Rickon is the Ghost of Winterfell.......

stu gots

Umbers are playing the Boltons..
That wasn't shaggy dog..
Rickon gets thrown in a cell (the umbers know that ramsay wont straight up kill rickon because he needs the support of other northern houses), every night he wargs into shaggy dog and starts picking off bolton men...
Rickon effectively becomes the ghost of winterfell...

Does this seem plausible to anyone else?

no, D&D are kind of straightforward in their "lets feed another Stark to horrible fate and Ramsey" thing.

Last season, people were hoping for Sansa to become "ghost of winterfell", we all know how Sansa fared. And Rickon is much more minor character than Sansa, so his (and Osha's) survival is really in doubt here. 

And Shaggydog is pretty much headless at this point.

I can see it being plausible. The head did appear to be quite a lot smaller than a regular Dire Wolf and I refuse to believe Rickon comes back just to die. However, I have a few very large issues.

Ramsay now has a reputation for being unpredictable. The Umbers know he killed Roose. Why would the Umbers risk Rickon? Its an extremely large gamble that I dont believe anyone would take.

Rickon is worth more dead. He doesnt need a Stark anymore, for all intents purposes, he has Sansa who will give him an heir. He has a few of the northern houses under his control and the previous episode set that up, most importantly the Karstarks. Why give them someone to rally behind? Why wouldnt you just kill him and be done with it?

Maybe this will form a portion of the Pink Letter where Ramsay taunts Jon with Rickon? If so, again, why wouldnt you just flay him and tell Jon you want to trade Rickon for Sansa and Reek, Jon rocks up, Rickons already dead.

It just makes no sense to me, why Ramsay keeps Rickon alive. He simply doesnt need him.

Grasping at straws, it won't happen.

1 hour ago, Masha said:

no, D&D are kind of straightforward in their "lets feed another Stark to horrible fate and Ramsey" thing.

Last season, people were hoping for Sansa to become "ghost of winterfell", we all know how Sansa fared. And Rickon is much more minor character than Sansa, so his (and Osha's) survival is really in doubt here. 

Pretty much this.

1 hour ago, Masha said:

4 minutes ago, Chett said:

Grasping at straws, it won't happen.

Pretty much this.

Well they did claim for a year that Jon was dead and not coming back, even though everyone and their mother knew he was coming back. I'm honestly don't know, but I wouldn't put it past them. This would be a far better ruse.

Nah for some reason the Northern conspiracy plot has been largely ignored by the showrunners

Rickon is just a hostage in the same vein as Sansa to Ramsay

He might even kill him since Rickon has a much stronger claim to Winterfell than a legitamized bastard who married his sister 

2 hours ago, stu gots said:

Umbers are playing the Boltons..
That wasn't shaggy dog..
Rickon gets thrown in a cell (the umbers know that ramsay wont straight up kill rickon because he needs the support of other northern houses), every night he wargs into shaggy dog and starts picking off bolton men...
Rickon effectively becomes the ghost of winterfell...

Does this seem plausible to anyone else?

Sounds good to me ...but being a non book reader I have know idea .

I'm not yet sure this is what it seems to be. There would have been far easier ways to dispose of Rickon and as I said before, to me he didn't look too upset about Shaggy's head, which makes me question if that's shaggy at all. It might be, of course, I would not be surprised if that was just art Parkinson being a horrible actor. 

We will see. It'll be quite poor if he was just brought back to die, because it's kinda sorta a plothole like that. 

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

We will see. It'll be quite poor if he was just brought back to die, because it's kinda sorta a plothole like that. 

It's not a plothole. Rickon went to the Umbers. The Umbers are facing a potential wildling invasion they can't fend off on their own. They need to get Winterfell on their side, but Winterfell is in Ramsay's hands. So either they remain Stark loyalists and see their lands savaged, or they sacrifice Rickon in order to save their lands.

I don't like it. But it doesn't mean it's a plothole. And even if Rickon were to turn into the Ghost of Winterfell, we're deluding ourselves if we believe he'll survive this season.

Damn. At this point, I think we're deluding ourselves if we believe a Stark will ever kill Ramsay.

Rickon is marked for death. That's Shaggy's head. Go back and look at the size of Ghost as he's laying next to Jon just before the resurrection/wake up.  Ghosts head looks nowhere near the size of grey winds at the red wedding. And I believe that Rickon probably already knew SD was dead. They should have played the scene better by having Rickon (the wildest of all the stark kids) make a lunge at Umber like they had punk ass Olly do when the wildlings storm castle black.  But clearly they left it undefined to generate discussion like this. But we'll see Ramsey taunting/torturing Rickon and/or Osha soon for confirmation. Rickon may be spared but Osha is definitely getting flayed. 

Id certainly like to hope theyd make Rickon into the Ghost of Winterfell. Youd like to think hes not being brought back just to be killed, but with D&Ds track record its highly unlikely unfortunately. Now that Arya has been training youd think theyd want to take advantage of a revengeful Stark who goes around killing Boltons. My first reaction was the head was too small, and Rickon's reaction was a little weak. I can definitely see the Umbers setting Ramsay up since they havent established whether the Greatjon died at the Twins. Its interesting that they refuse to kneel or swear fealty, so they trick Ramsay into helping them. Ramsay will goad the wildling and Jon to come to WF and the Umbers can let Ramsay's army numbers dwindle then betray him.

