Just now, Chloe.a.thomson said:

Yeah, I thought the pyre was a one time magical event....

It read that somewhere too but it never made any sense to me have her be fireproof once and then never explain the disappearance of this gift

Just now, Arya Gendry said:

Not to be argumentative, but how do you know it's their idea? I like it.

If something stupid looks like D&D's idea, sound like D&D's idea, then it is D&D's idea, though it is nice to see Emilia Clarke topless again

1 minute ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

No, Targaryens are known for being fire proof.

George himself did suggest that being fireproof was a one off... but there is no evidence in the book one way or another. There's a tonne of theories all the same, so I don't mind the show simplifying those into basically she's fire proof.

1 minute ago, marsyao said:

If something stupid looks like D&D's idea, sound like D&D's idea, then it is D&D's idea, though it is nice to see Emilia Clarke topless again

It's cool if you don't like the series (I despised season 5), but why are you here then?

EDit: Besides Emilia's boobs, I mean.

Edited by plectrum

Just now, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

No, Targaryens are known for being fire proof.

They absolutely aren't in the books. Dany just got burnt herself by Drogon in the last book and a bunch have been killed by some form of fire. In the show I guess they are saying she's fireproof which is just kind of silly in my opinion but whatever I check out during her scenes anyway she bores me to death. 

2 minutes ago, Arya'sSanctuary said:

Yes, I think in the "real" dothraki culture, new leaders would spring up and move to crush the usurper, who may have great tricks, but is, after all, just a woman! :wacko:

I think that's where the dragons come in handy...keep them in line