Can we expect Rikon to die in this episode?

Drogo_1

5 hours ago, jmasca7 said:

Rickon will be toast in Ep. 9. 

Bolton - Umber - Karkstark - Manderly vs Jon/Wildlings - Mormont - Cerwyn - Hornwood - Sansa/Littlefinger/Vale

I firmly believe that Manderlys will switch sides.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-casting-two-more-northern-noblemen-for-season-6/

Look at a "Fletcher" character. I will eat my hat if it's not Wyman Manderly.

47 minutes ago, Chett said:

I firmly believe that Manderlys will switch sides.

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-casting-two-more-northern-noblemen-for-season-6/

Look at a "Fletcher" character. I will eat my hat if it's not Wyman Manderly.

Unless the show screws things up (like it tends to do), I don't see any logical reason why anyone would want to fight on Ramseys side once Jon and Sansa make their appearance.  Especially if Bran also makes his way back south.  It's essentially going to be the Stark household against Ramsey, and I would like to think the Northern houses would side with Jon, considering how well respected Ned and Co. where.

On 5/10/2016 at 5:37 PM, Drogo_1 said:

Can we expect Rikon to die in this episode? I really hope that the wolfs head that Umber slapped on the table was not Shaggydog. It didn't seem big enough to be a direwolf, however when I was re-watching the episode it did look about the same size as Ghosts head. I have a feeling that the bastard is going to kill him quickly. There is no purpose for keeping him alive it would only undermine the Bastards credibility as the Warden of the North. So am I alone in thinking that poor little Rikon is going to end up flayed in this episode? Or is this an elaborate ruse by the show to ultimately have the Umber's with Rikon's help retake winterfell?

Thoughts?..........

There is the true history of Westeros (the books) and the revisionist history of Westeros (the show) so don't worry about Rickon what ever happens to him in the show isn't real. I'll stick the facts as being reported by Grand Maester Martin and not rickety old Nan-D&D's silly bed time story. They're just trying to scare you.

8 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

That should be an easy victory for the Boltons then. The strongest houses in the North against some undisciplined wildlings and a few other weaker houses.

that's what they thought at the battle of  Stirling Bridge, and many other epic battles where one side had less people and less discipline and still carried the day. Even though D&d are at the helm, I still think that since George is a fan of history, it wouldn't shock me to see a victory against what appears to be insurmountable odds. Plus Jon has a giant...and a witch...and a direwolf...and (I Hope) a chunk of Ramsays men that are going to turn cloak on the battlefield like another famous war of the roses battle I can think of (the battle of Bosworth Field). Buuut its D&d so Georges love of history may not play into it much.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, Yoren "The Wanderly Crow" said:

There must always be a Stark in winterfell true, and if they kill of Rickon you would say its the end of the Stark line..yet Ben Stark could still be out there..after being at the highest point of the north with hidden wildings he returns at the final battle..ready to abandon his watch, help save the day and produce 20 heirs!! :wacko:

As cool as this theory sounds, I don't buy it.  If Benjen was truly the only male Stark capable of creating an heir to Winterfell, then all of the subsequent Stark children would be the product of a man who broke his oaths in order to keep the house alive.  I don't see the fate of the stark line taking this route.  I know that vows can often overlap, but I still don't think it's probable. 

Again this theory is awesome and helps us to understand the story much further.

I had been under the impression that Rickon could not survive being held by the Bolton's.  I assumed that he would be killed just before being reunited with Jon.  Now I'm not so sure.

But lets assume that Rickon does die, Jon is a Targaryean, Bran is unable to produce an heir and Benjen is still bound to the nights watch.<assuming there is no resurrection involved>

Who is left to produce a true-born heir?

Sansa..

How would Sansa Produce A Stark heir?

Dornish Law ..

Under which Lady Sansa Stark could be the matriarch of the New House Stark..

Now that would really shake things up, talk about "Breaking the wheel"

P.S.

Dornish Law will involve Dany discovering her Dornish background.

A part of me hopes that Rickon is in league with Badass-Beard Umber and that they're gonna raise some subtle hell for the Boltons. However, that's unlikely.

