Whats the worst that can happen?

norwaywolf123

- What is the things that irk you most?

- What is the thing you like the least or hate the most?

- What is the worst outcome ASOIAF can have?

- What is the most unrealistic irritating thing about the books or series?

- Who would you like least to sit the IRONTHRONE? Are they alive now? Or will they be born later in the series? Which is worst?

For me it is

- Jon Snow+Daenerys

- Tyrion as lord of Casterly Rock

- Jon Snow on the Ironthrone

- Tyrion on the Ironthrone

- Whitewalker or Children of the forest victory over humanity

- The thought that Daenerys will win everything in essos. That she will invade westeros with an army of horse savages, and other foreigners. "I hope she burns down the dothraki scorge. and i think the reason she will go to Westeros is becouse she will LOSE against the slavers. Free cities like Pentos, Tyrosh and Lys WILL support fAegon Targaryen Blackfyre.

- THe idea that the Lannisters MUST be punished

- That the Red god, Rhullur will become more popular. THis is the most stupid thing ever

- The fact that ironborn still exist. I am shocked that there have been no crusades or jihads against them

- Robb Stark "I just don't like him"

- Cersei survives "i don't like her"

- The thought that becouse the Freys broke guest right they ought to be wiped out be they man, woman, child or babe. "The Freys will most likely pay in some way or another but hey will still be around. They are a relatively recent/new house who deals with discrimination becouse of it, thats why they are so angrey about being pissed at all the time by everyone"

- The idea that the northmen/riverlanders aka Stark&Tully were more honorble than the Westermen/Crownlandersa aka Lannisters, yes the Lannisters started it but becouse on side is behaving wrong does not make it ok for you to do the same! But what do i know? it is mostly peasants who feal the pain.....

- Dorne in general

- What is the things that irk you most?

- What is the thing you like the least or hate the most? 

Well these two are basically the same question … so Jon's 'death' (because it was fairly obvious he won't die or will die and come back so it's not this big twist…GRRM won't break the stereotype that the young classical hero doesn't die in the middle of the series + cheap trick to make him out of the Nightwatch without looking like an oathbreaker because the classical hero is too honorable for that), Dorne (the whole thing), Sansa and Sandor as the paradygm of beauty and the beast, Daenerys romanticizing her relationship with K.Drogo from rapist to my sun and stars I'll always love you in 0.3 chapters, Tyrion losing himself into wine and becoming darker after he was told Tysha wasn't a whore and Jamie lied to him it's getting too long and boring: bring Danaerys and the other characters to / back to Westeros.

It also irks me that Daenerys gets a lot of love because she's the mother of dragons. I'm fine with people loving her for other qualities (or even with people loving her just because they love her... I mean often people fall in love with characters instinctly and everyone loves who they love, I'm a 'love and let love' person) but I honestly don't get the 'but she's the mother of dragons' argument and I find it annoying. It's not like she did anything in particular to be the mother of dragons, she didn't fight a war or solve a riddle or discover that they should be mothered in a peculiar way or anything else, it's not like she really earned it, it basically was her destiny…she didn't get the dragons because she was respected or because she did something great, it was the other way round, being the mother of dragons helped her to gain respect she coulnd't earn without them, without the dragons she would be nothing (and she isn't even that good at handling them) so I don't get all the fuss about her being the mother of dragons. 

Personally, I didn't like AFFC and ADWD part one, I found them so different, less compelling and 'failing to keep it all together' that I think it was partly written by a ghost writer.

- What is the worst outcome ASOIAF can have?

Jon Targaryen marrying Daenerys or Sansa and sitting on the IronThrone, Tyrion dead because the ugly one has to become more and more the anti-villain and die for heroes have to be young and easy on the eye, all the poor dragons dead because GRRM wouldn't know what to do of them if they survived, Arya dead because she's too much an outcast and she wouldn't fit in the new realm, Cersei and Jamie diying at the same time or one killing the other or committing suicide together. 

All the above listed things would be so clichè I could barely tolerate reading even one of them.

I also wouldn't like everyone to be dead in the end. Unlikely if you ask me, but I wouldn't like it.

I also wouldn't like a love triangle involving Jon, Tyrion + female. I know GRRM initially wanted it to be Jon+Tyrion+Arya. I hope he abandoned the idea and he won't go for Jon+Tyrion+Daenerys or Jon+Tyrion+Sansa. Whomever each of them end up with (if they are alive and meant to be with somebody), just please GRRM, no triangles.

- What is the most unrealistic irritating thing about the books or series?

As a general consideration, the fact GRRM says he dislikes genre stereotypes but the books are literally full of them.

Specifically, there are a few, but given that it's the one with the biggest impact, I'd say Jon's resurrection. I know it was on the show only and it hasn't happened in the books yet, but I think there are chances that we'll get that in the books as well (things will not unfold the same way, but it doesn't matter because what I don't like is the resurrection in itself). The deaths have to be final to be credible. I don't like these extreme 'deus ex machina' mechanisms.

- Who would you like least to sit the IRONTHRONE? Are they alive now? Or will they be born later in the series? Which is worst?

