Can we expect Rikon to die in this episode?

Drogo_1

On 5/11/2016 at 0:34 AM, tinka10 said:

Sadly, I agree. I think both Rickon and Sansa are on borrowed time. Sansa has the potential for a 'better' future, but after all that's happened, what kind of man would Rickon grow up to be?

I disagree, I think Sansa will be the only Stark left in Winterfell when it's over.

Up until now, every theory that assumed the show was subtle proved to be wrong (the most obvious example being spy-Talisa). So, sadly, I think the Umbers are truly siding with the Boltons and they killed Shaggydog. Given the latest episode, where Osha was killed by invincible (again) Ramsay...poor Rickon's fate is grim.

What reason would Ramsay have to keep him alive? If anything, killing Rickon would piss off Jon even more, the battle would still take place. And he would get rid of another contender for the lordship of Winterfell. We are talking about the man who had no qualms about killing his own father and brother for the same purpose.

I really hope this is not something they are doing for shock value. Viewers have invested enough time and feelings in these characters to see them killed for shock value; see Barristan, Doran, Stannis, Roose, etc. Grrm does not write off the characters that easily, he incorporates their deaths into the story so everything doesn't seem rushed, unfortunately this is not what the show does. So be very afraid for Rickon :(

On May 10, 2016 at 4:24 PM, CrastorsLivingSon said:

No.  Not this episode.

It seems as if you're suggesting he dies in a future episode which is messed up for those of us who don't read spoilers and just want to discuss the episodes in peace. 

5 hours ago, Wynafryd Manderly said:

What reason would Ramsay have to keep him alive? If anything, killing Rickon would piss off Jon even more, the battle would still take place. And he would get rid of another contender for the lordship of Winterfell. We are talking about the man who had no qualms about killing his own father and brother for the same purpose.

1.  To get Jon / Sansa to come back to him

2.  To gain loyalty of the other northern houses?   This one IDK about, but its possible.  Lets say House Mormont refuses to join and still thinks of the Starks as their King.  Well if Rickon is the only known male Stark alive, they might do as Ramsay says to protect their king.  (or at least stay out of the war and do nothing).   I dont see this being the truth, because Ramsay is a sadistic bastard (literally) and I really dont think he has ANY strategy.  Right now he thinks, KILL KILL KILL and he wins. 

3.  He likes young boys to play games with?

4 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

It seems as if you're suggesting he dies in a future episode which is messed up for those of us who don't read spoilers and just want to discuss the episodes in peace. 

Uh.  No.  Answered the OP.  Succinctly.  Simply.

If ya want to read into things.  The damn OP thread title can be read the same way. 

Archived