Its what I want to believe, but D&D I have no faith in, so my expectations are hes there to be chopped up and pieces sent to the Wall and ultimately flayed for Sansa and Jon to see..another character just up for the slaughter as if we needed more reasons to hate Ramsay. No one even cared much about Walda but knowing her and her newborn were fed to dogs was plenty

7 hours ago, Misnthropia said:

I can see it being plausible. The head did appear to be quite a lot smaller than a regular Dire Wolf and I refuse to believe Rickon comes back just to die. However, I have a few very large issues.

Ramsay now has a reputation for being unpredictable. The Umbers know he killed Roose. Why would the Umbers risk Rickon? Its an extremely large gamble that I dont believe anyone would take.

Rickon is worth more dead. He doesnt need a Stark anymore, for all intents purposes, he has Sansa who will give him an heir. He has a few of the northern houses under his control and the previous episode set that up, most importantly the Karstarks. Why give them someone to rally behind? Why wouldnt you just kill him and be done with it?

Maybe this will form a portion of the Pink Letter where Ramsay taunts Jon with Rickon? If so, again, why wouldnt you just flay him and tell Jon you want to trade Rickon for Sansa and Reek, Jon rocks up, Rickons already dead.

It just makes no sense to me, why Ramsay keeps Rickon alive. He simply doesnt need him.

But what if Ramsay corrupts Rickon, I mean like having a Stark be Lord of Winterfell and declare Ramsay Warden Of the North or even King in the North will do wonders for Ramsay. Plus it would be a really interesting plotline.

And why do people keep giving D&D shit, yeah I understand dorne was shit but you can't expect a perfect writing when these guys have been non-stop writing/directing/working excluding all the family time ALL YEAR LONG SINCE 2011

8 hours ago, Misnthropia said:

Ramsay can't make an heir without Sansa's actual vagina, which he has no access to at present.

He needs Rickon for bait to get Sansa back. 

And where would you suggest that Ramsay send that pink letter, if he wants it to go to Jon?

I have no doubt Jon will eventually know.... as will Sansa. But Rickon is worth way more alive at this point. 

6 hours ago, Pies are coming said:

Damn. At this point, I think we're deluding ourselves if we believe a Stark will ever kill Ramsay.

Ramsay is also marked for eventual death, now that we have Euron. 

There must always be an evil insane psychopath in ASOIAF...... Joffrey, Ramsay, Euron, ???.....

Everyone commenting that Rickon didn't look that upset about fShaggy/Shaggy's head, keep in mind this is the youngest and the wildest Stark child who saw death and experienced separation at a young age. He might not react in the same way Sweet Robin would but don't speculate that it's fShaggy because the reaction isn't what you'd expect. 

I'm team fShaggy because I'm over Ramsay Sue and want a twist that will wipe the smile off his face. Joffrey and Ramsay, two good villains that have really been brought to life on the show...but enough is enough. Stop declaring The North Remembers unless it means something. :angry2:

Mind you, Dorne disappointed us all so maybe I'll find myself disappointed by the end. If I am, so be it.

Been a while since I read ADWD, but I thought the Ghost In Winterfell was referring to Theon and it's the Hooded Man and his group of Washerwomen killing everyone? 

Anyway. I highly doubt it. Someone mentioned above they seem set on only having Bran warg. Not only that, but it'd be a terrible idea. If they were in a forest it could work. Warging and picking off random people, but they are inside Winterfell with a lot of people around. Shaggy would be dead meat straight away. How could they possible hide him from anyone?  As soon as he is spotted he gets shot down by a bunch of archers. 

I think there is a better chance of Stannis playing this role, but I don't think that's happening either. 

Don't think so. If he could warg, he could try something if/when Ramsay takes him to the kennels to scare him off, by controling Ramsay's own dogs, but since only Bran is a warg/greenseer/time lord, he can't do anything to Ramsay or his people.

The actor said in a recent interview that the producers told him SD was dead, so it's the real head, not a fake one. And Ghost's head is similar in size with the one presented in the show. Plus we don't know how long ago they killed him. Maybe it was growing at the time. Grey Wind is the only direfolf that was presented accuratedly in the show, so it was bigger(and only in that scene when he is visiting Jaime in the cage, he's smaller at the Twins). Ghost is a little larger than an actual wolf.  The bigger the dragons got, the smaller they made the direwolfs. 

Ramsay will scare him by flaying Osha in front of him(we see him flaying someone in one of the trailers), and in a later episode use him for target practice. I hope he gets to see an unicorn in the book before dying. 

I was hoping Theon would return 'home' to WF and be the ghost himself, but the promo for the next week episode shows him with his sister. 

I think D&D want to present Euron as an asshole by making fun of Theon during the kingsmoot. He could say that his sister has more balls than him. Or give him the box with his member stil in it. Or maybe both. There has been a penis(or lack of one) joke every episode so far. I think they are aiming for 10/10, with at least one per episode.

No warging, no SD, no Theon, no free Osha, no undercover wildlings, no ghost of WF.

Jon is likelier to be the ghost in Winterfell. Now that he left the Wall, he'll go to Winterfell (because where else would he go) see what's been happening there, sneak in to assert the situation and he will end up killing a few people. No one there knows how he looks like. He sees Ramsay kill Rickon which prompts him to seek righteous vengeance. So he sneaks out and goes and gathers the wildlings, and whatever northern houses decide to join him, and Bastard Bowl 2016 begins. 

Archived