Jon or Daenerys, but I don't think she will (I think she will die) so Jon. I wouldn't like Littlefinger sitting on it either, even if I recognize he's clever, so I still would prefer him to Jon or Daenerys. I'm fine with everyone else sitting on the throne, I don't care that much, I think the characters can 'win' or 'lose' regardless to the IT battle. We  don't even know if the IT will really stand in the end.

53 minutes ago, RoamingRonin said:

Time travel.

The books end with a hint that everything that has transpired will happen again similar to Battlestar Galatica. Google "Eternal Return" for reference.

I agree! 100 %

Eta- though I didn't get the impression that it was a "hint" I felt like they straight up told us it was going to repeat.

While there are certainly some fan theories here that I like a lot more than others, George has yet to let me down with ASOIAF.  Some books are better than others, some characters are better than others but whatever happens in the remaining two+ books, I'm fairly confident it will be well written and enjoyable.  I guess worst case for me is that it never gets written, because I'm sure my head cannon won't be as good as the real thing.

Worst case scenarios:

• Whoever sits the Iron Throne being backed by Rhollr
  • Jon being any kind of Lord or King outside of being Lord Commander
  • Dany never getting to Westeros, or taking Westeros with too much external force and not enough internal support
  • Illyrio and Varys not being outed for the consquences of their decisions to cause chaos and war and weaken the realm
  • This is a weird one, but I actually don't ever want to know if Aegon is real or not, same goes for is the Dragonknight was Daeron the good's father. I think in their cases its far more that people believe things are true or not.
  • Stannis burning Shireen being in the books. Originally Stannis was an excellent ruler in many ways, fair, selfless, just, loyal and wise. But in attaining the throne he was forced to sacrifice many of these qualities. That, for me, is the great irony of his character. However for me this crossed the line. I don't want him to go from struggling with burning Edric storm for months to suddenly deciding to burn his only known heir and possibly the only person he truly loves, just to fulfill his ambition.

Things that happen in the books that I dislike

Characters just bumping into each other randomly. Westeros is a continent, but characters do occasionally just bump into eachother for little reason. Sam and Bran happened to hit the nightfort within a few days of eachother after weeks of trying to find it? Then Sam bumps into Jon's other brother Arya? He's making Brienne look pretty incompetent at finding Sansa. It happens a few times in A Song of Ice and Fire, but not as often as many other series so I don't mind that much.

2 hours ago, Ser Morbid said:

Stannis being skinned alive by ramsey. Normally I dont mind ramsey flaying anyone including theon but i would hate if stannis would die during ramsey's special treatment

hopefully Jon Snow, Mance Rayder, Val, Tormund, Wun Wun, Asha, Tycho Nestoris can get speical treatment from Ramsay. And Theon needs to come home to rosy Ramsay.

Theon dying by anyone's hand but his own.

I personally want him to become master of his own destiny, instead of being slave of the circumstances like he was all his life, and once he feels redeemed and accomplished by his actions, I want him to drown himself by walking into the sea.

27 minutes ago, Sullen said:

Theon dying by anyone's hand but his own.

I personally want him to become master of his own destiny, instead of being slave of the circumstances like he was all his life, and once he feels redeemed and accomplished by his actions, I want him to drown himself by walking into the sea.

I hate it when characters do that kind of thing. If a character redeems themself it should be through living a life dedicated to making up for their mistakes and being a better person. No death could make up for what Theon did to Robb or the baker's boys so he has to try to keep living to make up for it. Suicide is the cowards way out, and a dramatic self-sacrificing death is too easy for that kind of character.

If Barristan had decided to kill himself for abandoning Dany and joining the Userper's kingsguard Dany would have been killed by the Titan's Bastard. If he decided that saving her from Mero was enough to make up for failing to do that and killed himself Hizdahr would probably have surrendered Meereen. Plenty of characters have gone from treachery to heroism, and for me that's a more sensible and dramatic choice than just killing them off.

1 hour ago, Aduro said:

I hate it when characters do that kind of thing. If a character redeems themself it should be through living a life dedicated to making up for their mistakes and being a better person. No death could make up for what Theon did to Robb or the baker's boys so he has to try to keep living to make up for it. Suicide is the cowards way out, and a dramatic self-sacrificing death is too easy for that kind of character.

there is no definition one redemtion, you just have to take what you get

1 hour ago, Aduro said:

If Barristan had decided to kill himself for abandoning Dany and joining the Userper's kingsguard Dany would have been killed by the Titan's Bastard. If he decided that saving her from Mero was enough to make up for failing to do that and killed himself Hizdahr would probably have surrendered Meereen. Plenty of characters have gone from treachery to heroism, and for me that's a more sensible and dramatic choice than just killing them off.

Heroic for one side or family?! So Barristan the Bold is heroic becouse he supports daenerys.

R+L=J

Jon+Dany

Jon, Dany or Tyrion sit on IT

Any Lannister is a Targaryen.

Dragons stay loyal to Dany and all survive.

Others turn out to be plain evil.

Boltons defeat Stannis.

Aegon turns out to be unimportant.

Cersei lives too long (too long is more than 1 chapter, I really cant stand her anymore).

Both Jaime and Brienne survive LSH.

Burning of Shireen.

Archived