I still think it was pretty much a given all along that Dany would reach Westeros, even if you don't read any spoilers about GRRM plans, etc.  Same for Jon.  The idea that Jon was dead and his story finished was also obviously, glaringly wrong.  I'm not a fan of Jon dying since I think it means he's dies for good at the end...but he was always coming back from the stabbing.

Oh I think Drogon will burn the hut down.

I can't complain of Dany's show plot armor since her book plot armor is twice as thick.  LOL.

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Pompeii was a bad movie, but Kit was not bad in it.  Terminator was a bad movie and Emilia was VERY bad in it, when you are out acted by Arnold playing a robot...that's bad.  I absolutely feel that Kit has improved as an actor, he's no Marlon Brando and never will be, but he's improved...Emilia, same as she ever was and has been terrible in everything else she's done so far.

A lot of fans lack common sense.  I also thought that GRRM should have kept the 5 year gap...he's still freaking writing himself out of it 3 books later.  But, I still think it was pretty much a given all along that Dany would reach Westeros, even if you don't read any spoilers about GRRM plans, etc.  Same for Jon.  The idea that Jon was dead and his story finished was also obviously, glaringly wrong.  I'm not a fan of Jon dying since I think it means he's dies for good at the end...but he was always coming back from the stabbing.

Oh I think Drogon will burn the hut down.

I can't complain of Dany's show plot armor since her book plot armor is twice as thick.  LOL.

Well I cant take anyone series who complain about plot armor ..IMO they should never read a fantasy series if they don't like that there are protagonists of whom the story is based ..

Regarding terminator that comes under your personal opinion right.

I have to ask are you guys really think that Emilia was given much to work with .

1 minute ago, Drogonthedread said:

Well I cant take anyone series who complain about plot armor ..IMO they should never read a fantasy series if they don't like that there are protagonists of whom the story is based ..

Regarding terminator that comes under your personal opinion right.

I have to ask are you guys really think that Emilia was given much to work with .

The thing is she is better in GOT than anything else, which suggests that one of her only talents is the deadpan regal delivery, and the long mournful gaze.  

Plot armor is a real thing, it isn't so much that some people will live to the end, it's when they get all kinds of unearned plot gifts and when they get into too many deadly situations but are always unscathed.  So, Dany careening around Essos, failing and failing but still she gets a sellsword army, soon will have an IB navy and a Dothraki army, locks up her dragons but they will eventually still fight for her...is plot armor because all of these things come too easy to her just in the nick of time when she needs them.  

But yes this is all my personal opinion, though I'm hard pressed to understand anyone who watched Terminator and thought 'there is some top flight acting right there, LOL.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The thing is she is better in GOT than anything else, which suggests that one of her only talents is the deadpan regal delivery, and the long mournful gaze.  

Plot armor is a real thing, it isn't so much that some people will live to the end, it's when they get all kinds of unearned plot gifts and when they get into too many deadly situations but are always unscathed.  So, Dany careening around Essos, failing and failing but still she gets a sellsword army, soon will have an IB navy and a Dothraki army, locks up her dragons but they will eventually still fight for her...is plot armor because all of these things come too easy to her just in the nick of time when she needs them.  

But yes this is all my personal opinion, though I'm hard pressed to understand anyone who watched Terminator and thought 'there is some top flight acting right there, LOL.

I never said she was great in terminator did I .no one could have saved that movie and that script let alone Emilia ..iam against blaming her alone..

And dany alone gets the plot armor right... So much for plot armor and gifts most of the people assume she is mad and will be a villain .

You know what iam going to wait till today's episode and hope to god that D&D give her something to work with and scene is on the same level of dracarys episode ..and go watch me before you when it releases next month..

Good speaking with you .