I liked this episode, but it was a bit more boring than the last three. I just get so bored with the HS and his preachy nonsense that I tune out during his scenes. Please someone end the HS and his little sparrows. Please.

Jon and Sansa reunion! Yay! And Brienne and Tormund power couple! As soon as she rode in, I said 'Torumnd is gonna love Brienne!'

PINK LETTER!! Yes!

Osha was never going to survive this season. It was sad to see her go.

I was glad to see LF back. As much of a shit as he is, I love watching him and how he works.

Iron Islands needs more Euron.

Hopefully this gets Dany's ass him gear. She'll smash Astapor, Yunkai, Mereen and probably Volantis and pop on over to Westeros. Please woman, get a move on. 

I'm thinking (hoping) we'll just get updates with what's happening in Dorne now. We won't see it as much this season.

With the title of this episode, I convinced myself that The Hound would be back. I guess we have to wait a little longer.

Overall, not my favourite episode this season, but I liked it!

4 minutes ago, tmug said:

I saw Dany pushing each pyre to the floor and just thought that it seemed like a cheaper way of demonstrating her magical powers rather than having to make Drogon or even a Vis/Rhagal appearance with CGI. I could have sworn this was going to be an "oh shit, dragon!" appearance to make the Dothraki kneel before her. I thought that would have been better.

I think this was better than having a dragon come save her, again. Here, she has agency, she doesn't need a savior. She asserts herself and is wholly successful for the first time in a long time (I'm thinking since the time she acquired the unsullied.) Plus, I think most were expecting the dragon flying in to save the day. This makes her stronger. She proves she has an inner strength by formulating how to unite the hordes and kill the khals....and she has dragons.

It makes her more formidable.

3 minutes ago, RadSam said:

I liked this episode, but it was a bit more boring than the last three. I just get so bored with the HS and his preachy nonsense that I tune out during his scenes. Please someone end the HS and his little sparrows. Please.

Jon and Sansa reunion! Yay! And Brienne and Tormund power couple! As soon as she rode in, I said 'Torumnd is gonna love Brienne!'

PINK LETTER!! Yes!

I was glad to see LF back. As much of a shit as he is, I love watching him and how he works.

Hopefully this gets Dany's ass him gear. She'll smash Astapor, Yunkai, Mereen and probably Volantis and pop on over to Westeros. Please woman, get a move on. 

I'm thinking (hoping) we'll just get updates with what's happening in Dorne now. We won't see it as much this season.

With the title of this episode, I convinced myself that The Hound would be back. I guess we have to wait a little longer.

24 minutes ago, Risto said:

15 minutes ago, mykeuva said:

I think this was better than having a dragon come save her, again. Here, she has agency, she doesn't need a savior. She asserts herself and is wholly successful for the first time in a long time (I'm thinking since the time she acquired the unsullied.) Plus, I think most were expecting the dragon flying in to save the day. This makes her stronger. She proves she has an inner strength by formulating how to unite the hordes and kill the khals....and she has dragons.

It makes her more formidable.

Yes, Dragon would be make lot more sense, I better it would GRRM's choice

13 minutes ago, tmug said:

I saw Dany pushing each pyre to the floor and just thought that it seemed like a cheaper way of demonstrating her magical powers rather than having to make Drogon or even a Vis/Rhagal appearance with CGI. I could have sworn this was going to be an "oh shit, dragon!" appearance to make the Dothraki kneel before her. I thought that would have been better.

I honestly thought they way the scene developed was so much better. We just witnessed a Dragon Ex Machina scene at the end of last season, now it's time for a change and with Dany being more proactive. 

Best part of the episode was Jon and Sansa reuniting. The writing was a bit improved over past episodes IMO. Jon's vows were touched on, Davos finally decided to give a damn about Stannis and Shireen again. 

But for me, the last scene stuck out like a sore thumb. Randomly deciding that Dany is immune to fire in the show-canon isn't an excuse really.

Edited by xi0

7 minutes ago, RadSam said:

PINK LETTER!! Yes!

I agree with most of this and I think Brienne may finally find true love, Tormund was absolutely smitten, lol. And I was surprised Ramsey killed her this quickly, I thought he'd play with her a little but I guess she was too obvious for him.

Disregard the last post, I couldn't get rid of this one quote I didn't want to use(from another thread, which is weird.)

2 minutes ago, Steelborn said:

I honestly thought they way the scene developed was so much better. We just witnessed a Dragon Ex Machina scene at the end of last season, now it's time for a change and with Dany being more proactive. 

