New Commander of the Watch... Dolorous Ed?

Clariana

On 5/11/2016 at 4:56 PM, WSmith84 said:

I did chuckle a little at the end of that scene, because Jon's going to have to turn right back around, grab some clothes and food (and Ghost), get on a horse and leave all over again. Or maybe he'll just head out on foot, too embarrassed to turn around, and die.

If he's leaving to head south,   he's going to have to turn around,  anyway, and he should be more embarrassed that he's going the wrong way.  The gate out of Castle Black that leads to the road south is clearly visible in the background of that very last scene.    

I'd say I'm surprised so many people missed it,  but I admit,  I did, too,  until I saw someone else point it out a day or two ago.  

On 5/11/2016 at 3:30 PM, Charlie Hustle said:

Why is Mel a surprise to follow Jon? What would be her motivation to stay at the wall compared to following the person who was brought back by R'hllor?

She'll probably end up doing something like telling Jon he should burn Sansa to guarantee victory or something.

aka the brother of the sad countenance. 

Hard to say if Edd would be a good commander, but I think yes. He has experience on the wall and he was a squire which, while not a knight, will have given him some experience of formal battle strategy...maybe not as much as some of the other knights, but certainly more than the swineherds and rapers that are on the wall....plus, he seems like a decent person.

Archived