Can we expect Rikon to die in this episode?

Drogo_1

Can we expect Rikon to die in this episode? I really hope that the wolfs head that Umber slapped on the table was not Shaggydog. It didn't seem big enough to be a direwolf, however when I was re-watching the episode it did look about the same size as Ghosts head. I have a feeling that the bastard is going to kill him quickly. There is no purpose for keeping him alive it would only undermine the Bastards credibility as the Warden of the North. So am I alone in thinking that poor little Rikon is going to end up flayed in this episode? Or is this an elaborate ruse by the show to ultimately have the Umber's with Rikon's help retake winterfell?

Thoughts?..........

That was definitely Shaggydog, friend. But, no, Rickon will likely stay alive for bargaining purposes or something else he might have up his sleeve. Ramsay isn't as brash as people think him to be. He's very meticulous with how he works and everything he does is for a reason. You could see his discomfort last season when he was told that he was going to get a brother, AKA Roose Bolton's legitimate son. He might have been a Bolton and not a Snow, but from that moment he knew he would have to kill both his father and the baby. He's planned every moment from when he first kidnapped Theon to now. A big setback for him was Sansa and Reek escaping, but he's been level headed over the course of it all. Ramsay is very interesting in the freaky, psycho killer way, but also in the ruthless and powerful ruler way, as well. 

Also, if another Stark dies, I will riot.

1 hour ago, King Onion Knight said:

I think if he does die, it will be Episode 9.

Agreed that what ever happens to him will be in episode 9, The Battle of The Bastards.

To look at the end game, I have a hard time believing he dies though. There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. So lets take a look at who may survive, and where they end up at.

GRRM has stated that the ending will be bittersweet, so you know we will lose at least one or two of our heroes. There are going to be a few seats to fill, and sure, Jon could end up giving House Bolton to an ally like Giantsbane  But lets consider all of the houses that may end up leaderless.

House Bolton: Can not believe that The North would ever let this house be without a Stark ally

House Karstark: Book readers know that Jon has made end roads toward an alliance here. The show has not followed that plot line, so this house is undecided.

House Frey: The revenge factor makes one wonder who will be in charge on The Twins, The North Remembers.

House Umber: Really dont like where the show has gone here, but am willing to let this play out. Could there be a need for a change of leadership in this house?

House Mormont: Currently led by a 9 your old girl.

There are several other houses that I will not go into, but you all know who they are. Tradition is to unite through manage or flat out domination.

So, Who is to remain Warden of The North at House Stark?  If Jon lives is he a Stark? A Targ? Does he rule in KL? I do not see him as the Lord of Winterfell. Sansa will end up being a powerful Lady of one of the houses. The girl with no name will not end up being The Lady of Winterfell. Bran would be a good guess based upon him being the in charge when Theon took over, but does story lead elsewhere? The final Stark is Rikon. Knowing GRRMs penchant for plot twists, would it really surprise you if the least likely ends up being the Lord of House Winterfell?

4 hours ago, Drogo_1 said:

Can we expect Rikon to die in this episode? I really hope that the wolfs head that Umber slapped on the table was not Shaggydog. It didn't seem big enough to be a direwolf, however when I was re-watching the episode it did look about the same size as Ghosts head. I have a feeling that the bastard is going to kill him quickly. There is no purpose for keeping him alive it would only undermine the Bastards credibility as the Warden of the North. So am I alone in thinking that poor little Rikon is going to end up flayed in this episode? Or is this an elaborate ruse by the show to ultimately have the Umber's with Rikon's help retake winterfell?

Thoughts?..........

We cannot. That's an episode 9 death. 

No. He won't die this episode. But if the show runners were being consistent, Ramsey will have already flayed him just a little...  But I think Osha will get the flaying while Rickon will get the psychological torture. 

Spoiler

And for all the shaggydog doubters, Art Parkinson, I believe that's his name, the kid who plays Rickon has confirmed in an interview that that's indeed shaggydog's head.  So they were 6 scared pups in the snow.  Only 3 remain.

ok so:

Spoiler

when battle of bastard begin, and both armies meet them in the ground ramsay let rickon free  to join his family. When he will be almost with jon ramsay will shot him from bow and kill him

that's what i heard 

very, very sad

but another question what will manderly do? maybe that will be the moment when they turn against the boltons

1 hour ago, Battle Kitten said:

Whenever a direwolf dies, a Stark goes.  So, I bet he dies this season but not until later.  

Sadly, I agree. I think both Rickon and Sansa are on borrowed time. Sansa has the potential for a 'better' future, but after all that's happened, what kind of man would Rickon grow up to be?

Archived