The more likely scenario - as people have already mentioned - is Ramsay using him as bait for Jon SnuSnu. Rickon then dies in episode 9 to 'shock' people, thus upping the episode's/show's edge and grim-darkness.

20 hours ago, Dakota Workman said:

As cool as this theory sounds, I don't buy it.  If Benjen was truly the only male Stark capable of creating an heir to Winterfell, then all of the subsequent Stark children would be the product of a man who broke his oaths in order to keep the house alive.  I don't see the fate of the stark line taking this route.  I know that vows can often overlap, but I still don't think it's probable. 

Again this theory is awesome and helps us to understand the story much further.

I had been under the impression that Rickon could not survive being held by the Bolton's.  I assumed that he would be killed just before being reunited with Jon.  Now I'm not so sure.

But lets assume that Rickon does die, Jon is a Targaryean, Bran is unable to produce an heir and Benjen is still bound to the nights watch.<assuming there is no resurrection involved>

Who is left to produce a true-born heir?

Sansa..

How would Sansa Produce A Stark heir?

Dornish Law ..

Under which Lady Sansa Stark could be the matriarch of the New House Stark..

Now that would really shake things up, talk about "Breaking the wheel"

P.S.

Dornish Law will involve Dany discovering her Dornish background.

Says who?

There are paraplegic males who can still perform. It's not that uncommon.

On 13/05/2016 at 4:32 PM, the tower of albion said:

There is the true history of Westeros (the books) and the revisionist history of Westeros (the show) so don't worry about Rickon what ever happens to him in the show isn't real. I'll stick the facts as being reported by Grand Maester Martin and not rickety old Nan-D&D's silly bed time story. They're just trying to scare you.

Whatever happens to Rickon (a non-entity/plot device in the books) on the show will be the only version of what happens you will ever get. Time to come to terms with it.

2 hours ago, Darksky said:

Whatever happens to Rickon (a non-entity/plot device in the books) on the show will be the only version of what happens you will ever get. Time to come to terms with it.

Rickon is not a non entity in the books, he's the basis for the Manderlays and several northern house's possible revolt against the Boltons..... That was left completely dangling at the end of DwD..... If and when we finally get WoW I guess we'll find out though...

He may very well be plotting with the Umbers to bring down Ramsay from inside Winterfell, planning some trojan horse moves. But they've seriously underestimated Ramsay.  They think he's like Theon, likely to let the young Stark and Osha move around the castle, but Ramsay won't do that - he'll have them in chains at best. 

We'll get a couple of conversations in which to get to know and love Rickon (as with Shireen), and maybe a couple of moments of hope for him, but come episode 9 (because this is where they like to break our hearts - Ned, the RW, Oberyn, Shireen) Rickon is a goner.

I really want to be wrong and every time I read a post saying otherwise I'm hoping against hope...

I was really very shocked to see they killed Shaggydog.

Clearly it doesn't bode well for Rickon andit strongly seems as if he gets killed at some point in light of this.

It also seems his storyline is very different from what we will see in Winds.

But maybe he will live, it's hard to believe he too would be killed. But then I didn't think yet another Direwolf wouild be murdered either.

Rickon won't die this episode. I'm sure he'll die sometime around the end of the season so that the internet can find itself in an uproar yet again.

And to the people who think he's plotting with the Umbers to betray Ramsay. Remember when we thought the same thing of Sansa last year when we heard she was going to Winterfell? Yeah, there was no plotting then and there's no plotting now. It's just as straight forward and stupid as it appears to be.

On 5/13/2016 at 8:32 AM, the tower of albion said:

Grand Maester Martin has been sleeping on his laurels for quite a while, hasn't he? Better call the Citadel, see if they can send one who can write. 

As to the OP...close enough. There goes Osha's beefed up role :(

Sucks that they're going to kill him off in the show. He's definitely dead by the end of the season. I wonder why D&D are so fascinated with giving Ramsay as much easy victories and kills as possible before he finally bites it. Being that the show is the new canon now, I'll just have to cope with my dreams of King Rickon Wild Wolf being crushed.

Archived