Ellaria and the Sand Snakes

Padraig O'Sullivan

Ellaria is a very good cast. Otherwise

On 13.05.2016 at 5:43 PM, mattnj81 said:

I don't think the actresses are bad. The writing, the dialogue, story, etc. were the real issue.

This.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeing as they decided to write Ellaria as a vicious vengeful murderer, Indira Varma probably was an ok cast, although they still wrote her dialogue badly. 

Sand Snakes, well again they wrote characters that were vicious, immature, illogical, and gave them a ridiculous plot and very bad lines so the casting isn't the worst part of the sand snakes, although not very good either. 

Meryl Streep herself couldn't have made this thing work. It takes a very very very talented actor to sell this kind of dialogue. 

In terms of looks, I think Ellaria, Obara and Nymeria (for some reason I actually had pictured the Volanteene as Asian when reading the books) are a pretty close fit. Tyene looks different than the book version but it's not a deal breaker. 

Of course, there's so much that went wrong with the Sand Snakes that it's not worth mentioning it. But I think it was a missed opportunity to improve on what I think were really poor characters in the books. Shame (Shame! Shame!)

Obara is the only one I really have issue with. Its not so much her appearance (she is suppose to be big-boned), its the way they have  Keisha Castle-Hughes playing her. She always has this mad dog look on her like someone just pissed in her cheerios.

On 7/16/2016 at 7:39 PM, Bran Snow said:

Obara is the only one I really have issue with. Its not so much her appearance (she is suppose to be big-boned), its the way they have  Keisha Castle-Hughes playing her. She always has this mad dog look on her like someone just pissed in her cheerios.

Whenever she's on screen, all I see is Buttercup from the PowerPuff Girls.

Overall I think the Sand Snake casting is fine, the short one (bad pussy) in particular is gorgeous. As many have said, the actresses aren't the problem, the entire Dorne story line was just horrifically written and terribly ill conceived.

• 8 months later...

Indira Varma was the perfect Ellaria. I don't think that they could find a better actress. However she was a victim of poor writting. The SandSnakes were bad, the casting was off and the writting was even worse.

On 18/7/2016 at 10:12 AM, Rory Snow said:

Whenever she's on screen, all I see is Buttercup from the PowerPuff Girls.

:lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:33 PM, Ser Lockjaw of House Bolta said:

Meryl Streep herself couldn't have made this thing work. It takes a very very very talented actor to sell this kind of dialogue. 

In terms of looks, I think Ellaria, Obara and Nymeria (for some reason I actually had pictured the Volanteene as Asian when reading the books) are a pretty close fit. Tyene looks different than the book version but it's not a deal breaker. 

Of course, there's so much that went wrong with the Sand Snakes that it's not worth mentioning it. But I think it was a missed opportunity to improve on what I think were really poor characters in the books. Shame (Shame! Shame!)

Yes, IMHO they're bad characters in the books and while the series did them no favors I don't really think it could be helped.  For me nothing Dornish ,except Oberyn, is worth a hoot, in the series or the books.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived