1 minute ago, marsyao said:

If something stupid looks like D&D's idea, sound like D&D's idea, then it is D&D's idea, though it is nice to see Emilia Clarke topless again

I just didn't think it was stupid. Option A - she's whisked back to Mereen by Chico and the StoneMan. Option B - saved by a dragon. Option C - conquer an army, advance the plot, and GET US ALL THE HELL OUT OF MEREEN. I've seen worse things on this show. Call me crazy, tonight's was rather good.

Just now, Raksha 2014 said:

Has Daenerys been burned at all on the show since the birth of the dragons?  I cannot remember.

No. It seems show is just going to run with the idea she is fire proof. Fits into the show, but not the books. That's fine.

5 minutes ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

No, Targaryens are known for being fire proof.

I cannot find a source for this, but it seems to be the quote (from around 2000) that gets bandied around regarding being fireproof:

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?
George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.
Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?
George_RR_Martin: Probably not.

3 minutes ago, Arya Gendry said:

I just didn't think it was stupid. Option A - she's whisked back to Mereen by Chico and the StoneMan. Option B - saved by a dragon. Option C - conquer an army, advance the plot, and GET US ALL THE HELL OUT OF MEREEN. I've seen worse things on this show. Call me crazy, tonight's was rather good.

We already knew that the Dothraki would kneel before her. Dany saw iit in the House of the Undying.

Edited by Tooms

1 minute ago, Tooms said:

No. It seems show is just going to run with the idea she is fire proof. Fits into the show, but not the books. That's fine.

Yeah, Ill go with this being a book/show difference. As much as it irks me.

Especially since Targs have been killed by fire in the past.

1 minute ago, Arya Gendry said:

I agree with you.  I fully expected the Drogon option.  That was actually a nice surprise, and it works better in terms of the overall plot (IMHO).

1 minute ago, Tooms said:

We already knew that the Dothraki would kneel before her. Dany see it in the House of the Undying.

As many times as I've read the books and watched the shows, I can't keep all of the back story straight. I'm not afraid to admit it (: Thanks for the reminder.

4 minutes ago, Tooms said:

I mean she did survive being burnt once in the books too. Also survived her dragons burning down the House of the Undying. It's plausible enough at this point and they hinted it in the very first episode.

1 minute ago, plectrum said:

I agree with you.  I fully expected the Drogon option.  That was actually a nice surprise, and it works better in terms of the overall plot (IMHO).

It is just proved that GRRM did not brief what happens after Danny meet Dothraki hords, D&D have no clue, hence they have to improvise, and like every time they try to improvise, there come the stupidity

Just now, lancerman said:

I mean she did survive being burnt once in the books too. Also survived her dragons burning down the House of the Undying. It's plausible enough at this point and they hinted it in the very first episode.

Fits the show fine... Books it's more complicated. However there are various ways this same event could play out in the books too. 

Just now, plectrum said:

Nah the dragon would have been far more entertaining opposed to a room full of ultra violent guys watching her slowly knocking over the braziers while speechifying while doing nothing to stop her. Dany's whole messiah thing always comes across as cheesy as hell to me whenver something happens and she comes out and everybody starts bowing just makes me roll me eyes like crazy. 

Just now, NOT A TARG I SWEAR said:

Nah the dragon would have been far more entertaining opposed to a room full of ultra violent guys watching her slowly knocking over the braziers while speechifying while doing nothing to stop her....

Except we already saw the "Drogon saves the day" scene last season.  It would have just been a repeat...

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

In the books it's repeated over and over how much she likes her scalding hot baths. But, she's burned by dragon fire. So maybe that's the thing. She's impervious to fire, but not dragon fire. Maybe it's special, like dragonglass or Valyrian steel. Pure speculation on my part, let the ridicule begin.

2 minutes ago, Tooms said:

Fits the show fine... Books it's more complicated. However there are various ways this same event could play out in the books too. 

I mean I don't think it necessarily has to happen in the books. But the show has alluded to it enough that they can use it how they did.

7 minutes ago, Tooms said:

This. It's also worth noting that if it wasn't fire-proof Dany ex-machina to get her out of that mess, it would have been Drogon ex-machina. Much prefer the show giving Dany some agency, and to be fair, they've been fairly consistent about her being relatively fire-proof in the show.