Faceless Men Using Arya

Tooms

22 minutes ago, Slaysman said:

Exactly this. The Faceless Men are ,after all, our modern equivalent of covert operatives. Having Arya Stark as an ally would be an opportunity they could not pass up. It gives them access to the high society in Westeros, a base of operations and a place to disappear to. It is my theory they will teach her the skills, but not make her one of them. While the show does pay attention to the religious aspect of the Faceless Men I do not think it a necessity for membership.

I also theorize that they will let her go, but come asking one day to pay her debt to the Red God. I believe the debt will to become something like the bureau leaders in the original Assassin's Creed.

If her Nobility status is all they require... why don't they just take her face? 

6 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

If her Nobility status is all they require... why don't they just take her face? 

As I said just a theory. As I am not a subject matter expert on how nobility behaves, I just assume it is different in Bravoos and Westeros. Subtle nuances that anyone in the nobility social rank would take notice of, such as Cercei pointing out Shae's poor curtsy(sp?) during Stannis' siege of King's Landing. So the pragmatic approach would be teach a socialite how to be a killer. After all is it not their eventual goal to become No One? No One does not draw attention to themselves.

2 hours ago, Slaysman said:

As I said just a theory. As I am not a subject matter expert on how nobility behaves, I just assume it is different in Bravoos and Westeros. Subtle nuances that anyone in the nobility social rank would take notice of, such as Cercei pointing out Shae's poor curtsy(sp?) during Stannis' siege of King's Landing. So the pragmatic approach would be teach a socialite how to be a killer. After all is it not their eventual goal to become No One? No One does not draw attention to themselves.

Arya doesn’t behave like Nobility. Her face would be perfect as she naturally doesn't fit in with the norm. Yet that's not what the FM end up taking. The FM's agenda in the books goes deeper than that. 

An interesting read on FM motives with Arya:

On 9/27/2016 at 6:11 PM, DutchArya said:

Arya doesn’t behave like Nobility. Her face would be perfect as she naturally doesn't fit in with the norm. Yet that's not what the FM end up taking. The FM's agenda in the books goes deeper than that. 

An interesting read on FM motives with Arya:

Very interesting. I believe you are right DutchArya. I went with my theory because I attempt to simplify problems. Great read and theory.

Archived