[Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Reprecussions - Season 6 Edition

Ran

1 minute ago, LadySoftheart said:

Here you go! 

Look it's Jorahgorn and Daariolas looking for Khaleesi! 

Thanks, 

o no, not Tyrion scenes. ZZZzzz. 

And poor Theon managed to get to the Iron Islands. Wow, no idea how he has done that? Teleporting perhaps. Who knows? I don't want him there!

5 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Thanks, 

And poor Theon managed to get to the Iron Islands. Wow, no idea how he has done that? Teleporting perhaps. Who knows? I don't want him there!

I think we might be in for a little more kinslaying fun! so far this season we've had brother-in-law slaying, first cousin slaying, parricide, fratricide, stepmother-slaying ... It's about time for some Euron-nephew slaying methinks! And Theon can't be hanging out the Iron Islands while Yara goes off to Meereen. I bet he's a goner!

14 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I hated it too. I even put it on the same level as Shaggy's death and you know how much I love the furry darlings. 

Never forgive, never forget!

Unless, of course, your a northern lord loyal to the Starks.

Here's definitely another vote for hated it. 

13 minutes ago, Darkstream said:

Unless, of course, your a northern lord loyal to the Starks.

Here's definitely another vote for hated it. 

Yeah, I am in dilemma. Should I keep my member name or change it to "Unlike the Show North I remember"? I am not really sure yet.  

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

Thanks, 

dudes, Theon and Asha are totally going to to SImplified Bay to get Deadpans.  They will show up and save Varys and St.Tyrion and crew right after Dany shows up with the Dothraki on Drogon.  And the season will end with them all skipping home to Westeros finally on Ironborn ships. Oh and Asha/Theon will pick up a red priestess on the way instead of Moquorro.

cause Euron Crow's Ey......I mean Euron 2 Regular Eyes is totes gonna win the Kingsmoot (cause it's the law to always have one!)

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

dudes, Theon and Asha are totally going to to SImplified Bay to get Deadpans.  They will show up and save Varys and St.Tyrion and crew right after Dany shows up with the Dothraki on Drogon.  And the season will end with them all skipping home to Westeros finally on Ironborn ships. Oh and Asha/Theon will pick up a red priestess on the way instead of Moquorro.

I am all for Theon joining Asharion. I just want him away from Euron!!!

23 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I am all for Theon joining Asharion. I just want him away from Euron!!!

I doubt this will be the case. If the show's pattern is anything to go by, Euron will win the kingsmoot and then hold Theon hostage to ensure Yara's cooperation in the mission to bring him a Targaryen bride. 'Cos Two-Eyes knows she is a lesbian, being a warrior woman and all, she cannot be allowed to seduce Dany for herself.

Just now, ArabellaVidal said:

I doubt this will be the case. If the show's pattern is anything to go by, Euron will win the kingsmoot and then hold Theon hostage to ensure Yara's cooperation in the mission to bring him a Targaryen bride. 'Cos Two-Eyes knows she is a lesbian, being a warrior woman and all, she cannot be allowed to seduce Dany for herself.

While I completely hate why Theon decided to go to the II, this decision of Euron would actually make some logical sense. Who had thought this might happen on GoT :dunno:.

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

cause Euron Crow's Ey......I mean Euron 2 Regular Eyes is totes gonna win the Kingsmoot (cause it's the law to always have one!)

Why has Theon been running around for 5 seasons saying he is the heir to the Iron Islands? What is the heir to? He must just have meant that he is heir to the Kingsmoot? because it's "the law", even Yara didn't seem to know what the fuck Damphair was talking about, but then why should she when we the audience never seem to either!

Let's be honest. Were the show handed to two other hack writers, and given the same budget ... let's say either a Roger Corman or the guys who wrote the script for White Girls [feel free to insert any tandem of horrible writers here] ... would the show be any worse?

Honestly? Could anyone, regardless of lack of talent, given the same resources, have made the show worse than what we are seeing right now?

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

The main problem is still the acting and dialogue, though. I mean, sure, that guy was ALL wrong, physically, but if he was a good actor and the dialogue was good as well, it wouldn't matter so much. The problem is that NOTHING in the scene worked, so it was one bad thing on top of the other on top of the other. :ack:

This. See Arthur Dayne with dark hair for example. That threw me only for one sec. But he played his awkward lines natural and more according to the character of the scene, and looked so damn hot, that I thought.. Ok, Arthur Dayne with dark hair gets a pass, because it becomes him. :lmao:

But Ned's wig and pout only made it worse, because Ned Stark wanted to avoid the confrontation, and not just years later. He was already disgusted by Jaime slaying the Mad King, ahd a disagreement with Robert over the murder of Elia and Rhaegar's children and went South to have the Tyrells dip their banners at the siege of Storm's End. Despite his young age, he wasn't a hothead angry with the kingsguard. He wanted to give them an out , "then (at ToJ) and now (in the dream)".

I don't mind alteration of the dialogue, as it wasn't meant to be a dream in the show. Here it was necessary to change iconic lines. But they just turned Ned into some snarky bad-ass, instead of a man saying, "We don't need to do this. The war's over and you can surrender or even ride for Dragonstone and join Viserys."

5 hours ago, LadySoftheart said:

I think we might be in for a little more kinslaying fun! so far this season we've had brother-in-law slaying, first cousin slaying, parricide, fratricide, stepmother-slaying ... It's about time for some Euron-nephew slaying methinks! And Theon can't be hanging out the Iron Islands while Yara goes off to Meereen. I bet he's a goner!

Agree - Theon's a goner. GOT formula is that a long term character dies in epi 4: Joffrey, Barristan...Euron can't have Balon's son being alive. For the epi 4 death poll, I'm going for Theon. 

6 hours ago, The Wull said:

Does anyone think we'll get a Branovision flashback to the Harrenhal tourney?  At least provide some kind of backstory for the Tower of Joy?   As cool as it would be to see it done well, I think we all know how badly it would turn out.

Without it though, they're really relying on people's outside knowledge to understand anything about Lyanna or Rhaegar.  Not that they have a problem with lazy writing though, they'll just explain it the extras as usual...

But AwesomeFinger told the story of the tourney to Sansa last year down in the crypts, remember? 

10 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

And it's all confusing as hell. I've seen posts here and elsewhere, and had rl friends comment that the fact that she drank from the euthanasia well means she is going to die. 

I took it two ways.

One there is something magical about it, it only kills people who want to/need to die or  the Gods have no more use for .  Or someone who truly believes they are 'no one' is immune.  

OR 

When she was mixing the powders she was mixing the Antidote. It was a test as to how much she trusts her own work.  If she didn't drink then she failed because she didn't trust herself.  If she died well then who cares they are fed up with her failing shit. 

9 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

And it's even worse that this was Arthur Dayne, like, why'd you kill the hot guy?

Was exactly how I felt... Goodbye hot guy. :crying:

Arthur Dayne

More Arthur Dayne

I need me a Black Sails fix  Well I have the first two seasons on DVD now, but he only appears in S3, which is not yet aired here.

10 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I'm ready to gouge my eyes out with something blunt and rusty, more like. :ack:

Given the changes they made, they'll probably have Ned hacking Lyanna to pieces, for shaming her family.

Archived