Jon's attitude at the end

jbob

5 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Its not an inconsistency.

Its explained by Thorne a number of times this season. He said he didn't disobey orders, which is why he let Jon through. 

I don't think it's an inconsistency, but I do think it's an odd character trait to always follow your lord's commands, but not flinch from assassinating him. I guess Jon should have given Thorne a standing order not to murder him.

And in any case it's still better than the last Jon chapter in Dance. :D

14 hours ago, Greg B said:

I don't think it's an inconsistency, but I do think it's an odd character trait to always follow your lord's commands, but not flinch from assassinating him. I guess Jon should have given Thorne a standing order not to murder him.

And in any case it's still better than the last Jon chapter in Dance. :D

Actually it is completely realistic.

The last words of something like a third of murder victims to their assailant are 'go ahead shoot me then' or the like. 

19 minutes ago, hallam said:

Actually it is completely realistic.

The last words of something like a third of murder victims to their assailant are 'go ahead shoot me then' or the like. 

Have you witnessed very many of these occasions or do you have a source for this statement?

16 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Have you witnessed very many of these occasions or do you have a source for this statement?

I work with law enforcement. Someone did a study on how not to get shot and interviewed police, prosecutors, etc.

Most people who get murdered and the people who kill them have very low IQs...

I don't see the point. Jon executing his killers and then leaving looks pretty logical to me. Besides his duty as LC, he was raised by Ned to be the one to execute the verdict (--> the VERY beginning of the story, first episode, Jon says it himself), not doing it would be SO out-of-character! Just stomping off angrily to WF, leaving matters unfinished behind would be rather strange. He'd leave this task to the remaining men, which is... not Jon. And then the show would have to pick up on that with a scene without Jon, because obviously they would have to depict the traitor's (Olly!) fates for the audience, just leaving them in jail and forgetting about them would be too lazy, even for D&D. But as stated in the beginning - Jon would ALWAYS be the one to execute the verdict, it was set in the very beginning.

Didn't they hang them out of character? Jon liked his Longclaw, fetch the block, it's chopping time? I mean a big Icewall and crows. It just wasn't Excalibur, that scene was haunting, those nightmares, eyeball snacks. Hanging medivally, is just a little bit PC today? They use to leave them in a cage first, then it was drawn and quartered, what was the tower o'london for, in any other heads on spikes? :P

lol jbob,  I came back to this thread to see what people thought about Jon last episode and after reading your OP i hoped you had come back to post again.  Did not disappoint.  Holy shit what a disappointment.   D&D are throwing character right out the window just so they can make these dramatic twists to fill a couple of episodes, rather than say actually discuss all the issues the people at the wall have to talk about.   They could talk about a million things, instead we got:

• Going to get warm
  • This is good soup
  • I was so mean to you
  • Tired of fighting
  • Why would I want to save Rickon or anyone else for that matter?

Womp womp

Archived