By making her immune to being burnt? I'm all for giving a character more agency, but this wasn't very different from Drogon saving her. 

Just now, xi0 said:

Best part of the episode was Jon and Sansa reuniting. The writing was a bit improved over past episodes IMO. Jon's vows were touched on, Stannis finally decided to give a damn about Stannis and Shireen again. 

But for me, the last scene stuck out like a sore thumb. Randomly deciding that Dany is immune to fire in the show-canon isn't an excuse really.

I assume you mean that Davos decided to give a damn about Stannis and Shireen.  I wonder if Davos will learn Shireen's fate, and what his reaction will be; if he will kill Melisandre.  I loved the Jon/Sansa reunion; best  part of the show. Hopefully the Starks are going to start reclaiming what was theirs.  The sooner Ramsay is dead, the better for everyone.

Just as it should be. The episode was FANTASTIC! It made perfect sense in terms of the arc the show itself will take. Are there aspects that may not hold up to the books? Perhaps, but the remaining books aren't out yet so get over it. 

LOVE Jon and Sansa's reunion. Love how Tormund made googly eyes at Brienne. Like that the pink letter made an appearance and gave Jon his motivation to fight. I think that how Tyrion handled the slavery situation made perfect sense in terms of being realistic and spoke to modern politics. Dany's development felt full-circle from how season 1 ended and I like how it was handled. Littlerfinger is ever the manipulator and Sweet Robert is ever the creepy over-indulged child. I'm not as interested in the Iron Islands arc, but all seemed how it should be there.

The last few episodes were enjoyable, but I found them slow. Now I see where we're going and so look forward to getting there!

Counting the days until next week!

3 minutes ago, RadSam said:

Not that I'm aware of unfortunately.

I believe if you put the cursor over the user name you will see the option to ignore a user.  From there you can select the option to ignore posts from the user.  Not that I have done this...:D

1 minute ago, Ludo Kressh said:

I agree with most of this and I think Brienne may finally find true love, Tormund was absolutely smitten, lol. And I was surprised Ramsey killed her this quickly, I thought he'd play with her a little but I guess she was too obvious for him.

Disregard the last post, I couldn't get rid of this one quote I didn't want to use(from another thread, which is weird.)

Here's hoping she does! 

I thought Osha would last a little longer. Perhaps take the role of the Ghost of WF, kill off some of Ramsay's men, but nope. I was wondering if Rickon would, but I highly doubt it. 

(That's happened to me before. Hold ctrl and right click :) )

5 minutes ago, xi0 said:

By making her immune to being burnt? I'm all for giving a character more agency, but this wasn't very different from Drogon saving her. 

I guess they're playing off when she got in that scalding hot bath and picked up her hot dragon eggs in season 1. As much as I loved that scene, I was also asking the question 'I thought this was a one off thing after walking out of that pyre in season one'.

Edited by Ludo Kressh

10 minutes ago, xi0 said:

She's been immune to fire since day one in show-canon, they needed to show that off again. And Drogon saving her all of a sudden again would have been repetitive in my opinion.

Edited by Steelborn

7 minutes ago, Raksha 2014 said:

I assume you mean that Davos decided to give a damn about Stannis and Shireen.  I wonder if Davos will learn Shireen's fate, and what his reaction will be; if he will kill Melisandre.  I loved the Jon/Sansa reunion; best  part of the show. Hopefully the Starks are going to start reclaiming what was theirs.  The sooner Ramsay is dead, the better for everyone.

Yeah, typo!

Well, I was having my doubts about it even being brought up again, so who knows. Where the story is going, I wonder how relevant it'll be exactly.

2 minutes ago, Ludo Kressh said:

I guess they're playing off when she got in that scalding hot bath and picked up her hot dragon eggs in season 1. As much as I loved that scene, I was also asking the question 'I thought this was a one off thing after walking out of that pyre in season one'.

Well yeah, rather obvious...just seemed like a goofy thing IMO. The writers deciding that's how they wanted things to be "resolved" with the Dothraki, but not actually thinking through it at all. 

The way Tyrion handled the slavery situation was more realistic and well work better than just killing a bunch of slavers and saying 'No more slavery' then thinking they will just obey. If it was handled this way from the start, I wonder if things would have worked out better for Dany? Tyrion is boring me as much this season as he is in ADwD, but this episode made me see that Dany needs him. 

1 minute ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

I wonder how they are going to get Brienne down to the riverlands this season?

.. if that is what is happening.

I've been wondering that too. I had convinced myself that Sansa would end up there and take over LSH. And doesn't Jaime end up there? I can't see how that will be happening any time soon.